It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Putin's Hmn Rghts Cncil Accidentally Posts Real Crimean Election Results; Only 15% Voted For Annexa

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Raise

MOSCOW — Moving quickly to envelop Crimea in the Russian bureaucracy and economy, the Kremlin said Monday that it had nearly doubled pensions paid to retirees on the peninsula, raising them to the average levels paid in Russia.

Must be terrible getting a higher benefit. Election results have been published and broken down in other threads you were involved in. You are just on your usual crusade with dodgy links.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 01:27 AM
link   
The original source (for the ones capable of reading russian):

www.president-sovet.ru...

По мнению практически всех опрошенных специалистов и граждан: - подавляющее большинство жителей Севастополя проголосовали на референдуме за присоединение к России (явка 50-80 %), в Крыму по разным данным за присоединение к России проголосовали 50-60 % избирателей при общей явке в 30-50 %; - жители Крыма голосовали не столько за присоединение к России, сколько за прекращение, по их словам, «коррупционного беспредела и воровского засилья донецких ставленников». Жители же Севастополя голосовали именно за присоединение к России. Опасения перед незаконными вооруженными формированиями в Севастополе были больше, чем в других районах Крыма.

I am kinda surprised that it is still online, and that they allowed this to go online in the first place.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 01:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Putin's Human rights council..............Really. I will hand it to this scum bag he has a pretty big set. As far as the election goes anyone with half a brain could see the truth on that one.

If Putin is so big on human rights how's about giving his slaves freedom of the press. Also how is he doing on Gay rights I am pretty sure they are human beings also.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 01:55 AM
link   
Russia this ...Russia that...

Putin this ....Putin that....

god I love the smell of propaganda in the morning

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 02:29 AM
link   
The hack who writes this For Forbes is an old fool,look at his other work before this

Even goes so far as to call the pro west in Ukraine the good guys,shows you his mentality and that mentality
Is mirrored by others posting the same drivel

This is one of his replies to comments on his work online

"I find it remarkable that any of my posts that reference Vladimir Putin evoke a gaggle of comments from writers who do not know English and who charge me with being a cold warrior, a fascist, an idiot and a fool. I suspect they are professional Putin PR employees, who do this as a profession".

Classic approach we have seen on this site as well

1- belittle their English no matter if it's not their main language
2-anyone who disagrees is a professional Putin employee

What other rubbish will this chap and others write about

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 02:31 AM
link   
This is why multiple sources were listed in the OP.

I also said I would entertain the possibility this is bs. Aside from personal opinion, are there any official statements from Russia about this?

Also I pointed out this might have come from the MP who voted no for use of force in Crimea / Ukraine.
edit on 6-5-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 03:23 AM
link   
Not that I am saying that this is not true but following the links provides no real proof, this could have very well been a hack, I remember the same thing that happened a few months ago to CNN I think, saying that China has dumped the dollar, pulled after 5 min because they were hacked, can't link now, on my phone and it's a pain in the arse. If this is true the MSN would be having an orgasm over this, why haven't they picked it up? To be taken with a pinch of salt

ETA Also the writer for Forbes has a very biased view on what's happening, look at his other articles.
edit on 6-5-2014 by sosobad because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 04:39 AM
link   
Sounds like just about every election that has ever been... They're all rigged you know? Remember the last election when things like lights would go out at the crucial moment etc lol...

Also there was the software engineer that gave testimony that he was paid to rig the voting machines! So it would just switch your vote! Lol...

Why do you think elections have such low turnouts? Most know it is a complete farce!

I mean on top of all this you have thr media bias too, only giving the accepted candidates air time...

Democracy is not only immoral but it is also a huge scam!

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 04:56 AM
link   

I don't know because i read a post that said 99% votes to join Russia but it looked too good to be true so they slimed it back down to 96% as the offical figure and removed the post so I can not prove it.

30% turnout for a vote does seem very low so how come we had big party's at night with what looked like millions of people on the streets off the Crimea or do you think Putin had the KGB pointing guns at people to make them dance with joy.

International obserbers who monitored the voting process gave it a clean bill of health but maybe we need to ban voting like the west is trying to do in the Ukraine

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 05:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: tri-lobe-1
Russia this ...Russia that...

Putin this ....Putin that....

god I love the smell of propaganda in the morning

All I know is if this all calms down, I never want to see another track suit or hear the word "fascist" again.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 06:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: PsykoOps
Not surprising at all. What is shocking is the source. Putins own people no less. Someone is going to get a new post in siperia or free delivery of potassium fruits.
Everyone knew that a "referendum" under occupation in an enviroment where opposition is murdered on the streets is not legit to begin with.

