It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Family, Friends Of Dead Home Invaders Say “They Didn’t Deserve To Get Killed.”

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 08:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: 200Plus
a reply to: Kryties

You're right. Just send out an address and we will be by to pick up all your stuff you are keen to give away

I'm in another country, one where we use non-lethal means of deterring intruders and where we don't fear that everyone else has a gun and wants to kill us

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 08:52 AM
link   

edit on 6-5-2014 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

+7 more 
posted on May, 6 2014 @ 08:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mianeye

originally posted by: jjkenobi
Oh sure, Americans just can't wait to kill people in self defense.

Oh right, it's our fault for getting our home broken into because we didn't happen to have enough theft deterrents. I guess I should put up barbed wire, motion alarms, a moat with alligators, and a pack of rabid doberman's around my property. Shame on me, what was I thinking? Those poor burglars all over the world getting shot because home owners didn't go nuts on home protection! We should start up a charity for them.

Cause it's very difficult to buy a motion sensor that turns on the light if any unwanted person enters your property.

Your guys excuses are pathetic.

Light? You mean muzzle flash.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 08:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rodinus

If anyone even dares to try and enter my home by force then they either get my 3 dogs on them or kneecapped by my 12 bore. (but not killed... I want them to remember their lesson for the rest of their life).

I have absolutely no problem with this, I have always said warning shots or shots to non-lethal parts of the body are more than sufficient if you have to shoot.

This is generally ignored though by people who sensationalise what I mean and try to make out like I would sit the intruder down and offer him a cup of tea.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 08:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Mianeye

WTH!? Are you even serious?

Burglars are not vampires.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Just goes to prove one fact..a lot of gun owners are the most cowardly people alive. Shooting unarmed individuals..is one of the most cowardly act one can do.

Also a lot of bloodthirsty gun owners have reared their head as usual..intruder breaks into home...gun owner has him/her in sights....kill..no warning or hold them till police get there..just shoot.

So tell me who are you supposed to be better than..because it sure as hell is not murderers, rapist and such..since they also consider human life to be worthless.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Its dark and you were asleep, you wake up to the sound
of an intruder, heart pumping, God what a tuff position to be in.
Sorry I think I would shoot to kill.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 08:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kryties
I have absolutely no problem with this, I have always said warning shots or shots to non-lethal parts of the body are more than sufficient if you have to shoot.

When things like warning shots and less-lethal ammunition are illegal in certain states your options are somewhat limited.

The grand stupidity of the law. Take CT for example. Off the rails with totalitarian anti-gun legislation yet it is perfectly legal to walk around with a half dozen pistols on your person but if you load one of them with less-than-lethal ammunition you're breaking the law.

My understanding of these laws is they stem from some nonsensical notion that if you permit less-than-lethal means of defense kids will be running around shooting each other with beanbags so to be law-abiding you have to load your shotgun with ammo that will obliterate your target rather than simply incapacitate.

It's fun and all to berate and belittle those who do not agree with you but in some states even those who do agree with you cannot follow through for it would be against the law.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 09:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Onslaught2996
bloodthirsty gun owners have reared their head as usual..

You point of view is respected and understood, however... How sad that people have to play with words such as the ones you posted...

May I suggest that you read the complete thread Onslaught?

Please also let us know what you would do if this happened to you, it would be interesting to have your point of view in contributing to the quality of this thread with constructive comments?

Kindest respects

Rodinus
edit on 6/5/14 by Rodinus because: Crap quoting

+3 more 
posted on May, 6 2014 @ 09:00 AM
link   

We've had this discussion before. Any shot to almost any part of the body can be fatal. Many cases of people shot in the head who have survived, and many more where a leg wound severed a artery the the person bled out.

It's not a bloodlust thing either. It's about protecting yourself (especially in your own home). I always tell people that anything and everything can be used as a weapon.

+4 more 
posted on May, 6 2014 @ 09:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Onslaught2996

So you must be part of the caste of criminals who feel that others who are armed are taking away your advantage over them and as such, it is unfair. How cowardly.

Should we start a charity for criminals who are now jobless because people can now defend themselves?

+6 more 
link   

originally posted by: 200Plus

You're right. Just send out an address and we will be by to pick up all your stuff you are keen to give away

I'm in another country, one where we use non-lethal means of deterring intruders and where we don't fear that everyone else has a gun and wants to kill us

Why would someone want to kill you? In the US, if you are not a criminal, your chance of being killed is fairly low.

link   

originally posted by: TDawgRex
a reply to: Mianeye

Burglars are not vampires.

