It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the Nigerian girls

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 08:28 AM
link   
I'm not trying in any way to minimize the horror of these girls being taken, but I caught the video of this guy saying he's got these girls and watching him I had this feeling like I'd seen this before.

Where was it?

Iron Man 3, the Mandarin.

Maybe this guy is a real POS, and some crazed warlord, but that whole video seemed so contrived, he's just not quite as good of an actor as Ben Kingsley.

I'm not saying these girls haven't been taken, and sold, or who knows what. Just this seems like another O.B. L.

My heart goes out to all those girls and their families, whether the captors are who they say they are or not is the point here.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 08:40 AM
link   
a reply to: zardust

What I don't understand is that if this guy wants to sell them why doesn't someone go and offer him a ton of money for there safe return?

It's probably not that simple, but given this idiots mentality maybe it's worth a try.

I know what you are saying about seeing this premiss before, I just can't remember either???
edit on 5/6/2014 by AnteBellum because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Double Post. . .
edit on 5/6/2014 by AnteBellum because: Donkey Punch = DP = Double Post

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 09:12 AM
link   
a reply to: AnteBellum

Fear, Distraction, Reason for The War Machine to go in there.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 09:16 AM
link   
I dont know much about the location of this rebel or rebels but as I mentioned in the other thread...id absolutely volunteer as a merc/(private investigator for legal concerns) in an attempt to at least locate them.....are they scattered? Hidden away? How is there no intel on where these rebels are or hang out..id be taking them one by one...and theyd be talking....or id move on to the next live one.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 09:23 AM
link   
I'm glad you mada a thread about this, I have been thinking of this aswell.

The whole thing stinks and from what I can see the only way this could happen was if the government was in on this.

Think about the logistics for a second, 263 screaming girls disappeared ? Noone heard a thing and no trail was left? Not even tiretracks? you would need at least say 4 trucks 10 vans? I don't know...

Not only that, but MSM should be all over this, and they are downplaying this whole event.

My first thought was, well the global elite have a fresh batch of virgins.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 09:37 AM
link   
KONY V2.0 is all it is, someone or some folks want the continent invaded for one reason or another real bad.
I am hoping the US world police won't have to step in there at all.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 02:24 PM
link   
What I don't understand is why this was not big news almost a month ago when it first happened especially when it came a day after boko haram blew up a bus that killed 71 people, which was also barely reported.

I read about it the day happened on an alternative news site. out of curiosity, I searched cnn and fox that day and they had a small blurb but no big headlines. MSNBC made no mention of it at all until 2 weeks after the fact.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: g146541
KONY V2.0 is all it is, someone or some folks want the continent invaded for one reason or another real bad.
I am hoping the US world police won't have to step in there at all.

Too late the US just announced they are intervening.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 02:39 PM
link   
UK could send SAS to Nigeria to help find girls kidnapped by Boko Haram
Whitehall source says government prepared to deploy special forces and spy planes if requested by Nigerian authorities
www.theguardian.com...

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 02:46 PM
link   
If it's some sort of conspiracy and the named cell is being wrongfully accused they can certainly speak up now. They will be taken out due to this bold action so I would think they would want to proclaim that they are being set up, wouldn't they?

They've been taken for more than idealistic purposes (their idea of idealism) for sure. Selling people brings in a lot of funds for whatever they want to do. Especially young people. The concern is that this happened several weeks ago so they have probably been sold. They would have had buyers set up if that was their true intention.
What I want to know, other than what hope there is to finding these kids, is what they plan to do with all of that money.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Deny Arrogance

We are of the same mindset here. I read an article where the Nigerian army denied it had taken place and that the area it happened in is mostly muslim, implying that the abductees were muslim. I read another where the girls had already entered Chad and Cameroon and been sold off after being forced to convert, and there were tweets from a couple of the new husbamds. One of the government ministers was leaking information to that effect that he had shared with the army. Then the mother of one of the abductees was thrown into prison and for organising a protest rally (!) and accused by the country's first lady of trying to start trouble. It stinks.

