It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For The Punx (or anyone else that enjoys punk rock)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Here's a punk song that I composed and played!

soundcloud.com...

Think of the ones that have died
That don't belong to the other side
They could been saved can't you see
but most solutions are not for free

The final cure is what that they hide
They want to take us for a ride
Healthy is how we would be
That doesn't sound like big money

It's always the same melody
How cruel is our reality
Hello There must be somebody
That wants to make a stand

What are you waiting for
You know we should get more
Of the world in which we live in
And the share that has been given

Think of the gas that we burn
Isn't there nothing we learn
There's many ways we can change
It's not too late to rearrange

We're never sure what that they hide
They act like they never lied
A working slave for buying more
That's when your not killed at war

It's always the same melody
How cruel is our reality
Hello There must be somebody
That wants to make a stand

What are you waiting for
You know we should get more
Of the world in which we live in
And the share that has been given

I hope you guys dig it!

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 07:03 PM
link   
a reply to: theMediator

Nice dude!

Thanks for sharing that with us!

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 07:46 PM
link   
This one's my favorite of all time.

Sex Pistols: Anarchy in the UK. I haven't looked through the thread to see if someone's already posted it. I used to have a Ramones compilation tape, but for me the Sex Pistols seemed to me to be more authentically punk rock. Maybe it's the way they dressed and spewed venom. Lol. I heard this song on the album, The Great Rock 'n' Roll Swindle. The album is very funny. I used to hear that tape (the Swindle tape) over and over. My neighbors probably got pissed off at me. I think that at the time, I was one of the few people in high school that would dress like a punker.
Here's the song:

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 08:33 PM
link   
a reply to: brazenalderpadrescorpio

I think Rodinus was the first to bring up the pistols in this thread but I don't think it was anarchy in the UK. Bullocks was a great album though. I think my favorite song from the album was "liar".
edit on Cpm8Tuesday3420140331Tue, 06 May 2014 20:34:03 -05002014 by CagliostroTheGreat because: cannot abide typos

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 10:46 PM
link   
a reply to: CagliostroTheGreat

I probably wasn't a very good punk because I only had a few punk albums. I never had Never Mind the Bollocks. I just the Great Rock 'n' Roll Swindle. Apparently that song was on more than one album. I was actually more into Industrial (which was influenced by punk rock). Around the same time, I went through a punk phase. It sounds sequential, but this was all happening more or less concurrently.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Punk rock isn't the only genre I listen to by a long shot. I love industrial by the the way, ohgr, skinny puppy, NIN, all good stuff. I also love metal of almost all genres. And a lot of other electronica including dubstep. Also listen to classic rock and the like right on through to reggae, jazz and baroque.

But when I discovered punk I was smitten. It was the first time I felt like the music identified with me not just me identifyng with the music. It had such raw attitude. It stood for something other than just partying and getting wasted there was a message. There was a movement. The style. It was me, and I knew it. That's why I love punk.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 11:24 PM
link   
I wanted to go see Pennywise is Calgary last weekend. However, the more I thought about it and looked at videos of their recent concerts, I realized I am getting to old for that.
It made me wonder how many of their fans from a couple of decades ago still go to their shows. I still listen to their music though even though I am more of a metal fan now.

Punk Bands I currently have on my MP3 player
Pennywise
Bad Religion
Anti-Flag
Lagwagon
Strung Out
Millencolin (omg, I spelled it right the first time, a total first for me)
Klamydia
Propaghandi

Now that I think about it, way more than I thought.
edit on 6-5-2014 by calstorm because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 11:28 PM
link   
a reply to: calstorm

Duuude!

I totally effin forgot about Propaghandi!!!

Holy crap, I like Propaghangi a lot.

Eta: oh yeah, I also would probably never get in the pit at a show, if you could even convince me to put aside my antisocial tendencies and go to such a large gathering of people. I'm too old, fat and soft for that s#!t anymore.

*sigh*
edit on Cpm11Tuesday3320140831Tue, 06 May 2014 23:33:08 -05002014 by CagliostroTheGreat because: eta

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Just for you

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 11:39 PM
link   
a reply to: calstorm

Dude, your freaking me out. I literally just listened to this.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Lots and lots of great songs in here and a few I hadn't even heard of. And that doesn't happen often. I've been blessed in that I have got see or play with almost all of my favourite bands over the years. I sang in a punk outfit back in the early 90's. Lots of fun.

The Dropkick Murphy's are playing very near here soon and that will be one more off my list. And calstrom, you are never too old to go see live music. Just means you don't spend time in the pit anymore is all.

I'll just post a couple from bands I haven't seen posted yet. Many of these are skate punk.

Ahhh Brodie....

And an old school one...

edit on 7-5-2014 by GAOTU789 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 12:25 AM
link   
a reply to: GAOTU789

Niiice!

Besides old-school and punk-ska, skate punk is probably my favorite subgenre! Thanks for Sharing dude!

Oi!

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Saw them last summer

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 12:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Jennyfrenzy

You are quite lucky! I'm jealous. My bro went to warped tour a while back and Bad Religion was playing, he completely ignored them to go see some half-assed screamo band... I slapped him. Hard.
edit on Cam12Wednesday5020145131Wed, 07 May 2014 00:50:51 -05002014 by CagliostroTheGreat because: stupid autocorrect

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Bummer, the slap was well deserved! They played in my town last year, only reason I went to Bottlerock was to see Bad Religion.

They've still got it! My old ass jumped in the pit, hip replacement and all.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 12:55 AM
link   

No worries mate. Sharing music is what the internet was made for isn't it.

I likes me a lot of Celtic punk as well...

A punk cover of a classic.

And what's a Celtic Punk list without the Murphy's and since it's my last one for the night, I'll go out in style too...

edit on 7-5-2014 by GAOTU789 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 12:56 AM
link   

I really liked punk rock as well. I was just enamored by the attitude that they had. They were just like, "We're gonna do whatever we want, and we don't give a [bleep] whether you like it or not!" Sid Vicious was an absolute animal. He didn't know how to play the bass, but nobody cared because he was such a symbol. Of course that's not to say that knowing how to play is not important. People might think that I don't like the Ramones, but I like the Ramones as well. They were like the New York version of all that was going on in the UK. I also like the more modern stuff like the Offspring as well. I like proto-punk, I like post-punk...I like all of it. One of my favorite proto-punk bands is The Velvet Underground. Another proto-punk band that I like is Can. I like their song, Mushroom. Can is a more obscure band that not a lot of people know about. Here's the song:

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Never heard of em but digging it nonetheless. Punk will never die!

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 01:32 AM
link   

When I first heard that song, I was struck by the chaotic beauty of it. Like Discordianism! Lol. I'm glad you liked it.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 03:17 AM
link   
a reply to: GAOTU789

I was totally singing along to Ten Foot Pole and Diesel Boy, haven't heard those songs for years but remembered all the words.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join