It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help Identify Mystery "Voodoo Pouch"

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 10:52 PM
link   
a reply to: grawl

Just wanted to say that you were the closest to describing the contents. I appreciate everyone's responses, comments, and feedback, but if there was a prize, you would win it!

Thanks again.

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 01:06 AM
link   
WOW, how awesome that you posted the minute by minute photos of the opening of the sachet! Is that actually the dust wafting out as the stitches were unbound?

Thank you! I, for one, am not surprised at the contents, but I am surprised at the size of the paper the prayer was on, once it was unfolded. Thank you again for sharing the adventure with us!

The remaining mystery, I think, is who placed the charm in the office? Especially since this somewhat corresponds to you and your coworker's religion, but does not seem to be a common practice in your own families.

What a lovely charm and obviously positive intent behind it. I, for one, do not believe that the opening of it, after all these years, has destroyed it. In fact, if anything, I think it brings new life and re-invigorates the effect, like shaking up an old potpourri. But that's me.

a reply to: Arktos1

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 05:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Arktos1

Well, I am not sad that you opened it. That seemed the wisest course of action. The combination of symbols and prayers makes this something a Christian would want to avoid. We don't need charms for protection.

<< 3  4  5   >>

join