It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China plans for North Korean regime collapse leaked

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 07:23 PM
link   
China plans for North Korean Regime collapse

China has drawn up detailed contingency plans for the collapse of the North Korean government, suggesting that Beijing has little faith in the longevity of Kim Jong-un’s regime.
Documents drawn up by planners from China’s People’s Liberation Army that were leaked to Japanese media include proposals for detaining key North Korean leaders and the creation of refugee camps on the Chinese side of the frontier in the event of an outbreak of civil unrest in the secretive state.

My first thought, Of course they have plans for it.

My 2nd thought, Was this leaked to maybe spank Kim a bit?

Show him that they are prepared and ready for a world with out his dictatorship?

Of course they have to cover all bases with the leak and it includes,

Any senior North Korean military or political leaders who could be the target of either rival factions or another “military power,” thought to be a reference to the United States, should be given protection, the documents state.

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 07:27 PM
link   
a reply to: benrl

interesting. I agree with both of your thoughts and would expand that when China does not think they are being revered this is a tactic they would use. Like when they leak photos of their latest tech. S+F

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Just like us I am sure they have plans for all contingencies...

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 07:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: 727Sky
Just like us I am sure they have plans for all contingencies...

And just like US, I am sure they leak information when it suits their purpose.

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Although I consider myself somewhat keen in regards to news about North Korea, I'm quite conflicted on how to interpret this. Firstly, I find it odd that such news was 'leaked' from the Chinese government or military as they are usually quite adept at keeping such internal information buttoned up, so that leads me to hold a critical eye to the source of the leak. Secondly, as stated by those who posted before me this can be just one of who-knows-how-many contingency plans China's armed forces draws up, and might no way reflect any drastically changing attitude towards North Korea.

However, thirdly, it is possible that this may actually signal China's further shifting attitude regarding their "spoiled child". Their biggest fear is having 30 million hungry North Koreans flooding across their border, so China continues to prop NK on life support to use it as a buffer state between itself and South Korea / the United States, but surely there has to be a point in which it is too much trouble to justifiably maintain: the nuclear tests, the famines, the purges, the damning world opinion. It's finally starting to cast a shadow on China by association on the world stage, which isn't good for the image or economy of an emerging world power.

The Mutual Aid and Cooperation Friendship Treaty between them pledges military aid if either is attacked by another country - yet doesn't seem to mention being invaded by the other signer, interestingly enough.

But I digress, this is all speculation on my part. As just as with most other world events, it's practically impossible to draw an accurate prediction without further evidence.

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 09:49 PM
link   
I disagree with the proposition that the Chinese state leaked the documents to punish Kim Jong-Un. It would be an illogical move to do such a thing, as the leaks could greatly damage China's relationship with the DPRK. In addition, the contingency plans would be quite easily obtainable by South Korea or the USA, as a result of the leaks - something i'm fairly sure China wouldn't want.

Also, the authoring of contingency plans, in no way, demonstrates a lack of faith on China's part. They just seem to be normal plans written up in the case of an emergency situation within the DPRK.

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 10:12 PM
link   
I don't think it's a good thing that this leaked. L'il Kim is probably the most insane dictator in the world, now that this is leaked he could really go nutty and start blowing # up...
edit on 5-5-2014 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 10:19 PM
link   

I am stunned by this.

China seems to do a pretty good job of controlling military information.

North Korea is gearing up for another nuke test. China warned them last time not to go through with it and they did. That resulted in China supporting tightening of sanctions and increased border checks. Maybe the leak is intentional and is a message on where . Korea is heading if they continue down that road. I think N. Korea is set to conduct the newest test sometime this month.

I know the younger generations of Chinese don't have any loyalty towards north Korea. They perceive them as a danger to the Chinese modernization going on. They view them more along the lines of a mooch and nothing more.

I would like to be a fly on the wall in Politburo meetings in China when they discuss North Korean. The conversations I imagine would be seriousness mixed with incredulity with a tiny bit of Marx Brothers movies involved.

I dunno.. I don't think North Korea is ever going to "grow up".. At some point, their parent (China) needs to just let N. Korea pull the tv off the stand onto themselves to see if they learn the lesson that way. If not I think we will see a nation state version of the mother in the checkout line with the kid crying / throwing a hissy fit.

Parent looks at kid and yells - I will give you something to cry about.

edit on 5-5-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Perhaps they know something we don't about the stability of North Korea. Maybe the Hermit Kingdom is undergoing pockets of resistance. Perhaps China is behind the unrest and eye's Korea as the next step towards Asian domination. It would give them excellent location should it decide to go head to head with Japan.