Not everyone. There are folks here on ATS defending everything Putin does who believe it was. Just watch the responses on this thread. Don't you remember the frothing at the mouth postings when the "result" was first announced.

I feel sorry for Xcathdra who has a hell of a job replying to all the nonsense they will receive.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 11:03 AM
link   
We all know The illegal Crimean referendum is as worthless as the paper it was written on and we also know you cannot oppress and imprison people in the way Russia did in Crimea, Something tells me Crimea is going to be a pain in the backside for Putin and his mafia for the coming years

Nothing else to do other than sitting back and enjoying the ride I guess, oh and what the pro Russians phoaming from the mouth defending this shambles in Moscow lies through its teeth
edit on 6-5-2014 by TritonTaranis because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: yorkshirelad

I feel sorry for Xcathdra who has a hell of a job replying to all the nonsense they will receive.

Really? Isn't this the same OP who authored that dodgy thread about "123% voted in Crimea"? Even after it was proven to be a hoax, he defended it to the very end. So yeah, sometimes the "nonsense" it totally justified.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 11:14 AM
link   

This can't be. Putin? You mean the guy who rides horses and wrestles lions?

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Wait, so what is being said here is that only 15% voted for annexation, while 15% voted for non-annexation? Am I reading that correctly? If so, then the way it is worded is slightly misleading in a small way. I took it to mean that 30% of the population turned up to vote, and the vote was split. That is not very bad at all, considering the following inference: 30% of the population makes up a pretty hefty pool, and it is likely that if the entire population voted, the vote would have been relatively close.

That is probably an oversimplification, as there are many things that could come into play, but it could likely be true. It depends on if certain people were not allowed to vote, or if certain people were herded in there to vote, etc...The reason I said it was misleading is because they say that only 15% voted for annexation, placing this number on a lyrical pedestal while sort of sticking the other fact, that the same number voted the other way, near the back. That is how I interpreted the way it was written at least.
edit on 5/6/14 by JiggyPotamus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 09:24 PM
link   
a reply to: JiggyPotamus

We can look at the numbers all we want but the fact remains the results in Crimea were bogus, the election was illegal and a sham and Putin got caught.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 10:35 PM
link   

I actually dispute that the results were bogus, as the crimea population voting to join Russia was never in doubt. All analysts and all media predicted the outcome sue to the Crimean population mostly being Russian or of Russian decent.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 10:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Reinmax

I actually dispute that the results were bogus, as the crimea population voting to join Russia was never in doubt. All analysts and all media predicted the outcome sue to the Crimean population mostly being Russian or of Russian decent.

The issue is the UNHCR report says the same thing Putin's report does about the election in Crimea.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 02:16 AM
link   

The TSN report does not link to a copy of the cited report.

from the forbes link in the OP
that smacks of HOAX

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 02:32 AM
link   
About your source in the thread and the author, is also behind this article. Not reliable.

Intercepted Phone Calls Show Putin Called The Shots On European Hostages In Ukraine

Ah Yes ntercepted Phone Calls like how Israel has Intercepted Phone Calls from showing that Syria was behind the chemical attack to?

And also this Author has done numerous number of articles all which proved false later.

Source.
He even defends the burning of the Trade Union Building and Fascist Pro Kiev Forces from his own comments.

You seem to have great pride that the occupiers of Slovyansk imposed considerable damage on the Ukrainian forces, including bringing down a helicopter. Pretty good for “self defense” forces who obtain their weapons from the local convenience store.

Joey jojo No, Ukraine mounted a number of half hearted offensives over a period of time. This appears to be the first serious one. It seems maybe Ukraine figured out itself that it could not permit Russia’s agents to take much of Ukraine via a covert war.

As usual like the Guardian he blames the protesters for the fires just like the MSM.

At this point no one knows what happened in Odessa. The video I saw showed occupiers throwing molotov cocktails from the roof. The most likely explanation for the fire.

He saw an video where the protesters were throwing molotov cocktails from the roof? nice lie there but the molotov not from the roof.

Here's another laughable article from this author.

Respected Ukrainian Military Analyst Warns Russian Invasion Imminent (But First Need Dead Protesters)

Paul Roderick Gregory is also a proud author for Salon and kyivpost.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join