Our countries are giving foreign aid to that horrendous place and there needs to be some accountability to show what they are doing to being the girls back. If they do not go after that sect themselves, then I hope we cut off aid.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 03:15 PM
link   
I think is hard for people in the West or any modern nation to undertand a place like Nigeria. Large Parts of the country either have only a token goverment presence or none at all. The Nigerian military is a poorly trained, poorly equiped, and poorly lead mess. Boko Haram is active in about half the country and it is very hard for the Nigerian military to get a large enough force moved fast to bring them to battle and even when they do fight it does not always go well for the Nigerians. Things were so bad that the goverment encouraged villiages to form militias to fight back. We all know what happens in modern day combat when a miltia meets a trained force, slaughter. Boko Haram literarly went after the militias and killed them in mass numbers.

So 200 girls are easy to take and hide when half the country is the wild willd west. Now that this has been making the rounds in the Western social media and now MSM the US feels pressure to do something. The fact is their is very little we can do. Some advisors to try and coordinate the NIgerian Army so it can move in an organized fashion instead of just a slow mob, some drones or recon assets but, large groups of armed men in villiages or compounds is the norm for most of the country so that will prove to be of little use. Hard on the ground intel will be needed but, if the Nigerians do not have that you can bet the US does not either. Unless they get a lucky break anything the US does will be more symbolic than anything. In a case like this, in this part of the world not much anyone can do.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: MrSpad

I hear ya. I don't doubt that this guy could be real because of conditions like you've described. It's just that there is an air of stink about the whole thing that makes me say hmmm

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 03:32 PM
link   
well if i was Vlad Putin, i would send in Spetznat just one,,,
then hold a news conference, on there miraculous release.
but i ain't.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 04:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: zardust
a reply to: MrSpad

I hear ya. I don't doubt that this guy could be real because of conditions like you've described. It's just that there is an air of stink about the whole thing that makes me say hmmm

Well it has been going on for years over a decade in fact. And these are only since they started up again in 2010 Boko Haram Attacks

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 07:37 PM
link   
a reply to: AnteBellum

Im pretty sure right now they are undergoing God know what horrors. These demons arent gonna put them up in a hotel, let them shower and buy them McDonalds. While theyve got 'em, they are doing unspeakable stuff .

So, I agree with you. Pay the man and free the girls. But you know what? If they pay it...it sets a precedent and all kinds of nuts will start comitting similar atrocities...so its a no win situation.

I also think we wont be getting 200 girls back...I hope and pray for them Im wrong....MS

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 01:52 AM
link   
The thing is... I see Boko Haram (the group that kidnapped these girls) as being pretty much exactly the same as much of the dominant political thinking in America at the moment. There are so very many so-called "conservative Christians" (who seek neither to conserve nor to be Christ-like) that have almost exactly the same goals, that their only substantive difference from the terrorist band is the amount of energy they are willing to expend. I mean, Boko Haram means "Scientific Learning is Sinful" (basically). To my ears, their arguments are straight out of the old testament: Do What I Say God Says, Don't Ask Questions, If Facts Cast Doubt On Faith Then They Are Evil Facts That Should Be Ignored Even If They Are True, Females Are Less Then Males, Some People Should Be Property.

I think that, if people got to know them, that there're FAR too many people in the world who would buy a drink for these @$$#0l3s than would punch them in the face. So I strongly doubt that any conspiracy is likely. Balance of probabilities, friend. Which is more likely: "people expend millions and man-decades of effort to accomplish.... (something)", or "people are terrible"?

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 01:56 AM
link   
The few children who escaped have said that they could hear gun shots in the distance and then these men wearing uniforms burst in saying that they were the military come to protect them. These men herded the girls into trucks and drove off. It was only until the men started shouting 'allah akbah' that the girls realised these men were bad news.

The dodgy part is how President Goodluck Jonathan sent out a message saying 'all the girls have been retrieved safe and well' only to retract the statement to say ... oh wait no we can;t find them

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 06:54 AM
link   
to be fair, in situations like this with the technology we have, this should be very straight forward,

If big boss dude wants a ransom, Lets pay the money, then simple follow the money all the way till it reaches head honcho. With the surveillance equipment we have this should be very simple, if we can find Bin Laden, we can find this loser

top topics

<<   2 >>

join