It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Celebrating the return of 24

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Over the years the show 24 has had some ground breaking moments. Formt he shows inception of the dynamic way the episode is told over and hour "as events in real time". To the way political discussions happened that translated to our everyday political debates. From if its okay to torture a would be terrorist to save lives, To if it is okay for political public servants to break the constitution and take away rights from American's

24 has turned little known actors into stars from the presdient David Palmer who i snow our trusty insurance guy. To Elisha Cuthberth Jacks daughter.

Oneof my favorite season's and story arch's was I think it wass season 7 or 6 where it was about the PMC's taking over (private military contractors) and Jacks father amd brother were involved.

I would like to know from other fans of the show, what is your favorite plot/story line? who ha sbeen your favorite chracter? and what has been your favorite moment?

And just one more thing 24 has always been known for its intensity I can think of know other show that has been as intense maybe the walking dead comes close but 24 has consistent intenisity.

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 04:05 PM
link   
I have had this in my Netflix queue for quite some time but have never seen one episode. It might be time to start down this road.

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: American-philosopher

It's intense alright.

As a matter of conscience, I'm abandoning all pop-violence involving gun-toting morally ambiguous law enforcement. Furthermore, I regret ever buying into financial oppression, torture, lawlessness and war making just to entertain myself.

Live and learn.

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 04:10 PM
link   

My favourite season was 3 and 4. The ending of the season 4 premier was literally an unforgettable TV moment for me!

My fav character is Jack, no question!

By watching this show it causes much adrenalin to be pumped and that is every moment of every episode, so yes, its consistent.

I highly doubt there will ever be a show that i enjoy as much as i enjoyed this!

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 05:11 AM
link   
Yeah, nothing like someone #ting all over everyone's rights in the name of "entertainment".

am i the only one that has different feelings about this show?

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: schadenfreude

what are your feelings about it??

I think thats why they do controversial political topics

like this current plot is about drones. I thikn that is very timely

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 10:04 PM
link   

I honestly don't think the same formula aint gonna work anymore. (thx 4 askin')

this isn't 2003, ppl are more awake now.

honestly? i was rooting for the "bad guys" b/c frankly we deserve it.

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 07:42 AM
link   
I started watching 24 last month as all 8 seasons are on netflix uk.

I'm half way through season 4...

I love the show (though not as much as Dexter as I'm a Dexter Fanatic).

One thing that struck me was how it was that they had a Black President also seriously concerned about a health bill... filmed in 2002-2003... Season 2.

President Obama was inaugurated in 2009.....

President Obama's legacy to the united states... Obama Care....

Hmmmmm seems too much of a coincidence....

Please no spoilers!

Peace,

Korg.

top topics

join