It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

23 usd every two weeks at my job for the following insurance??????

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Thats not insurance, its just a payment plan to get you in the door.
Insurance is for times of trouble or need.

I had car loan insurance one day many moons ago, anyways I got hurt at work and they paid my loan for 3 months......
until I returned to work then I paid it.

That is insurance.

Regards, Iwinder

ETA S&F
edit on 7-5-2014 by Iwinder because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 05:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
a reply to: sarra1833

I read somewhere that the tax rate in Canada is about the same as here in the USA yet they get health insurance for that price.

I doubt your taxes are the same as ours here in Canada but I might be mistaken.
Our taxes are very very high, at the same time if you folks just quit the wars for one year I'm positive there would be enough money left in the pot for some decent health care.

As I type this our Mr Harper (Prime Minister) is beating the war drums for the Ukrainian thing ........there goes my new heart I guess.

Arses aren't they?

Regards, Iwinder

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Excuse me but how is that even considered insurance, assuming the OP is correct. It's nice that some plans offer preventive care but insurance is supposed to be about coverage in case of catastrophic loss. Our country is going down the tubes.

originally posted by: sarra1833
I called to get insurance and dental today.
they want 23 every paycheck, roughly 50 a month.
know what you get for this?

ONE PHYSICAL A YEAR. no meds, no nothing else. just ONE ONE ONE ONE ONE PHYSICAL ONE TIME A YEAR. THAT IS IT. NOTHING MORE, NOTHING LESS.

no dental, no vision, nothing. NOTHING. Just ONE physical a year for 600 dollars once that year is all paid. I said NO THANK YOU.
and dont even offer me obamacare, dear friends on here. I can not afford the 500 a mth they want from me plus that 10k dedictible. i make 8 and 8.25 at both jobs. pizza hut was the one offering the '''''''insurance''''' I'm raging about.

disgusting disgusting disgusting. Imma try to get on medicaid. I had a hysterectomy in april 2013 and it was paid 100% cuz of medicaid. gosh i am shocked i was able to hold back my cursing. facebook got all the curses. i think i made up new curses.

I want to live in canada
or somewhere. even 3rd world countries have better medical with their stick and string to pull out bad teeth and leeches to draw infection out of wounds LOL. yeah im going overboard in this paragraph but still. I was all happy to finally have insurance. AND IT'S NOT EVEN REMOTELY REAL INSURANCE.

if anyone yarps cuz im not capitalizing my i's or anything, don't. im too angry to care about proper grammer right now. grammar. whatever. this is true rage blinded typing.

rage rage rage

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 02:38 AM
link   
a reply to: lindalinda

Precisely. It is 100% not insurance. I posted at the end of pg 2 in regards to real insurance I have had through other past jobs. THOSE are insurance. A one time a year physical is NOT insurance. If they find something wrong with me, I am not insured to take care of it. That is NOT insurance at all.
And for 600 a year???? hahah wow.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 09:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: sarra1833
a reply to: dukeofjive696969

I'm starting to think NO insurance anywhere in the world is good, or the best or anything.
What a shame. I do think the usa here has the highest medical charges however. And that just bites the biggest bullet ever in my opinion.

Ugh. This is so so so so so annoying.

The general principle of insurance is frustrating.. you are paying money to cover you in the off chance that you have something bad happen to you. If you are healthy, it is a complete waste of money...

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Health insurance and medical care is so screwed up right now in the US, and I'm being polite.

Here's a tale of two dislocated toes:

1) My oldest niece dislocated her pinky toe. She went to the emergency room, and paid $700 dollars out of pocket to have it fixed. She also pays $800+ a month for a crappy insurance policy with mega deductibles.

2) I dislocated my pinky toe. I looked down and immediately popped that dog right back in place on instinct. I saved $700 dollars. It's healing nice and normally too plus we both got our injured toes taped to the next toe. She got medical grade tape while I used painters tape.

I have no health insurance as I will not pay for a policy that will not protect me from medical bankruptcy no matter what the ACA orders me to do. I also do not make enough to afford the level of insurance that will protect me from medical bankruptcy.

Had I had health insurance it would have not come to my aid here anyway. With all of our modern medical technology our system has lead a number of us into the 19th century model of health care. DIY.
edit on 9-5-2014 by pdawg67 because: left out critical word

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 05:11 PM
link   

2) I dislocated my pinky toe. I looked down and immediately popped that dog right back in place on instinct. I saved $700 dollars. It's healing nice and normally too plus we both got our injured toes taped to the next toe. She got medical grade tape while I used painters tape.
a reply to: pdawg67

LOL Well said and I hear you, I once broke my pinky toe and my Doctor laughed at me and sent me home with pain pills, didn't cost a penny but I thought I would post to compare notes.

