It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Family, Friends Of Dead Home Invaders Say “They Didn’t Deserve To Get Killed.”

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 09:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: macman

originally posted by: Aazadan

Don't want to get shot? Don't cut someone off in traffic.

Where do you draw the line?

Maybe be polite and don't worry about such moronic scenarios.

That reminds me of the saying,

"A armed society is a polite society."
edit on 7-5-2014 by TDawgRex because: spelling

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 10:01 AM
link   
a reply to: TDawgRex

Yep. I was going to post that, but figured my anecdote usage for today had run its course.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Two more useless wastes of skin, no harm no foul, pick a better career, don't end up shot and dead. Now to go and sterilize the useless parents, and there current offspring maybe then we will have some progress. Apples never fall far from a tree, and they always seed below, might as well just severe the roots. Society could only be so thankful.....

SaneThinking

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 10:24 AM
link   

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: NavyDoc

I know you were not looking for a conflict Doc, no need to justify yourself mate.

I understand and respect as well agree deeply with most of your points of views.

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Ewweeeee buggered up my response...

Grrrrrrrr....
edit on 7/5/14 by Rodinus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rodinus

An example over here is the simple fact that even if you point an unloaded firearm at intruders they can file a complaint and you are the one that gets arrested.

But... saying that, this would still not stop me from defending my loved ones and my home.

Kindest respects

Rodinus

Hi Rodinus,

Thanks for your perspective.
I have a question.

Instead of pointing an unloaded gun, would bludgeoning the intruder to the point of death in self defense with a bat or ax still get you arrested in France? To me, it seems crazy that a robber in your own house could file a complaint about you trying to defend yourself with unloaded gun and get the homeowner arrested.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: mclarenmp4
Maybe if your country was invaded by 30 million + foreigners hellbent on stealing your country's wealth through it's citizens entitlement programs you would change your notion of helping everyone. People who WILL NOT help themselves deserve no compassion. And if Americans weren't such helping people you would have been typing that statement in German.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: mclarenmp4
a reply to: 200Plus

And that my friend is exactly why America is NOT the greatest country in the world but low on the list of civilised countries.
You can't take care of your sick, your poor or your veterans and you are so blighted by violence that the only solution to violence is more violence. The fact that you have more people in prison per head of population than anywhere else in the world should tell you that your country is broken.
Land of the free? lol.

Have you even considered the reasons for...let's just pick one...the prison population being higher? Perhaps it's because in China or Russia prisons and treatment are so bad that it's a deterrent? Possibly there are more facilities available and funded accounting for higher numbers? Maybe the United States takes a more aggressive stance on various crimes?

Of course like your "speculation" I certainly just fired them off to illustrate that your perception is flawed.

In fact, one reason for the higher numbers is that the United States has a higher number of Pre-Trial detainees to the tune of 21.6% while the UK (I'm guessing here based on civilised and not civilized) is 12.9%. That means the US holds more people in custody before trail and therefore does inflate the numbers.

So all-in-all, bit of a skewed view which also seems to contain some anger toward the United States in general perhaps. If that country is broken then all western/commonwealth countries and just as broken. And on the inverse, countries like Syria would have much higher prison populations if they didn't harbor and defend terrorists and other no-goodniks. Countries like that are completely broken as well.

Other than that, I'd love to read about the wonders of whatever country you're from, because you can't hide from history and anything that's been done...the sick, the poor, or veterans has been done by many countries and certainly by most European countries at some point.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 03:12 PM
link   

On tonight, live from 10PM Eastern time!

Show thread with listening information

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 04:04 PM
link   
If the family/friends honestly didn't want them getting killed, they should have done something to intervene once they knew those two were engaging in risky behavior. (Didn't anyone get suspicious when those two started having money and other things they didn't seem to be working for? Or was everyone turning a blind eye because they were getting favors?)

It's just like when dealing with somebody involved in drug or alcohol abuse, or engaging in some other antisocial behavior. If you don't do anything to stop it, then you shouldn't go crying when the inevitable happens to them. It's too little too late now.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Around here in Southern Arizona, we had a kid who would break into houses of the elderly, tie them up and beat them. Well, he got his just reward one night. Now people can sleep at night without worrying about being beaten in their own homes.
When you hear about these people, someone will almost always say, "he was just starting to get his life together". WHen you hear that, then you know they were a two bit coward.

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 12:10 AM
link   
a reply to: nighthawk1954

I certainly agree burglars do not deserve to get killed for burgling a house. That would be the death penalty for theft. Justice should not be about revenge. It should be about compensating people for damaging them or their property. That cannot happen if someone is dead. However, this person was not killed for justice. He was killed because he was being stopped from stealing.

Whatever minimum level of force to stop the thief is justified, and in this case it may have been that shooting the thief was that minimum force necessary. So yeah, he didn't deserve it. But that is what happens when you try to steal sometimes as a result so too bad for the thief.

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 12:39 AM
link   

I would have shot, and not to wound, either. Anyone breaking into my home, I must consider a threat to my life and the lives of my family members. There is no way I am risking my kids for some crook that breaks in to my house. These guys chose to be criminal, and their deaths are on their own heads.

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 05:34 AM
link   
It is sad theese kids had to die, but to the people making comments about buying all kinds of anti theft devices i say this, not only to theese criminals have us afraid for our families safety but now we have to waste money on alarms? And motion sensors? What happened to not breaking into someones home? If i can get up at 4 am and work till 3 in the afternoon then they can get some sort of part time gig, you break into my house expect the worst to happen, because when i see you in my house i also expect the worst.

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 07:14 AM
link   

When kids get killed aside from the circumstances surrounding
why, I see it as a tragedy. The shooter was obviously well with in
their rights. But I doubt their high five'n each other over this.
As it seems some members here would be. Then, with out knowing
them at all or anything about their lives, you judge them? How can
you? I'm in no way saying they weren't asking for it. Of course they were.
But who's to say why, these kids were going out at night capering?
Why wasn't there someone in their lives, to steer them away from
committing felonies and risking their lives, like they were? Worse
yet, what if one of the parents sent them? Two kids are dead and
if you ask me that just sucks.

edit on Ram50814v15201400000054 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 07:25 AM
link   
I feel for the folks who had to take lives in order to protect themselves. I have been in their shoes, I also took a life in a home invasion. Fastest 40 seconds of my life, & I never want to go thru it again. Don't get me wrong, you manage to break into my home when I'm away "good for you" You break in while I'm home. "Bad for you" I will not hesitate to blow you back out the door. My life & my families lives are far more important & mean more to me than a damn truck load of "such good boys" GOOD BOYS DON"T BREAK INTO PEOPLES HOMES AND ROB THEM. Their parents hold some of the blame here.

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 07:31 AM
link   
a reply to: openyourmind1262

Their parents hold some of the blame here.

And there it is there.

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 08:08 AM
link   
I think I have a solution that will pacify both the bleeding hearts who think the burglars shouldn't have been shot and the people who want to protect their lives and those of their families.

Place signs around the property that read "Break into this home and get shot on site." Maybe post it in other languages too just in case one of those poor illegals who just came to America looking for a new life accidentally breaks into your home to kill you.

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 08:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: nfflhome
Its dark and you were asleep, you wake up to the sound
of an intruder, heart pumping, God what a tuff position to be in.
Sorry I think I would shoot to kill.

that'll be both you and Oscar Pistorius then.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join