It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ideas on other-dimensional communications (like ghost-hunting equipment)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Together, I am sure we could develop a few ghost hunting or communication devices between us. With a little of our inginuity and a few good ideas we could have real-deal communications with those we cannot see.

Based on the Ghost hunting series, which may or may not be true to life, I feel that we need a 'Yes/No' kind of device which can simply be used by the entities to indicate posative and negative responses. In the Ghost Hunting series they use a maglite-kind of torch which the entities use to turn the light on or off but it is not really definitive as a Yes/No answer I feel.

This Yes/No response is a base line for communication and we can work up from there once we know that basic funcionality is working.

So, we need LOTS of ideas which we can modify and round out and then a few smart guys who can make the stuff - probably in electronics. There is no need for it to be complicated or expensive at first. The simpler the better really as long as it gets the job done.

I think, in the interests of the common good, we need to have the ideas in the public domain and then anyone with the skills can create them for their own or our amusement/use

Personally, I am convinced of the existence of ghosties or at least a manipulated source of energy, so I think it should be possible to get this energy to manifest a difinitive response.

Thoughts or comments please?

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 11:11 PM
link   
a reply to: qmantoo

So you want to invent what? A communication device to manipulate energy sources on the basis of on/off, 0/1? "Those we cannot see"? Like someone far away?
Sorry but that kind of already exists.

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Yes, the idea of the post is to get ideas for a difinative yes/no from an energy source.

The point here is that it would be a definitave on/off like the torch is moving towards - as I explained. However, I feel we need something which is not just electrical but has some mechanical parts to it too, so that it cannot be influenced by other electrics like high EMF or a pulse of energy from a 'fridge turning on. Something which needs a definite skill by the entity to manipulate would show some kind of conscious action if it could not be manipulated by random electrics in the local environment.

When you say this already exists, then tell me what kind of device you are referring to please.

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 11:36 PM
link   

If the "Other side" exists then it would figure that the least amount of energy for them to manipulate would be the most desirable outcome.IE. something that has a switch at an atomic level, with regards to a binary system. So for my idea it would be a simple random number generator, with odd numbers as "no" and even for "yes" depending on the users preference.

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Computer

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 12:15 AM
link   
a reply to: anonentity

I believe there are psychic tests out there which show a random white noise picture and the idea is to ideally change this to become some picture, so manipulating the randomness of the pixels of the image. The trouble is that there is not really a 'random' number generator in most computers as they are pseudo-random. As far as I know, it would need some kind of natural (maybe radioactive) source to get a truly random number. However, the one in the computer would probably do for ths kind of thing.

An atomic-level one/zero might be difficult to create in a device, but easy to manipulate. It may also be manipulated by some unknown but perfectly logical un-ghostly energies (again, such as a radioactive source perhaps?) Anything like this would need a detector to detect when it changed too.

Ninpe - so do you have anything to add to the thread? An idea perhaps?

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 01:33 AM
link   
So, you want a true randomizer, and anything detected which would be a deviance from randomness would be a "sure" sign of intelligent interference?

Hmm.

If ghosts exist and If ghosts get to interfere with the physical world (even single photons, electrons and such small objects), that might work.

We should take a look at the possible powerlevels of ghostly entities:

Level 0/0: no interference with physical objects possible, no mental interference with living minds possible = all we can deduct from this is that there are no ghosts.
Level 0/1: no physical, but mental contact possible = proof only possible by getting impossible-to-know informations from ghosts. No machinery needed, as we currently have no devices able to distinguish between the normal thoughtprocesses of the examined person and ghostly influences.
Level 1/0: physical objects can be influenced = devices could be built. Proof still difficult, but possible. No possible mental connections to living persons.
Level 1/1: both mental and physical influences are possible. Proof of the existance of ghosts should be no problem.

You are looking for devices for powerlevel 1/0 - it should be possible. If none entities are detected, where is the failure?
No ghosts at that place present?
No ghosts at all are possible?
Device not usable by ghosts?
... Man, that leaves a lot of space for snake-oil-sellers...

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 03:20 AM
link   
You are a bit late as Ghost Adventures has been using equipment that produces voices and whole sentences electronicly or realime that they claim is ghost voices, not to be misstaken with EVP's. The Maglite is old news.

My opinion on these are split in true vs hoax but here is a 24/7 "live" stream and you can judge for your self.

