It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My first experience in float tank/sensory deprivation pod

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 02:43 PM
link   
First I would like to say that you Americans are very lucky, because you have access to all this marvelous things like sensory deprivation tanks, remote viewing courses and many more.
In my country that things are virtually unknown and they are shunned upon.

I must do the "cheaper way", that means doing astral projection or lucid dreaming.

To the writer of this thread, I would say that you went to Astral and accessed some memory which you probably didn't recall so vividly in your late life, but in astral, they are like first time you experienced it many years ago.

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: svartalfar

Might I ask why something like this would be shunned?

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 04:51 PM
link   
a reply to: w810i

My country is very small and pretty close minded. People are manipulated and their view of politics / war have not changed since WW2, church (religion) is pretty strong, especially in old people, who are most of our population.
This "new ideas" drew instant "that is satans doing!" responses.
Conspiracy theory and occult scene is scarce / almost none.
I think you get the picture.

It may seem like everything is bad but it is not, just these things which are we currently talking about.
edit on 8 5 14 by svartalfar because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 06:56 PM
link   
a reply to: svartalfar

Ok I understand, You can travel to other countries in Europe though right?

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Travelling is not easy as you think. Very very expensive, I go to college and I cannot simply go to other country just because of that. First of all, I do not live on my own, and I cannot abandon school nor parents for that reason.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 03:22 AM
link   
Come one, come all, and experience the pleasure of floating without ever touching water!

The flotation/deprivation tanks work by depriving your senses and allowing your brain to create their own signals, known simply as sensory deprivation. Certain techniques have been used for ages (adepts of Pythagoras entering dark caves, tribal drums and trance dancing, etc.). The way these work are when we experience a constant stimuli, our brains tune it out after a while.

You can experience the exact same thing as the flotation tanks at home, for almost no money, following the Ganzfield Procedure.

My personal favorite way:
Wear a sleeping mask/cover up eyes
Use a frequency noise generator - free online Google it
Lay in a comfortable bed

The only difference between this method and the flotation tank is the actual suspension part. Normally this allows you to have full bodied feelings (like OP saying he felt the floor and walls materialize). With the Ganzfield Procedure listed, you'll still feel your body somewhat (mostly your torso from breathing) but even that can be overcome with good breathing techniques and deep enough trance/meditation.

Check it out! Apart from some decent headphones and a washcloth, costs you nothing (except a bit more time)!

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 04:11 PM
link   
I loved Isolation Tanks aka Float Tanks

Enhances your Sensory's

as long as you don't Transform to your Ancestors ! from a mind trip
Imagine using D.M.T. in a Float Tank

love these clips

Altered States - The Monologue

OP

There are Others that did the Same as you Listing to Joe Rogan Pod Cast Experience of a Isolation Tank

My Experience In The Sensory Deprivation Float Tank
by Jonathon Twiz • July 13, 2013
www.jonathontwiz.com...

TABULA RASA by J.Twiz

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 05:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wolfenz

Enhances your Sensory's

love these clips

OP

There are Others that did the Same as you Listing to Joe Rogan Pod Cast Experience of a Isolation Tank

www.jonathontwiz.com...

TABULA RASA by J.Twiz

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 02:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: w810i

(quote]originally posted by: [post=17903061]Wolfenz[/post)

Enhances your Sensory's

love these clips

OP

www.jonathontwiz.com...

what u may see

When I do my next float here in a few weeks I'm thinking about using nuerotropics before the float and see if that enhances the experience.

Well it Would be interersting .

You may never know what lies within yourself unless you do a little experimenting to find your true Self

and ( Why Not ) Especially of thing that were put on this earth in the First place..

Some Think D.M.T. is a Bad Thing, Us Humans Produce it Naturally of Course Small Amounts.

Or Eat Some Organic Apples with Natural Peanut Butter before you go in No really Try it
or Just plain 100% Apple Juice it Works for Some some think it a placebo effect
I recommend you trying it out before you go in the tank . try before you go to bed and tell the tale of what vivid dreams you may come up with LOL ..

Research the benefits of Peanut butter and Apples

Depraving your self from some of your sensory or forcing yourself Fasting and No sleep for days is another way but i would NOT Recommend it. it what Native Americans call a Vision Quest a Natural Hallucination Quest from Depriving Your Self of you Every Day Elements of Life Eating Drinking, No Sleeping ( Been there done that. )

Been in Isolation Tank too when i was a child in the early 80s
edit on 11-5-2014 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 08:18 PM
link   
unfortunately it would not be anything as exciting as '___' though

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 08:30 PM
link   
a reply to: wtbengineer

That's where I first saw it too, very underrated movie BTW. I've heard Rogan talk about it too. I would like to try, but I think I'd be afraid. When I was younger I experimented with Hallucinogenics and the couple of times I did '___' I had very bad trips, I would just end up stressing out and worrying. I'd be afraid in a sensory deprivation tank that my nature, which is apparently a general state of worry would get the best of me and I'd have a terrible experience with no way to escape. That fear is probably what would cause it to happen as well.

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 10:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: w810i

originally posted by: otisdriftwood
i have floated numerous times. my most intense experience goes like this:

my 2nd time in the sensory deprivation tank something extra ordinary happened to me.i was particularly anxious this day, for no apparent reason. keep in mind that inside the tank it is totally lightless, so when you open and close your eyelids you don't notice a difference after a while.

after awhile in the tank the blackness infront of my eyes began to brighten, almost as if i was looking into the night sky in an open field somewhere where it was black all around and you could see every little star. i began to feel excited. then i noticed something creeping into my field of vision.

i could make out the silhouette of something with a head, but it was just a featureless black being which automatically drove fear into my mind. i began to feel a sensation like my body was spinning clock wise and upwards, only my arms and legs were not hitting the sides of the tank. i realized i must of been astral projecting an thought "holy #. it's happening." i rose out of my body and resisted this, i became very scared because of the being hovering over me. suddenly i came back down and noticed myself in the tank. this was my first out of body experience.

That is very interesting and somewhat creepy!

ya man, it was definitely scary. haha

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 01:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Nowyouseeme

I can relate. I did some time with the hallucinogens as well... back in the 70's. I had a bad trip that basically changed my life from that point on when I was 18 years old. I've talked to other people who have said that they had bad trips but for the most part they only had mildly unenjoyable trips as far as I am concerned. I've only known one other person that had as bad a trip as me. It changed me on a fundamental level... it was as if the world was inverted. I suddenly saw a reality that I had no idea existed until that point. It was like a photographic negative of the world I grew up in. It was the worst thing that ever happened to me and the best at the same time... because I have spent the rest of my life trying to better myself. But I haven't felt since then... I am dead inside. I am getting less and less afraid of trying different things now though. After all, I am getting so much closer to the end of my life I think wth, if the worst thing that happens is it kills me then oh well... there are much worse things than death.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join