It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Family, Friends Of Dead Home Invaders Say “They Didn’t Deserve To Get Killed.”

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 12:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

originally posted by: Kryties
Here we go with the bloodlust and the salivating and the excuses for killing people again....

....only in America!

You are absolutely right!

We need to terrorize and kill more elderly people and then take their stuff!

What's the world coming to when you can't steal and rape an elderly woman without the risk of getting shot!

Who said life was threatened or there was any threat of rape? Could you point to that please? I have little to no sympathy for anyone who breaks into a house, but from the details posted this was murder, no more, no less. If you are happy with that then good luck. The person with the gun APPEARS to have made the decision to kill, not disable or use their gun to keep the kids from doing anything. That person didn't, they made the choice to kill them. Whether you like it or not, that is murder.

I know, I know, everyone wants to be John Wayne, especially when the source for this is bearingarms.com which couldn't be more forward in pushing a gun culture - nice how when people are manipulated based on their base instincts it's ok, any other way and it's the pesky government.

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: uncommitted

Unless this was pre meditated and done with malice it is not murder.These people are not like the guy who shot 2 teens. he stopped when they were not a threat anymore unlike that other person.

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: uncommitted

originally posted by: beezzer

Here we go with the bloodlust and the salivating and the excuses for killing people again....

....only in America!

You are absolutely right!

We need to terrorize and kill more elderly people and then take their stuff!

What's the world coming to when you can't steal and rape an elderly woman without the risk of getting shot!

Who said life was threatened or there was any threat of rape? Could you point to that please? I have little to no sympathy for anyone who breaks into a house, but from the details posted this was murder, no more, no less. If you are happy with that then good luck. The person with the gun APPEARS to have made the decision to kill, not disable or use their gun to keep the kids from doing anything. That person didn't, they made the choice to kill them. Whether you like it or not, that is murder.

I know, I know, everyone wants to be John Wayne, especially when the source for this is bearingarms.com which couldn't be more forward in pushing a gun culture - nice how when people are manipulated based on their base instincts it's ok, any other way and it's the pesky government.

But here's the thing. When someone breaks into your house in the middle of the night, you don't have the luxury to sit them down and give them some tea and have a chat to ascertain exactly what their intent is. You have moments to defend yourself and those with you.

Home invasions quite often end with rape and murder and, if you have to wait until they are actually raping you before you can defend yourself it is too late.

What happened was not murder, it was self defense and the only people who bear responsibility for the deaths of these criminals are the criminals themselves. If they made the choice not to be criminals that night, they would be still alive.

I get these people wished they had the opportunity to shoot their attackers before they died.
Women raped and kille din CT home invasion

and these women

and in these 11 cases

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Here we go with the bloodlust and the salivating and the excuses for killing people again.... ....only in America! - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Until you read all the horror stories about thieves who survived and then SUCCESSFULLY sued the homeowner who shot them. Sorry, but any intruder here is going out only one way...dead.

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 03:00 PM
link   

The person with the gun APPEARS to have made the decision to kill, not disable or use their gun to keep the kids from doing anything. That person didn't, they made the choice to kill them.

Honestly, who comes up with this crap?

Shoot to disable or wound? Shoot the gun out of someones hand. Warning shots?

Is this all you have?

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 03:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: macman

The person with the gun APPEARS to have made the decision to kill, not disable or use their gun to keep the kids from doing anything. That person didn't, they made the choice to kill them.

Is this all you have?

Far too many people, who don't have much experience with firearms, believe what they see on T.V.

Warning shots disappear into the night, never to hit anything. Every shot is a hit, except warning shots, of course. And the easiest thing to do is kneecap someone . . . or even better, shoot a gun out of someone's hands.

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Is this all you have?

I don't have anything, where did I say shoot the gun out of someones hand or where is it listed the perpetrators actually had a gun? You are making facts up and suggested I said them....

Is that all you have, cowboy?

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Is this all you have?

I don't have anything, where did I say shoot the gun out of someones hand or where is it listed the perpetrators actually had a gun? You are making facts up and suggested I said them....

Is that all you have, cowboy?

Shooting to disable is basically the same, within the real world, as trying to shoot the gun out of someone's hand.

It was an extension of a bad suggestion from you.

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Been reading this thread and the amount of folks who may think in a home invasion type scenario, that you have all the time in the world. In fact you have no time at all. The decision to pull the trigger is a dangerous one indeed. The decision not to pull could cost even more loss of life.

If you wake to someone in your home, you sure as hell don't sit em down and do breakfast. You stop the threat as best you can you call 911.Calling 911 and hoping & praying may be for some...it's not for me. Warning shots? Shooting the gun out of ones hand? Shooting them in the lower extremities ? Say what? The warning shot would be about where you put your hands for CPR, the next shot would be about 1" to 2" away from the first. There want be a third.

When some one breaks into your home...don't play with your life. They bought whatever it is that happens to them when they decided to break in or invade. They made the stupid choice..not you.
edit on 8-5-2014 by openyourmind1262 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 08:34 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Exactly my thoughts on this.

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Holy crap! I used to work in this area when i did construction, renovating a house less than a mile from here.

This area is seriously one of the worst areas in Sacramento. Our job site had been broken into multiple times, my co-worker had his tools stolen during the middle of the day when some dude just walked up into the house and grabbed everything from one room while he was working in the next room over!

These kids were punks, plain and simple, the tattoos and gang signs and they aren't even 18 yet? They were going to get themselves killed with their crime eventually that seems clear to me. I'm not sure how their friends can justify their actions and say they didn't deserve to die. Getting yourself killed by your own actions is not the same as getting caught and punished.