GHOST ADVENTURES
edit on 6-5-2014 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 03:21 AM
link   
a reply to: ManFromEurope

The trouble is that we cannot tell if there are mental connections to living persons or not. Where did you find this classification system? Are there such ghosts who can affect material things but not affect humans? I doubt it.

The other feeling I have is that IF we humans have auras or energy fields then maybe information can be stored or retrieved from our energy fields, or maybe we can influence things without really knowing it when we are in a heightened state. A medium or someone affected and picking up communications from entities may possibly be getting the information from the person's energy field and NOT the entity. We need to be able to rule out this kind of evidence and focus on external entities.

Practically, what kind of devices would work in these ghost hunting situations? I dont really want academic theorising but more practical ideas for applications.

This is the paranormal forum so I assume that the stories on here are true-ish. If any are true, then we should be looking for explanations and some kind of communication with the entities is surely a good place to start looking. A Yes/No communication is the most basic of all communication systems.

What kind of mechanical switch would be effective for a device? Is anyone interested in making something which may work?

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 03:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Mianeye

You are a bit late as Ghost Adventures has been using equipment that produces voices and whole sentences electronicly or realime that they claim is ghost voices, not to be misstaken with EVP's. The Maglite is old news.
What Yes/No devices do they use then which require some mechanical manipulation? The maglite torches need either a push button to be pressed or the lens cover to be turned etc. This is the kind of device I think should be developed for more definite proof of influence.

Just because there is already a solution does not mean that there is not a better solution out there. The Spirit Box appears to work but it makes a lot of noise with its white noise. It is still a purely electrical system and as such is able to be influenced by surrounding energies in an electrical interference kind-of-way. I am looking for something which is more difficult to electronically influence too. I am hoping we can come up with some ideas for On/Off kind of devices which are not so subject to the close proximity of walkie-talkies, and other EMF fields.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 03:45 AM
link   
If you can actually have the ghost speaking to you why use a yes/no device.

But the use of suroundings in the room like doors, curtains or furnitures and props like balls or other balancing objects is used for non electronic yes/no respons.

If ghost can manipulate things it should maybe be a balancing device that can be pushed by little force to the left or right taking in to acount wind or draft.

Oh BTW, they allready made a more silent version of the Spirit box using it in newer episodes.

edit on 6-5-2014 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Mianeye -

If you can actually have the ghost speaking to you why use a yes/no device.

Firstly... because not everyone will have a Spirit Box or can afford one and secondly a cheap, simple, yes/no device may possibly be better than for example, a ouija board. Plus, as I pointed out, there is a weakness with purely electronic devices which mean that they are influenced by other electronic fields. We have so many electronic gagets in our homes these days that it is easy for the un-trained to think there is an entity when it may be just caused by natural electrical fields from electronic devices.

It is not just people who are interested in investigating the paranormal (as in hunting for ghosts) who could benefit from such a device, but also folks who have an entity in their house who just want to find out who/why/where/what it is. There are thousands of people like that around the world and most of them do not know what to do.

The Spirit Box will generate a series of words which may or may not be the ghost communicating what it wants to say. You are relying on the vocabulary in the box and on the programming to produce individual words and then you have to interpret what those words mean. Communication is hard enough with our own language but when you only have a limited vocabulary and method of delivery, then it becomes more hit-and-miss and open to misinterpretation and misunderstanding.

But the use of suroundings in the room like doors, curtains or furnitures and props like balls or other balancing objects is used for non electronic yes/no respons.

Using doors, curtains, etc is fine except it is the ghost doing the controlling of the communications rather than the investigators who are investigating and trying to get to the bottom of the reason why the entity is there. Thats why scientists have a specific protocol when they do their experiments - so they can have some structure and so hopefully at the end of the experiment, they have something which answers the questions the posed before the experiment began.

If ghost can manipulate things it should maybe be a balancing device that can be pushed by little force to the left or right taking in to acount wind or draft.

A balancing device? Anything balanced and open to unbalancing by the ghost will also be open to wind and environmental influences - unless it is in an enclosure of some kind. Then you have to devise a way to show those on the outside of the enclosure what is going on inside and when it is in pitch dark, that might be a problem. You cannot just have a clear plastic window to show the balanced item inside because no-one will see it.

Oh BTW, they allready made a more silent version of the Spirit box using it in newer episodes.