No, but there is a reason to burglars mostly act at night, they like to work in the cover of darkness, light is their enemy.

Wampires are fictional btw. so another lame atempt.

edit on 6-5-2014 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 09:07 AM
link   
a reply to: nighthawk1954

I would take any safe option rather that discharging a firearm in my home. That would include chasing them out the door carrying my "stuff". I've mentally taken myself through the scenario to make sure I can do what needs to be done. If someone shows me their back I'm likely not going to shoot it. I admit though, that in the dark with the unknowns and risks involved, emptying the magazine immediately is probably the lowest risk option.

I'm not going to "power trip" and judge the intruder as deserving anything, just going to make sure my family is safe. I certainly wouldn't enjoy killing or maiming anyone. That's spiritual baggage I don't want as a matter of conscience.

If it comes to targeted harassment, that's a different scenario that would involve close study of tactics and applicable laws. I have this sensitivity about being manipulated.

link   

originally posted by: NavyDoc

Why would someone want to kill you? In the US, if you are not a criminal, your chance of being killed is fairly low.

Could have fooled me with the amount of bloodlust spewing out from people in this and the other threads.

link   

originally posted by: Rodinus

If anyone even dares to try and enter my home by force then they either get my 3 dogs on them or kneecapped by my 12 bore. (but not killed... I want them to remember their lesson for the rest of their life).

This is generally ignored though by people who sensationalise what I mean and try to make out like I would sit the intruder down and offer him a cup of tea.

The difficulty is that it isn't the movies and a GSW to a "nonlethal" area can killed and most people won't be able to shoot a gun out of a hand or make the chandelier fall onto someone's head. Either deadly force is justified, in which case it does not matter where you shoot or intend to shoot, or it is not justified in which case the gun must not be presented or fired at all. Anytime the gun comes out, there is the real potential of someone getting killed so it should be only utilized when such deadly force is justified by the situation--for example a couple of criminals breaking into an old lady's house in the middle of the night.

+4 more 
posted on May, 6 2014 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Wampires are fictional btw. so another lame atempt.

Yep, a lame attempt on your part attempting to broad brush responsible gun owners as evil.

I have issues with you people who attempt to tell others how they should live. Maybe you should redirect your righteous indignation towards those who commit criminal acts instead. Heck, you may even save a life, by turning them around.

+7 more 
posted on May, 6 2014 @ 09:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: NavyDoc

Could have fooled me with the amount of bloodlust spewing out from people in this and the other threads.

And in any of those threads can you point to a single one where the comment was not directed at a criminal--rapist, thief, home invader, etc? If you are not a criminal, you have zero to fear from the law abiding armed citizen.

+10 more 
posted on May, 6 2014 @ 09:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Onslaught2996
Just goes to prove one fact..a lot of gun owners are the most cowardly people alive. Shooting unarmed individuals..is one of the most cowardly act one can do.

Also a lot of bloodthirsty gun owners have reared their head as usual..intruder breaks into home...gun owner has him/her in sights....kill..no warning or hold them till police get there..just shoot.

So tell me who are you supposed to be better than..because it sure as hell is not murderers, rapist and such..since they also consider human life to be worthless.

Odd comparison. A rapist and a murderer seeks out another citizen to victimize. A law abiding citizen simply wants to be left alone and will defend himself if threatened. The onus and responsibility for the death that may or may not come is completely on the individual who made the choice to try to victimize the citizen, not the citizen in defending him or herself. Such a comparison is illogical and a bit histrionic.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 09:14 AM
link   

No, but there is a reason to burglars mostly act at night, they like to work in the cover of darkness, light is their enemy.

Nope.

Burglars by and large prefer the light of day to the dark of night. Of more than 50 home break-ins in Lynnwood so far this year, all but one occurred during the day. Crooks play the odds, figuring homeowners are most likely at work on weekdays. Their prime time is between 10 a.m. and 3 p.m.
Daytime is Crime time

When do most break-in occur?

Usually occur in the daytime when occupants are at school or work.
July and August most the frequent months for break-ins.
February is the least frequent for home breaks.
Safeguard

The whole nighttime burglar thing is a movie gimmick not reality.

edit on 6-5-2014 by thisguyrighthere because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join