It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jon stewart making sense yet again.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Jon Stewart shows rights hypocrisy yet again

Had to change source video. New source is a video streaming site...relevant part is first 8-9 mins.

Yes I know I know..not a real news outlet. Here he is showing the faux outrage of the right yet again..using Benghazi as an excuse to go after the Admin.
edit on 6-5-2014 by Onslaught2996 because: New video source

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 09:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Onslaught2996

The video is blocked on YouTube, but you can see it here:

news.yahoo.com...

It's clear that the GOP thinks Benghazi is their best "scandal" to go after... If that's all they've got, I'm feeling pretty good...

edit on 5/6/2014 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Hmm..I can watch it. Can you? If not that's weird. It is only an excerpt not the entire video.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 09:57 AM
link   

When I click on our video, it says, "This video contains content from Viacom, who has blocked it on copyright grounds". I went to the YouTube site and got the same thing... Hmmm...

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Onslaught2996 sorry I was going to say the same as benolivent below but will look at his link ETA the second link was as useless as the first ...I am done

edit on 6-5-2014 by the2ofusr1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 10:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Yeah now it is..that sucks. Well anyways check out BH link.

Jon Stewart Exposes Fox News' Hypocrisy over Benghazi

"You think people's failure to match your level of outrage is based on ignorance," Stewart said. "That after nearly 100 network news stories, hundreds of cable news stories about Benghazi, 13 Congressional hearings, 50 further Congressional briefings, and 25,000 pages of official findings concerning what happened in Benghazi, that if we all only knew about it, we would care." Right. Rather, the reason no one can match Fox News' outrage is that we've seen this sort of thing before. You want to talk about an intelligence failure leading to the tragedy of American's losing their lives? As Stewart pointed out, there's a little something called the Iraq War. "I commend you for finally getting in touch with your inner outrage. Because if I remember correctly, in the previous decade it was an emotion you did not seem comfortable addressing or expressing," Stewart said.

And if you can watch the video linked in the story.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 10:04 AM
link   
I seen this vid last night and he is spot on. I've been saying for some time now that the Right is using this for political purposes and doesn't really care a damn bit about the people that died.

It's quite sad that people can't see that.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 10:06 AM
link   
So Jon Stewart thinks that there was never any outrage over the Iraq war?

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Onslaught2996 I am in no way a fan of Fox ..but there seems to be a coordinated attack on Fox as well as RY to discredit them , not like Fox needs any help in that respect lol

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 10:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: the2ofusr1
the second link was as useless as the first

Can you be more specific? I'm watching it now...

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic It does not appear in your link . I waited for the page to load but the vid never showed up ..

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

He is saying that the right is making this out to be the biggest travesty to have ever happened to America.

Basically saying...the lies Bush told about Iraq (which got hundreds or thousands of American lives killed) is considered nothing when compared to Benghazi.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 10:20 AM
link   

25,000 pages about Benghazi?
All of those congressional hearings, etc.?

That's about three times or more the effort that went into investigating the events of 9/11.

Hmmmm...

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 10:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Onslaught2996

He is saying that the right is making this out to be the biggest travesty to have ever happened to America.

Basically saying...the lies Bush told about Iraq (which got hundreds or thousands of American lives killed) is considered nothing when compared to Benghazi.

So when Obama took office, what was holding anyone back from getting to the bottom of that whole sordid affair?
The Democratic Party held the majority in both houses of Congress when Obama was inaugurated.
Seems like they should be held accountable for letting that go unscathed, being that it is the biggest travesty that has ever happened to America.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 10:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
So Jon Stewart thinks that there was never any outrage over the Iraq war?

Not in the mainstream media. There were congressional hearings about that as well. Tim Russert is on record saying that if he helped to push the war and the lies he would be given exclusive access to Bush administration officials for his show/articles.

The outrage was buried. Powell went in front of the U.N. with schematics of "mobile biochemical weapons labs" that COBRA from G.I. Joe would have been jealous of and that's a comic book/cartoon.
Remember "You're either with us..."

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 10:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

So when Obama took office, what was holding anyone back from getting to the bottom of that whole sordid affair?
The Democratic Party held the majority in both houses of Congress when Obama was inaugurated.
Seems like they should be held accountable for letting that go unscathed, being that it is the biggest travesty that has ever happened to America.

Great point! And Guantanamo was to be shut down, the troops brought home...
The president and congress do not run this country. They haven't for quite some time now. The Spice (money) must flow! Who controls the Spice, controls the Universe. In this case, military contractors, petrochemical companies, banks and financial corporations with vested interests in these (as well as the media).

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Typical right wing tactics..when unable to defend against topic...deflect to another topic.

Must be a handbook out there..

edit on 6-5-2014 by Onslaught2996 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Here is a link to the video..it is a streaming video link.

Jon Stewart shows rights hypocrisy yet again

The part that is relevant to the topic...is contained in the first 8-9 minutes.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Typical right wing tactics..when unable to defend against topic...deflect to another topic.

Must be a handbook out there..

I didn't bring up the subject of Iraq. I responded to it.
If there is something typical here, it is the left wing turning the argument around when they have nothing to say that is substantive.
When I defend a woman's right to choose, support the legalization of unmentionable substances or oppose the NSA spying.... how far right am I?

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Benghazi is a real scandal.
And the right is using it as a political tool.

The Obama administration said ... never let a good crisis go to waste.
So that's what the right is doing. They are taking a REAL scandal
and they are making political paydirt. Just like the left does when the
right makes real scandals.

Same/same.

new topics

<<   2 >>

join