It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Am I a Medium?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Today at this job i was talking to the guy who hired us and i heard two things pop up in my head after he mentioned his son steve over a period of time working at his house Prison, and Meth. Strange right? Didn't think anything of it at first since i was working and i had no idea who this guy was nor did i care. I heard Prison in my head first when i was taking a bag of trash out to the curb. A little while later I then heard "Meth" when we were tearing up his wall when he was right next to me. (He had a bad fire so he hired us to clean out his basement). I asked where his son was(i was thinking he was in school or something lol) and then he said he was in Prison. He got caught 3 times with possession of Meth in Colorado and sentenced to 22 years in prison.

I don't know where those thoughts came from but this isn't the first time something like this has happened. What do you guys think? I believe that the Human Mind is like a radio and some people can tune into that correct frequency to hear the "Environment" as i experienced it today, or other voices. Whether it be Spirits, Demons, or you just got a couple of screws loose lol.

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Stevemagegod
Well that is interesting. If I experienced something like that I would be a little freaked out. I believe that there is a lot about the mind that can't be explained by conventional science.

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Although I dont discount the possibility, as I am a believer in many things unexmplained, I must also point out that the brain picks up on so many things that we are not aware of. It is very possible that you picked the information up elsewhere, and then recalled it, having no idea where it came from.

Sometimes I recall things, have no clue where I heard it, only to have someone later tell me that we had that conversation already.

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 04:19 PM
link   
The sub conscious mind is an amazing thing,

My money is on you picked up a host of give aways to behavior, You may not be Sherlock Holmes, but your Sub-conscious mind is capable of picking up on what you missed.

The end result, gut instinct, that can often times appear to be supernatural in origin.

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 04:20 PM
link   

People calling other people crazy for enhanced abilities are from my point of view a defense mechanism to disbelief the things they want to not know.

We all are medium more or less reading what is with our senses. The hard thing from my point of view is being the medium and not ego distort the information you get with creative fantasy. You can see a lot of this in channeling where the information gained becomes unreliable source to "what is" on a collective level.

You are in your post spot on

edit on 5-5-2014 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 04:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: LittleByLittle

People calling other people crazy for enhanced abilities are from my point of view a defense mechanism to disbelief the things they want to not know.

We all are medium more or less reading what is with our senses. The hard thing from my point of view is being the medium and not ego distort the information you get with creative fantasy. You can see a lot of this in channeling where the information gained becomes unreliable source to "what is" on a collective level.

You are in your post spot on

The thing is the prison feeling was super strong and i really wanted to ask him has anyone if anyone in your family has ever been to prison before? But if i was correct it would of made for a super awkward moment. Like how the hell do you know that he went to prison type of thing. So i just kept my mouth shut and asked him what his son was doing these days. I thought he may have been just in school or something since no one else was home and it was normal school hours for most people and he was like a my son is in prison in colorado right now.

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Your probably, like a lot of people, very intuitive. You pick up either, consciously or subconciously, a lot of information on a person that your interacting with. It could be their mannerisms, the way they dress or talk, anything like that. Your brain puts all that together at super speed and makes assumptions.

The fact you thought of prison and meth as you were tearing the wall up with this guy and then asked about his son, who it turns out is in prison for meth i think shows that.

Or it could be coincidence.

If you were a medium i would have thought the numbers 3 and 22 would`ve have popped into your head, also a whole lot of other stuff relevant to his son.

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 05:51 PM
link   
I agree with the others about the subconscious mind. There was even a study that came out recently confirming that this actually happens. I'm sure that if you google it, you can find it.

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 06:14 PM
link   

I can't say if you're a Medium or not but I do believe we can link or receive thoughts from others. For me it has to be someone close to me before the synchronicity starts.

I called a longtime friend once and we started to talk about his day. He told me that he just got home from buying a computer. I laughed because I had just ordered one off line that morning which I planned to put together. The interesting thing was he bought pretty much the same exact computer I had ordered to build. Same processor, motherboard, etc. the only difference was I ordered more memory than he had. We never told one another of our plan to get another computer previously. Mine was an impulse buy.
A few months later I was at a yard sale and found a vintage drill press from Craftsman that I thought my friend would like so I bought it. He is always buying manual tools so I thought it would add to his collection nicely. I kept forgetting about it because I hadn't seen him for a bit and when I did it was the last thing on my mind. I also never got around to telling him I bought one for him or I would have remembered to give it to him. Months had passed and I ran across the drill press in all my junk and decided to take it to him that night so I would stop forgetting. When I got to his house he wanted to show me what he bought at the flea market that day. He had bought a vintage Craftsman drill press! I was like W.T.F?

I'm not a Medium, actually I'm an Extra Large.

