It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea's Nuclear Missiles

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Well if this is true it is a little scary that this nut job has Nuke's

North Korea’s force of inter-continental ballistic missiles now has been equipped with nuclear warheads. The rogue regime is believed to have less than a dozen warheads, but the development of full-up ICBMs now adds a dangerous element to any crisis on the Korean peninsula.

www.sofmag.com...
edit on 5-5-2014 by nighthawk1954 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: nighthawk1954

not chest-beating US tech, or anything, but they'd hardly make it off the ground in an actual attack/launch.

certainly, not a one would make it to 'target'.

sorry kim.

now. if they could come up with one small enough to fit on, say, a scud type/range missile. then there'd be reason for concern in the south.

but anything requiring or going to 'altitude' would never make it to target. imho

just sayin...

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 03:09 PM
link   
a reply to: 12m8keall2c
I pray to God you are right!

edit on 5-5-2014 by nighthawk1954 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: 12m8keall2c

Your statements are true. However, now that they have these, its only a mater of time before they begin miniaturizing them to fit on SCUDS, etc. Besides, any nuke in his hands is scary. Crazy people do crazy things, and with that haircut, there is no doubt in my mind he is not sane.

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 03:26 PM
link   

North Korea’s force of inter-continental ballistic missiles

Really ? Since when?

Not too worried here

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: andr3w68

one can only hope they realize that any sort of 'nuclear exchange' would most certainly result in complete annihilation of anything resembling 'life as they know it' in the DPRK.

if one of theirs actually 'got through' and 'hit' somewhere, it'd be a near parking lot in mere hour's time.

france, china [yes. china], US, etc.

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 04:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: 12m8keall2c

not chest-beating US tech, or anything, but they'd hardly make it off the ground in an actual attack/launch.

certainly, not a one would make it to 'target'.

sorry kim.

now. if they could come up with one small enough to fit on, say, a scud type/range missile. then there'd be reason for concern in the south.

but anything requiring or going to 'altitude' would never make it to target. imho

just sayin...

Thats all well and good for conventional war fare.

If little kimmy goes Asymmetrical he could cause massive damage before its stopped, hell even after NK is taken care of the repercussions could echo for awhile.

All that is needed is the will to do harm, no amount of Tech can save people from that.

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 04:05 PM
link   

one can only hope they realize that any sort of 'nuclear exchange' would most certainly result in complete annihilation of anything resembling 'life as they know it' in the DPRK.

And that is part of the problem, Western Intelligence, as far as the DPRK is concern, has consistently been wrong in predicting the actions of the leadership.

Sure, sounds like insanity lobbing a nuke at SK, or Japan,

But can we really say that is out of the realm of the possible as far as the DPRK is concerned?

Western sensibilities don't apply to a nation that worships its leaders like a god.

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 04:12 PM
link   
North Korea should be kept a close eye on..

The theory of MAD does not work with regards to North Korea imho.

Hell, if they don't give a flying monkey's butt about the welfare of their own citizens how does the threat of a massive retaliatory strike fair any better?

Seems that the only thing they may seriously fear is losing power and position.

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: SLAYER69
I can't agree with you more!

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Objection yer Honor! Assuming facts not in evidence!

I'd first ask...when we established the fact North Korea HAS Intercontinental Ballistic Missiles? Even Russia and China are firing test missiles on a fairly regular basis, as the news dutifully reports. Even they need live firing to test systems and make sure they WORK when someone hits the red button.

Has North Korea ever, once, fired an ICBM class weapon to test at realistic range for accuracy and effect? Not that I'm aware of. Until they do...it's a potential, not a capability IMO. They CAN launch things into a polar orbit. That ...whatever it is...they launched the last time and everyone said was out of control with a short life to reentry burn...was still there, the last time I check. Making it's lonely polar (military) orbits, and across our country on a regular basis. THAT they can do...

THAT is only valuable to them if they intend to pop a megaton class weapon in low orbit to erase space assets and EMP the ground below. (See Starfish Prime testing in the Pacific for how that looks and works). They could be doing that...true...but that, an ICBM doesn't make. They have to be able to DE-orbit under positive control and maintain targeting control through the reentry and atmosphere all the way down.

