It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For The Punx (or anyone else that enjoys punk rock)

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 03:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jennyfrenzy
a reply to: CagliostroTheGreat

Bummer, the slap was well deserved! They played in my town last year, only reason I went to Bottlerock was to see Bad Religion.

They've still got it! My old ass jumped in the pit, hip replacement and all.

Now you are totally making me feel bad for not going to see Pennywise last weekend. *head desk x3*

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 03:43 AM
link   
10 points to anyone who knows what CD these songs are from

And my own personal theme song

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 04:21 AM
link   
a reply to: calstorm

Nope. No idea. Give me a clue, lol!
How about 50 points for bringing Iggy to the party instead?

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 11:18 AM
link   

10 points to anyone who knows what CD these songs are from

Mailorder Is Fun! ?
www.7digital.com...

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: theMediator

F!K Yeah!

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: GAOTU789

I grew up in the 80s and 90s so I got to hear a lot of really cool punk bands. There were lots of bands in my city that were in the whole scene, so it made it even more fun. I'm a metalhead by heart but punk was a huge influence on my life. All of the bands I posted were the ones I grew up with. They all made life interesting for me.

Most of all... I LOVE and miss those people I hung around durring the punk screnes.. They were by far the best people I ever knew. They didn't judge you. They judged those that wanted to subdue you.

I love that generation.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 05:35 PM
link   

The song by 17 Years is rockin! I have never heard of them. Thanks!

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 08:55 PM
link   
a reply to: StallionDuck

Exactly, there was solidarity! The punks stuck together man! If someone wanted to f#$k with you, you knew you had friends to back you up.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 08:57 PM
link   
a reply to: ColeYounger

I though it was pretty cool too. I never heard of them either, glad I did.

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 12:22 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex
10 points to you. I loved that CD.

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 03:43 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 09:41 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 12:12 PM
link   
I was born in the mid 90's so I didn't grow up with the entire punk scene but I did get some of it. I like to think that early Blink 182 (Dude ranch and back) was by definition "punk" also I didn't see a lot of Social Distortion.
edit on 8-6-2014 by 12MajesticLies because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Back in '77 I remember watching this performance on Top Of The Pops and was fascinated.
I was in my last year of Primary School and it was the start of a lifelong liking and involvement in all things Punk.

Within a relatively short period of time my older brother and I acquired The Bollocks album, The Clash's first LP and of course Damned, Damned, Damned

Over the next couple of years or so we somehow managed to obtain numerous records, many of which are still regular players on my turntable.
There's far, far too many to list here but I think SLF deserve particular mention - a band that have stood the test of time and have survived with their integrity in tact despite the particularly vile nature of the music industry.

I have also been fortunate to see literally hundreds of Punk bands live, some well known some quite obscure - and I've loved every mnute of it.

I listen to music of all type's and genre's but Punk has stayed with me throughout and I think I still have the Punk ethos, attitude and outlook today despite my obvious advancing years.

Finally, for the time being - a big shout out to a true legend of Punk - Charlie Harper who recently celebrated his 70th birthday by headlining at North West Calling in Manchester.
Charlie is a man who remains the epitome of Punk and all its values and is truly a very, very nice man who always has time for people - and he's frigging good at what he does.

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 04:55 PM
link   
To this day Joe Strummer is one of only two people who I consider personal heroes.
Of course there's lots of people I admire and respect - but a hero has to something different, and Joe was that - a true genius who despite his many faults tried to remain true to his values.

Musically the biggest regrets I have is not being able to see The Sex Pistols live first time round, I got to see them on The Filthy Lucre Tour in 1997 and never seeing The Clash. I saw Mick Jones live with Big Audio Dynamite, (and got back stage, for a while but that's a whole different story and perhaps best not related on ATS), and saw Joe a couple of times with The Mescaleros and once with The Pogues.

Not many people know that Mick and Joe played together one last time shortly before Joe died and 20 years after they had last played together.
It was a fundraiser at Acton Town Hall for striking firemen.

As any serious Clash fan will understand, the first time I watched this is etched in my memory, truly a 'hairs standing on end' moment.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 09:39 AM
link   
I know I'm in danger of hijacking this thread....but here's some really good mates of mine;

www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join