The series 9 of Ghost adventures has a SB on it they use and it pretty much drowns out all talking while it is working. I would say that the white noise is pretty loud if it almost drowns out the humans talking over it.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 11:41 PM
link   
I was hoping to get inventors and ideas-people contributing to this thread, so where are you all?

In this forum where we are all interested in the paranormal, I would have expected folks to be thinking of ways to communicate and to search for signs of activity. Maybe a couple of peple who are interested in making devices etc into electronics and DIY...?

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 05:06 PM
link   
i've got two 'ghost boxes' one of them is the P-SB7 that Ghost Adventures use and its awful, i rarely use that one. but i always get communication when ever i do an evp. i have no idea how to make one and i would love a ghost box that is a little more quiet on the white noise, people do make them but theres no way i'l pay hundreds for one. i wish someone would invent something easier, i would have thought the ouija board would have been the easiest but i've never got one to work.

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 09:16 PM
link   
a reply to: slippeddisc

The problem with anything commercial is that unless you can make it or something similar yourself, it is going to be expensive. This is because there are costs involved which us folks who buy the things do not take into account. I worked for an inventor once and he always said that you had to multiply the cost of making the thing by 5 to get the retail price - and I can see why.
100% retail price made up of
20% profit
20% agents/shop fee/commission
20% advertising and marketing
20% cost to manafacture
20% research and development

OK, so as time goes on, the cost may come down as the sales increase and you get economies of scale with parts etc. Not saying that these folk who make the ghost box do things this way, but it makes sense to me.

edit on 8 May 2014 by qmantoo because: typos

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 09:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: slippeddisc
i've got two 'ghost boxes' one of them is the P-SB7 that Ghost Adventures use and its awful, i rarely use that one. but i always get communication when ever i do an evp. i have no idea how to make one and i would love a ghost box that is a little more quiet on the white noise, people do make them but theres no way i'l pay hundreds for one. i wish someone would invent something easier, i would have thought the ouija board would have been the easiest but i've never got one to work.

The thought occurred to me that. If we have a soul astral body etc. When its attached to a human body the interaction between the two is basically electrical. The body has all the definitions of being a machine, which means it 'elevates effort'. Which might mean that without a body you can only use an inherent electrical source to elevate a souls effort. The whole point in actually dying is so that you can no longer influence events on earth. So more up to date entities have a go in this physical state. If this is so then all interaction with the corporeal must be accompanied with some sort of cap on any information exchanged, or it will upset the prime directive of actually being deceased, which I guess is not to effect the living.
I think we are dealing with something big, and to our minds which have to maintain the corporeal state, ie. maintaining blood pressure eating heat levels etc for the amount of time that we have a body to maintain, it must take most of our effort and leave very little left for other considerations. Or even imagining other non worldly environments. All we seem to get from the other side, seem to be words of comfort and not practical drawings etc. of how to build a flying disk.
"The other side" seem to be able to contact the living with regards to EVP and telephones, so I wonder if the way they do it is purely through manipulation of the Electron, which seems to be an inter dimensional thing as it is. Like the latent ability of an astral body to actually move a physical body, is being used by the "other side" to just manipulate the electrons to form magnetic waves, the result of which means information being transferred.
I suppose what im trying to say is is there some sort of law in effect, on the "other side" which stops the flow of usefull knowledge or is it enough to know that their is another side, and that's all we need to know,?

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 03:55 AM
link   
Why should there be a law/rule which says that they should not communicate knowledge to us? In fact, there are plenty of ways to get this information and to communicate but most of them are subjective. If we are to ever get more information about the other dimensions, then we have to bring the communication into the scientific arena so that it can be studied in an objective way. Currently as far as I know there is no way to repeat a contact experiment. You cannot make an appointment to speak with someone or ask them to show up at a particular time or place. Repeatability is the key which science seems to require and things like ghosties are very hit and miss.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 08:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: qmantoo
Why should there be a law/rule which says that they should not communicate knowledge to us? In fact, there are plenty of ways to get this information and to communicate but most of them are subjective. If we are to ever get more information about the other dimensions, then we have to bring the communication into the scientific arena so that it can be studied in an objective way. Currently as far as I know there is no way to repeat a contact experiment. You cannot make an appointment to speak with someone or ask them to show up at a particular time or place. Repeatability is the key which science seems to require and things like ghosties are very hit and miss.