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 11:12 PM
link   
China Says It Unearthed a Military Spy Ring Involving 40 People

China sentenced a man to 10 years in prison for providing military secrets to overseas spy organizations as part of an espionage ring that involved 40 people in China, state media said.

A man surnamed Li became a tool for providing secret information to intelligence agencies under the guidance of a foreign spy given the name “Feige,” or Flying Brother in Chinese, the China News Service reported yesterday, citing the Guangdong provincial department of state security.

The sentencing comes two weeks after PresidentXi Jinping and the Central Military Commission he heads issued a document calling for better protection of military secrets. The state media report did not identify the countries involved in Li’s case or the nationality of the spy.

For “a long time” Li provided internal military publications, observation of military bases at specific times, as well as photos of equipment, China News Service said. This was a “serious threat” to national security, the report said.

Since 2007, Feige used an online bookstore as well as websites for military enthusiasts to recruit 12 people in Guangdong province and a total of 40 people across China in more than 20 different places, it said. National security is “like air and water” and is closely linked to every person, the report quoted an unnamed official from the Guangdong state secrets office as saying.

Click link for remainder of article...

This might be related
edit on 5-5-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 11:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Wookiep

I'm convinced that Lil' Kim is all bark and no bite.

He cowers when it comes to the big dogs, especially big brother China.

On a side note, I find it strange to be a real 'leak' from China. You don't usually see that. As stated it's likely to be in line with an agenda.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 01:58 AM
link   
NK bark > bite ATM

However, should conflict be kicked off across the globe with the intention of: *insert* subjugating the cattle further/ reducing population/ making money/ imposing ideology... whatever end the madmen seek... then I would have thought there would be serious moves to castrate the wild card of NK, as I'm sure Kim would be very well expected to pop off a few before retreating underground.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 05:34 AM
link   
No one is suspicious that this was leaked to Japanese media...
Probably the last people the Chinese would leak information to?

When Xinhua decides to run with it I'll believe it!

Until then know this, Kyodo News is non profit and works a little like the Associated Press, sharing news stories with many different Newspapers, Radio & TV channels!!!

It's business arm is located in The Rockefeller Center!!!

Japan & China are in their own little Cold War, & this would be like the U.S military sharing their plans for Ukraine with Russia or vice-versa!!!

Peace everybody!!!

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 05:40 AM
link   
If this is true the media has #ed it up, rather than let China get on with it and get rid of Kim, they gave him a heads up, way to go whatever Japanese rag this was, could have got rid of him sooner, probably gave his regime an extra 10yrs just so they could sell some papers and get some clicks on their site.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 05:56 AM
link   
I wouldn't be totally surprised if it turned out to be the Russians that leaked this.

They've long been in a tug of war with China over Korean influence.

Seems they have the most to gain (on the surface, at least).

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 06:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: sosobad
If this is true the media has #ed it up, rather than let China get on with it and get rid of Kim, they gave him a heads up, way to go whatever Japanese rag this was, could have got rid of him sooner, probably gave his regime an extra 10yrs just so they could sell some papers and get some clicks on their site.

interestingly enough there have been discussions about Russian troop movements in the east Russia regions. Speculation is either a shift of forces in that area or a redeployment west because of the situation there.

Russia and China are also scheduled to hold another naval exercises at some point in the near future.

I don't have the source so the above can be considered speculation till I find it.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 06:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

originally posted by: sosobad

interestingly enough there have been discussions about Russian troop movements in the east Russia regions. Speculation is either a shift of forces in that area or a redeployment west because of the situation there.

Russia and China are also scheduled to hold another naval exercises at some point in the near future.

I don't have the source so the above can be considered speculation till I find it.

In what context should that be taken? The Chinese and Russians are working together to get rid of kimmy? Would be great if they did. If you do find the source please post it

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 06:28 AM
link   

I don't think this is surprising in the least, NK is an extremely unstable country both internally and externally. There is every likelihood that some time in the next twenty or thirty years there will either be an internal conflict there or pressure from outside will cause a conflict in the region. This is a country that repeatedly pokes at South Korea - an ally of the US and most of the world.

The fact that this was "leaked" is the more interesting aspect. I suspect too that this was deliberate, but the motives for it might be too convoluted to ever be known publicly. The fact that this was so openly leaked (rather than just leaked to a NK spy within China and able to be buried) suggests that this might be for the benefit of the US too.

It's interesting to me that China has refused to publicly support Russia at the UN, and now this is "leaked" too. Could it be an indication that China sees its future more in-line with Western partnerships than with their former close allies?

top topics

join