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Really 22 years for possession .... Have they not heard of drug court

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 06:20 PM
link   
a reply to: 3u40r15m

Yea I was wondering that too. I would say it was possession of a large amount which also means he has an intent to distribute. That would make more sense for 22 years.

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 06:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheLieWeLive
a reply to: 3u40r15m

Yea I was wondering that too. I would say it was possession of a large amount which also means he has an intent to distribute. That would make more sense for 22 years.

That would make more sense. Being caught with Pounds of meth 3 times. That's probably federal and they will throw you in for a while these days and you don't even get half... If it's just 3 times possession that is a waste of prison space....

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Maybe just half baked

Actually, I think everyone can do that if they learn how to. The government or the ones controlling things in this country don't want us to be able to do that though. Long ago they spread rumors this ability doesn't exist. If you believe it doesn't exist, you will ignore it. Then they can control you.

It doesn't always work right though. You can't count on it.

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 10:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3u40r15m
Really 22 years for possession .... Have they not heard of drug court

America's War on Drugs bro.

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 11:03 PM
link   
The human brain is pretty awesome. Maybe you heard someone talking about him and his son without remembering?
But you would like to be a medium better, hm? You should test it, maybe with people you really know nothing about.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 08:53 AM
link   

You describe it as "hearing" the information pop into your head, which is a bit confusing. If you audibly heard the information as if someone were speaking to you, it's called clairaudience. If an image popped into your head, it's considered to be clairivoyance. Many times people will experience both of these simultaneously, so it gets confusing. If his son was passed I would say it was Mediumship, being communication with spirits. When the departed "speak" to the living it can be an actual voice and/or images in their mind and/or through the emotions. Most people, often unbeknownst to them, operate at various times in one or more of the "Clair" gifts. For myself, I didn't realize that I was experiencing mediumship until I noticed a pattern when I felt compelled to read for people and names of people that had passed kept coming up over and over. If you desire to know more about the "clair" gifts I would do a search on them. You'll probably find more than one that resonates with you. Hope this helps.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Well, if it has happened before quite a few times,
then most likely you are psychic and just repressing it.

No doubt your mind already has played with the idea over time,
so I think you already know the answer.

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 06:50 PM
link   
There are two distinct kinds of information that exist, and they are very different from each other.

One form - Residual Information - comes into physical existence as the result of stuff happening. Basically, something happens, so the fact that it happened becomes a permanent part of reality. That's because once something happens, it can't "unhappen", but also, the whole of reality is defined by what is, what was, and the relationships that exist and have existed between all that exists and has ever existed. It's a relationship matrix, and Residual Information, in the form of Fact Sets and Fact Set Continuums, are the physical basis of this matrix. In fact, it's due to this constantly emerging and developing Residual Fact Set relationship matrix that all "natural laws" and universal "fine tuning" exist as they do.

If you can tap into that matrix of Residual Fact Sets and RFS Continuums, then you're a psychic.

The other form of Information - Dynamic Burst Sets and DBS Trajectories - comes into physical existence as a result of the material brain and how it translates DNA survival responses into action items. In human brains, these action items are fully conscious and self aware. Extremely sophisticated compared to the Dynamic Burst Sets and DBS Trajectories of lesser, more "ground level" brain survival systems. This form of information can be "dumb reactive" or it can possess full sentience/sapience, depending on the brain that generated it. In fact, the human version of this information is what each of us is producing at this very instant.

If you can communicate with a DBS Trajectory that has become freed as a result of the death of its authoring brain, then you are a medium.

I would suggest that if the son in question here had died in prison while doing time for meth dealing, then you could (perhaps) have gotten that information from him in a mediumistic manner. Since he's not dead, I am going to suggest that you gleaned that insight via a RFS Continuum associated with the man who hired you. That would suggest that you may have latent psychic abilities.

Of course, I'm just going on what you've provided here and what I know about how information works within a macro-system reality confine. Who knows. Maybe a discarnate human spilled the beans on that guy to you, so there are as many possible scenarios as there are people (living and dead) who could have a vested interest in that poor guy's family troubles. People are always wild cards in any situation.
edit on 9/5/2014 by NorEaster because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Greetings to all:
I have lurked for quite sometime and this is my first post. You may have received much more info than the original poster because you may be a stronger in your ability or have worked at enhancing your ability for a lot longer time. The poster should be proud of what she did pick up, even if it was only a couple things.

What I wanted to mention, and I could be in incorrect but I thought a medium speaks to the dead or those that have passed over while a psychic picks up information related to mainly those still alive, something about the person or someone in the persons life (who may be dead or alive), a future event, a past event, etc.

I am never sure if a psychic is picking up things on their own or reading someone's mind. Perhaps someone with more experience can comment on these two abilities more than I can?

Thanks and cheer ☺️
a reply to: fenian8

top topics

join