I remember asking him can you put a cast on it? :-) It hurt like a hornets nest unleashed.
Regards, Iwinder

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 06:49 PM
link   
In Canada we really aren't taxed that highly. Our federal income tax rate is 15% up to $43,500, 22% on the amount between $43,500 and $87,100, 26% on the amount between $87,100 and $135,000, and 29% on the amount over $135,000. The amount calculated is reduced by various deductions for things like certain payroll taxes, etc. Provincial income tax is roughly 50% of the federal tax. On income of around $43,000, I payed roughly $6700 in income tax.

There are payroll deductions for the likes of the Canada Pension Plan and Employment Insurance, which are capped to a max amount and will reduce your income tax owed.

We do pay a 5% federal sales tax on most goods and services and, depending on the province, pay a provincial sales tax of roughly 7% on most goods.

The benefit? The removal of a malignant melanoma cost me nothing for the surgery and a two night hospital stay.

The likes of dental coverage and some medical services are not covered by the provincial health care plans and supplementary insurance is therefore available. I pay $12/month for dental coverage and $36/month for the likes of prescription meds coverage, prescription glasses coverage, semi-private room for any hospital stay, etc.

We do pay more for goods thanks in part to our marketplace not being as competitive as the US. For example, a $1500 tv in the US can list for $2100 in Canada.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 09:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Iwinder

Cool LW and glad to give you a LOL

To add even more humor to the story. The very next day I stubbed it again. While I was howling in pain, my cat jumped on top of my head and started clawing me with all fours. Totally crazy.

It does hurt some still, but I've got some pain pills from a root canal that I had a few months back. The OP's experience on dental insurance also illustrates the absurdity of dental insurance. I pay $200 a year cash for 2 physical exams and cleanings per year. I refuse x-rays as I don't do ionizing radiation unless ABSOLUTELY needed. My dentist also gave me a 15% cash discount for paying in cash too on root canals with crown. It saves him money not having to deal with the insurance leeches.

Those pain pills will come in handy tomorrow as I have to attend a niece's graduation, and it still hurts to wears shoes for extended hours. The dislocated toe niece also called to tell me how crazy I am after I told my sister what happened.

Hey, I got the exact same treatment and result as her as there is nothing one can do for a broken toe except I get to pay my property taxes with that money for the next 6 months instead of wasting it on something a doctor really cannot do anything to help you other than provide tape and pain pills.

You have a good doctor. My niece got jacked. I did mine cowboy style.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 09:38 PM
link   
a reply to: erwalker

It sounds like you're getting a better deal in Canada on health than our fascist Affordable Care Act garbage. My federal tax rates and state income tax rates are very similar though we don't have federal sales tax as that is left to their crony capitalistic campaign contributors to extract from us.

We do get to pay crazy insane insurance rates at the point of Government gun for useless health insurance that does not protect one from medical bankruptcy.

I refuse to participate.

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: pdawg67

While we do pay a federal goods and services tax and, in all but one province, a provincial sales tax, there are no county or municipal sales taxes. So, for example, you could go anywhere in British Columbia and the sales tax would be a combined 12% (5% GST and 7% PST). In Alberta you would pay only 5% as there is no provincial sales tax, though the provincial income tax rate is higher in Alberta than it is in BC.

Does the Canadian healthcare system have some problems? Sure. Not all regions have a sufficient number of doctors and for wait times for some procedures are longer than ideal. But the doom and gloom stories presented against the idea of a single payer system put forth by the US health insurance are very reminiscent of the same arguments used against a single payer system in Canada as far back as 60-70 years ago.

The following Wikipedia entry gives a fairly good overview of the Canadian system, including some of the criticism.

Health Care in Canada
edit on 11/5/14 by erwalker because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: erwalker

Thanks ERW, It was an interesting and educational read. Personally, I think a lot of people expect absolute perfection from health care which is utterly impossible no matter which system one lives under.

The US system is not perfect either by a long shot, and we have waits here too. I've watched a lot of different outcomes from our ACA implementation across my social network. The maze of new regulation seems to have resulted in the classic Goldberg contraption. I've seen a few of my friends obtain a modicum of very cheap health insurance with the subsidies. However, anyone who makes just above the subsidy limits, and does not have employer provided insurance is not getting a fair shake at all more like a shake down.

Personally, I think it's going to give us the worst aspects of your system and preserve the worst aspects of ours. I've also been somewhat offended by the politically based handing out of wavers and exemptions to those with connections whereas they are leaving small business and individuals flapping in the breeze.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join