Why should their be laws? well every communication that I have heard of, goes so far and no further. All the telephone communications seem to have limited information. Just enough to say the caller is ok, or the fact that the caller is confused and doesn't know what is happening. Or just enough information to prove the caller exists. The callers seem to be able to manipulate electromagnetic waves, to make contact with us, but we don't need to do the same thing to make contact with them as they seem to be aware of what we are doing. With some EVP recordings other voices seem to be casually chatting with the callers in the background. To say that random words taken from scanning radio waves would form complete and coherent sentences from the same person time and again doesn't compute.What would be the point of contact when soon enough, we will be in the same place as them and be able to converse without electrical paraphernalia.
The paradigm I'm developing, is we find ourselves in a sea of consciousness, the only way to make sense of it, is to have a limited view of it, only as much as we can understand or we get information overload,, or to question what we don't. To do this we have to have a sense of self that develops from this sea of consciousness. Once the self understands the reality it finds itself in, and understands that to do this it has to create a necessary illusion, created on coherent thought and logic, this is all the reality needed to actually " be".
So we find ourselves being confronted by an ageing body with a use by date and start to worry, that we might loose the only thing we ever really had, and that sense of self might be taken from us. So we question what we don't understand and look beyond the bleak future, but we can never seem to get a definitive answer. All we seem to get are intriguing clues. Proof along with truth is essentially subjective and composed of probabilities, the proof of survival seems to be a high probability, if you can get what should be random noises form coherent sentences from magnetic waves, that more than one person can understand, sometimes including intimate detail, the probability is high but by no means certain. Because the illusion is on-going we might be creating the proof, and telling ourselves what we want most to hear.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 07:24 PM
link   
anonentity -

Because the illusion is on-going we might be creating the proof, and telling ourselves what we want most to hear.
Using no paragraphs is really difficult to read and most people probably wont bother - so you may want to change that in the future perhaps?

However, if, as I suspect, that many messages from the spirit world through mediums are not from other entities, we dont have any real proof anyway. I suspect that many mediums use a combination of energy field reading and good non-verbal communication signs from the client.

I have been to many mediums in the past and many of those I believed were good readings, but I believe there is not much that can be told to us which cannot be picked up from the energy fields around us. Basically, we have to develop the ability to tap into these other dimensions ourselves without relying on others to do it for us.

Once we are able to do that we will become a lot wiser and understand more of how the universe is put together. People who claim they can contact entities from other realities should refuse to do it for others but should encourage these others to be able to do it for themselves. That way, there would be no chance of manipulation or hoaxing because we would all just know for ourselves. History is rife with sooth sayers and mediums from the Romans to Hitler to modern-day royalty all consulting them. I wonder what decisions have been made on the say-so of an energy reading.

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 07:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: qmantoo
anonentity -

Because the illusion is on-going we might be creating the proof, and telling ourselves what we want most to hear.
Using no paragraphs is really difficult to read and most people probably wont bother - so you may want to change that in the future perhaps?

However, if, as I suspect, that many messages from the spirit world through mediums are not from other entities, we dont have any real proof anyway. I suspect that many mediums use a combination of energy field reading and good non-verbal communication signs from the client.

I have been to many mediums in the past and many of those I believed were good readings, but I believe there is not much that can be told to us which cannot be picked up from the energy fields around us. Basically, we have to develop the ability to tap into these other dimensions ourselves without relying on others to do it for us.

Once we are able to do that we will become a lot wiser and understand more of how the universe is put together. People who claim they can contact entities from other realities should refuse to do it for others but should encourage these others to be able to do it for themselves. That way, there would be no chance of manipulation or hoaxing because we would all just know for ourselves. History is rife with sooth sayers and mediums from the Romans to Hitler to modern-day royalty all consulting them. I wonder what decisions have been made on the say-so of an energy reading.

Sorry about the paragraphs.
Many better minds than mine over the centuries have tried to find an answer to the mystery, of existence .If creation itself is some type of information hologram, then their might be many so many different answers to try and fathom them in words could be impossible.
It might very well be that in an information hologram, matter, space, and time, all add up to such a personal experience convincing someone else is pointless. The mass of the whole of the internet in electrons is about a quarter of an ounce. But in information terms it just about holds all of our knowledge.
Each individual during their lifetime by memory alone, might very well be making a copy of the program as observed with people environments etc. Not just visual observations but full sensory, information that we call observed reality. We are essentially memory machines. Which at known and subconscious levels hold the sum total of our existence, this alone must occur for some reason.

new topics

top topics

join