It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SPD Recruiting Video

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Washington Post: www.washingtonpost.com...

I was born in Stillwater and spent the greater part of my life there, HS, College at OSU. The SPD is insane. They modeled their Department after the LAPD. Some of you may laugh, but they are scary. A "Safety Corridor" lies over most of the city. Any crimes committed in these zones have NO TOLERANCE. Exactly what that means?...I do not want to find out. Payne County, Oklahoma claims one of the highest DWI/DUI arrest rates in the nation. Stillwater is the County Seat. Many residents support their tactical measures to ensure safety; However, most of the college students do not. Alltogether, the SPD, OSUPD, and Payne County Sheriffs Deptartment are massive for a town with a population of approximately 50K when the college is in fall/spring session. When out of session, the town is closer to
30K. That is a whole sh*t ton of firepower and enforcement for a small town in Oklahoma. The State of Oklahoma is proud of the Stillwater PD model.

I encourage anyone who is interested to search these billy bada$$es on-line and see for yourself, and BTW, do not get pulled over in this town, they are power drunk.

osupd.okstate.edu...
stillwater.org...
www.ok.gov...

Between the 3, there were 6,272 adult arrests in 2011, these are the adults only!

edit on 5-5-2014 by Boscov because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Doesn't surprise me at all, I like you, was born and raised in OK......my sister and best friend graduated from OSU.........The Stillwater police were notorious twenty five years ago when they were students at OSU......I see nothing has changed.

new topics

join