No one forced these kids to break into this home (more than once) they could have gotten a job at the Fry's store just up the road, they could have gone to school and learned how to function in this world without victimizing others.

It was ok for them to go around bullying and taking things that do not belong to them and when someone stopped them, suddenly they are the victims? Give me a break.

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Nevermind, already posted

edit on 8-5-2014 by VforVendettea because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 11:49 PM
link   
It is pure cowardice to MURDER someone without an immediate, physical threat to oneself.

Oh sure, I understand the "What do you expect me to do, ask them to sit down for tea?" response - but if the ONLY solution you can think of is to open fire on a home intruder, then you are probably not just a coward, but also psychotic.

Ever think of finding non-lethal means of dealing with intruders? I highly doubt it. Loud sounds, warnings, basic alarm systems, tasers, etc. These would result in A) the repeat intruders subdued and/or caught by police, B) home not getting intruded again, and C) NOBODY GETTING KILLED.

If your life is so damned precious, why are you so quick to assume judge/jury/executioner, and take the life of another? Because that's how cowards and psychotics think.

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 11:53 PM
link   

....only in America!

I like my odds with you...where do you live... do you have anything of value in your house?

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 11:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Son of Will
It is pure cowardice to MURDER someone without an immediate, physical threat to oneself.

Please explain "physical threat to oneself". Is that someone breaking into your house with no clue if they are armed or not, is that when the intruder has a knife at your daughter's throat, is that when the intruder has a knife 3 inches into your ribs... please explain when a person should react with deadly force.

Are you older, maybe not in good physical shape, have kids, etc... lots goes into what is a threat or not, but in EVERY one of these cases if the person(s) did not break into the house there would not have been a death.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 12:11 AM
link   
It's also more than a little disturbing how people in this thread are collectively reinforcing each other's killer instincts. I believe you have read all the horror stories in the media, and are acting out of a fear that future encounters will be similar. But that's not how reality works. That's how media works - they scrounge around for the worst of the worst. You don't hear about the 99% of other times where kids broke into an old lady's home and got caught stealing booze, sent home to their parents and heavily reprimanded. THAT is reality.

People are not horrible monsters. Even deviants and punks are basically decent people. The sort of people who require lethal force are extremely few and far between. Dealing with situations with the assumption that you're likely to encounter such an individual is beyond fear, going into dangerous paranoia. You have to use intelligence - know your neighborhood. If you live in a dangerous place, get an alarm system. These things are dirt cheap these days. If you can afford a firearm, ammo, and some rudimentary training (which is not cheap, as I'm sure many here know), then you can surely afford a ****ing functional alarm system.
edit on 5 9 2014 by Son of Will because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 12:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nucleardoom
Real simple- If break into my house you'd better accept the fact that, at best, you'll be leaving on an EMT powered stretcher. At worst, the stretcher will be coroner powered. I've even provided a warning via a sticker (in the shape of a bullet) on the front door that states "Remington - Drop Dead Better".

Nuff said

We've got a real hard ass here.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 12:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

Please explain "physical threat to oneself". Is that someone breaking into your house with no clue if they are armed or not, is that when the intruder has a knife at your daughter's throat, is that when the intruder has a knife 3 inches into your ribs... please explain when a person should react with deadly force.

Are you older, maybe not in good physical shape, have kids, etc... lots goes into what is a threat or not, but in EVERY one of these cases if the person(s) did not break into the house there would not have been a death.

Simple. If someone acts in such a way that you feel your life to be immediately threatened (this does not include hearing a noise in a dark room, nor does this include simply observing a home intruder) then defend yourself by all means. That would be, a home intruder who makes a physically aggressive gesture, OR a home intruder with a visible weapon.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Killing someone without being utterly necessary is absolute cowardice. It's extremely ironic that those most prepared to murder a non-threatening home intruder are those who brag the loudest about how badass they are. I would like to think I'm not alone in seeing that instead as a measure of how cowardly one is.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 12:28 AM
link   

It's also more than a little disturbing how people in this thread are collectively reinforcing each other's killer instincts. I believe you have read all the horror stories in the media, and are acting out of a fear that future encounters will be similar. But that's not how reality works. That's how media works - they scrounge around for the worst of the worst. You don't hear about the 99% of other times where kids broke into an old lady's home and got caught stealing booze, sent home to their parents and heavily reprimanded. THAT is reality.

People are not horrible monsters. Even deviants and punks are basically decent people. The sort of people who require lethal force are extremely few and far between. Dealing with situations with the assumption that you're likely to encounter such an individual is beyond fear, going into dangerous paranoia. You have to use intelligence - know your neighborhood. If you live in a dangerous place, get an alarm system. These things are dirt cheap these days. If you can afford a firearm, ammo, and some rudimentary training (which is not cheap, as I'm sure many here know), then you can surely afford a ****ing functional alarm system.

^^^^^Good stuff right here and your previous post, couldn't have said it better.

This society is so keen on being the hero and then playing up the fear card it's ridiculous. If you're really that afraid of a couple unarmed 15 year olds, you're probably a complete puss. These aren't 30-something guys with masks and guns looking to rape and kill your family, they are teenagers doing stupid teenager things and a simple 'What the hell are you doing' would have scared them s***less and you'd never see them again.

Buy an alarm or some pepper spray......or a goddamn dog. Other countries manage to get by alright without guns, why do we have to be such pussies?

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join