It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NYPD baseball team's gear stolen before championship game in Dallas.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Hi.

www.myfoxny.com...

First reported by the NY Daily News, the game had to be postponed because someone broke into the NYPD team's equipment van while it was parked overnight outside the Marriott Suites in North Dallas.The players' personal bats, gloves, baseballs, uniforms and more were stolen from the van sometime between the hours of 3 a.m. and 8 a.m. on Friday. None of the stolen items included NYPD issued weapons, badges or other work-related gear.

Okay it's wrong to steal but whoever did this has balls. (and gloves and bats). I don't know why I find the story amusing maybe because of the irony.

Dallas police said Friday afternoon it found some of the stolen equipment at a nearby apartment complex, but not all of the gear was at that location.

I feel a little bad for the guys but it's still kinda funny.

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Imagine the look on the thieves' faces when they saw "NYPD" on the jerseys and such. Sounds like some Sooper Trooper shenanigans pulled by the Dallas team.

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Why am I hearing the benny Hill theme?

Poor cops, better call the... cops...

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 02:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: cosmikDebris
Imagine the look on the thieves' faces when they saw "NYPD" on the jerseys and such. Sounds like some Sooper Trooper shenanigans pulled by the Dallas team.

Right, I was thinking it sounded like sabotage.

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 02:36 PM
link   

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 02:38 PM
link   
A small step but it's always good seeing someone stand up to the cops. Good for the thieves.

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Why'd they cancel? they could've played on in their underpants and truncheons!

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 02:58 PM
link   

top topics

join