As the saying goes....There is many a slip between a cup and the lip.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Can someone please send Kim a copy of Threads. He can then perhaps learn the real horrors of a nuclear holocaust. Surely he must know that to launch a nuke will mean he will book a reserved seat in the seventh ring of hell?

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 10:17 AM
link   

just sayin...

I think they (DPRK) know this, but if they can miniaturise the war head and launch it under the pretence of a satellite launch (and we know they are capable of that) they can just wait till it passes over the USA and detonate it in orbit, I believe even in orbit the EMP blast will knock the states back to a pre computer society, for like everything that's not protected, and that's like the entire power grid!

So they know an ICBM with nukes on re entry vehicles and actually hitting anything at all like you say is never gonna happen, but they will know what capabilities they do have and maybe have a go at working with what they got, I mean they even got sats up now that pass over the USA every so often, who knows what's actually aboard that bird?

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 10:43 AM
link   
My only concern is that their China's puppet and could be used to try for an EMP strike against the States off a ship or whatever. If they get caught and the U.S. kicks their ass, so be it. But if they land a lucky punch, China could follow through once things looked in their favor.

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: korath

Yhea good old China the super power that can wait forever to mop up after the rest of the world goes to pot somehow, that's how you do the long game.

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Now_Then

There is a small problem with that...though in the long run, it's not a bad strategy for other nations. North Korea just won't live through the day to enjoy the results.

First, it would take a minimum of 3 warheads, going by U.S. and Soviet testing in the 50's for space/low earth orbit nuclear detonations. One of the larger of these (and far beyond anything North Korea has shown the capability to make this far) knocked out some electronics and street lights in Hawaii after detonation above Johnston Atoll, roughly 900 miles away. So, to work, at a min, you'd need a Western, Mid-Western and Eastern warhead. Anything less? You have the worst possible outcome for an attacking nation, and what Japan learned in the 1940's. A wounded America is the worst outcome.

The other problem is....civilian systems would get zapped into barney rubble days. True. Military systems wouldn't. They've been designed to survive near-miss strikes where they're outside a blast effect but inside the EMP wave from near ground detonations, let alone one in Space. So....while the civilian population was literally clueless in the dark, the United States Military would be in full retaliatory mode, setting to the goal of erasing Kim and everything remotely connected to him. Likely with NBC weapons and in ways only a Super power really can use them.

Whatever else people think of our Commander and Chief? I think he has an ego it takes a support vehicle to carry along behind and skin thin enough to see through. In peace time, that's a real pain in the butt. In a sneak attack for war? His ruthlessness and viciousness would likely be one for world history books going forward. That's my take.

edit on 10-5-2014 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Wrabbit2000

They have been testing a new engine apparently, so while some are saying they may conduct their fourth nuclear test, you'd think if they were serious, they'd be flight testing rockets!

Still a few years from being a credible threat, and the US and UN know this.

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Ahh right, thanks for the great reply, so i's basically go big or go home, the best kim could get is maybe power knocked out across a pretty insignificant portion of the land mass of America and now America has a very good reason to hand out the whoop ass, not a good idea (but NK don't always do the most sensible things)

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: AlphaHawk

Yes, I've noticed that with North Korea as well. He's got that 'I want it and I want it NOW!' attitude that is so common in today's people. Skip the hard stuff to short cut to the end and Shazam! Insta.........fail. lol..

You're right. The US, USSR and last, China all learned to crawl before walking and walked before running. So we can run a missile right up each others tail pipe with space around to not touch the walls of the pipe going in.

Kim seems to be skipping those steps. The only logical explanation is...someone handed him tech to short cut with. However, Kim isn't entirely logical in what he does, so where I may really worry about that for other nations acting this way? Meh.... not so much with the DPRK.

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 12:04 PM
link   

I guess it's possible they may be gifted some ready to launch ICBM's, but I think those that are watching, would know, since it's difficult to hide such a thing, and even more difficult to launch one without it being known.

Unless they were gift wrapped in a ICBM capable submarine...but that's a helleva stretch.

edit on 10-5-2014 by AlphaHawk because: (no reason given)

<<   2 >>

join