It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2008 AMERICA YOU DECIDE (POLL) Dems v. Reps

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 08:02 PM
link   
As we get closer to the 2008 Presidential Elections I want to take a poll one who looks like the canidate from each party in the next election.
I want to hear everyones opinion on this subject. Will the list of our presidents be Bush, Clinton, Clinton, Bush, Bush, ... Clinton???

Below you will find a list of the Top Republican Candidates and Top Democratic Candidates. Please choose only 1 for each party and thank you for playing.

TOP REPUBLICANS

Colin Powell
Condi Rice
Donny Rumsfeld
Jeb Bush
George Bush Sr.
Dick Cheaney
George W. Bush for 3rd Term
Rudy Guillianni
John McCain
Trent Lott
Arnold Swartzenegger
Bill Frist
Tom Ridge

Top Democrats...

Hillary Clinton
Al Gore
Wesley Clark
Howard Dean (he won't just go away you know)
John Kerry

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 08:08 PM
link   
OMG.
The board is just getting back to normal after the last election and now you want to start debating on the next one as a conspiracy?

O'K then, there will be no 2008 election as America will be run by homeland security and the evil dictator, Dick Cheyney.

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Not to be a pain, but we have enough bru haha right now to last us thru 2012(Mayan calendar permitting..)

What the heck. I'll take one Hillary Clinton just for the controversity of it all!
I would love Bill to be back in the White House

He was a great president and with him guiding her, it will be 8 years of effort in putting back this country together. On the other hand, whats to say that Bush wont change the Constitution and all his cheerleaders will vote him in for another decade or so?

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 09:27 PM
link   
republican ticket will be Frist/Guillani. Democrat ticket will be Clinton/Obama. Kerry might challenge Hillary for the ticket, but Hillary will get the ticket. Also BeLow why didn't you put Kerry on the list? Hes one of the top democrats. The winner will be Clinton/Obama, and after the mid elections in 2010 the democrats will be back in control.

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Rudy Guillani/Jeb Bush for the Republicans. That will give them New York and Florida, which will be enough to win election.

My favorite for the Democrats is Hillary, Oh God please I hope it is Hillary! I think she will either go with Barack Osama, or Bill Richardson as VP.

Rudy wins and guess what that means. Another Bush in the White House in 2016!

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 07:39 PM
link   
I hate to burst bubbles here, but from what I hear, the black book on Obama is getting thicker every day...

What about Mitt Romney, Governor of Massachusetts? I'm not sure of his intentions right now, but he has the plus of being elected a Republican governor in one of the heaviest Democratic states in the nation, plus Chairmanship of the Winter Olympics, plus successful businessman. His downside is name recognition outside of Utah and New England. If not president, he would be a good VP candidate, groomed for the future top job.

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Libertarian:M. Badnarik

Democrat: H. Dean and/or H. Clinton
probable alternate: H. Clinton / W. Clark

Independant: ????

Green: ????

Republican: P. Buchannon and/or R. Guillionni
Then again, for Reps, it is also likely J. Bush/R. Guillionni
no matter how you trim the bushes, they keep growing back...

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4
My favorite for the Democrats is Hillary, Oh God please I hope it is Hillary! I think she will either go with Barack Osama, or Bill Richardson as VP.

That's gotta be a typo, no?

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky

That's gotta be a typo, no?

I was wondering who would be the 1st to catch it

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Rudy wins and guess what that means. Another Bush in the White House in 2016!

Welcome to the one-party state... the wet dream of Republicans.

And three members of the same family in the White House in 50 years is too much. I think both parties contain enough talent without having to rely on the Bushes or the Clintons. If they have to rely on them, it means that there's a power aristocracy rising in the U.S.

I think it'll be Giuliani-Frist (a moderate Northerner and a conservative Southerner, good balance) against Gore-Dean (again, a moderate Southerner and a liberal Northerner).

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by BeLowUIdontevenknowu

Unofficial Results...so far...

Democrats...
Hillary Clinton......4.5 vote for POTUS & 1 for for VP
Al Gore................1 vote for POTUS
Howard Dean......0.5 vote for POTUS
Wesley Clark.......2 vote for VP
Barak Obama......1.5 vote for VP
Bill Richardson.....0.5 vote for VP

Republicans...

Guillianni................2 votes for POTUS and 3 vote for VP
Bill Frist..................1 vote for POTUS and 1/2 vote for VP
George W Bush.....1 vote for POTUS
McCain...................1 vote for POTUS
Jeb Bush................1/2 vote for POTUS and 1 vote for VP
Pat Buchannon......1/2 vote for POTUS

[edit on 28-11-2004 by BeLowUIdontevenknowu]

[edit on 30-11-2004 by BeLowUIdontevenknowu]

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Republicans

John McCain/Rudy Guillianni

Democrats

Wesley Clark /Hillary Clinton

Hillary will lose in Democratic primary race and Clark will pick her up as a VP

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 05:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowXIX
Republicans

John McCain/Rudy Guillianni

Democrats

Wesley Clark /Hillary Clinton

Hillary will lose in Democratic primary race and Clark will pick her up as a VP

I like the chances for your Republican choices. I think they would be practically unbeatable.

As for Clark, good luck. He doesn't have much of a chance at all. Somebody else mentioned Gore/Dean. That would certainly be the loudest matchup, but practically no chance of winning.

There seem to be so many good Republican choices, and so few, if any, good Democrat choices. I say this witho partisanship - it's just true. The one good, sane Democratic candidate is Joe Lieberman, IMO. I don't know why he is ignored by the Dems.

[edit on 1-12-2004 by jsobecky]

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 02:42 PM
link   
I forgot all about Joe Lieberman thats what they need jsobecky a Democate more down the middle on the issues rather then someone far to the left. This would have more appeal across the board.

Thats why I think a far left person like Hillary from NYC would be a bad choice for a ticket, But I think she will get on anyway.

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Coulda sworn I started a thread about this already

politics.abovetopsecret.com...'

Anyway, rather than make everyone read that to find my picks, here we go:

Who do you see in the race in 2008, or, better yet, who would you LIKE to see, and why?!?

My picks are as follows:

Democratic Party:
Sen. Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama

Why?!:
Hillary Clinton, though a woman (not that that is a bad thing, just rather uncommon in Presidential politics), is a very powerful political figure. Like her, or hate her, she has experience in the position. Hell, she ran the White House for 8 years

Barack Obama is uber popular, and had an amazing showing at the 2004 Democratic convention. People know him, and, although it may be a tough sell in some of the Southern states, he has the look and sound of a very successful politition.

Overall, I think the femal president, black vice president makes a huge statement about how far we have come as a country.

Republican Party:
Sen. John McCain and RNC Chairman (Fmr. Gov) Marc Racicot

Why?!
John McCain appeals to both Republicans and Democrats. He is quite popular and has the POW card to play. Not that that is a good thing all the time, as we saw from the service records in this election, but it helps give him a reason to lead so to speak. He is very popular, and should have replaced Cheney in 2004 for VP.

Marc Racicot has been RNC chairman since late 2002, and was governer for two terms in Montana. I just like the guy. He headed up Bushes re-election campain, and obviously, was successful at that. There is no way Bush SHOULD have had a chance, but he won anyway. I know a lot of you think he stole the election, and all that, but that isnt what we are talking about here... Racicot has what it takes to help lead this country, if only as a VP at first (continuing on to President after gaining experience as VP).

Those are my opinions on who I would like to see in 2008. The Democrats, as much as I dislike it, have the stronger ticket, and they should. Unless Bush really works his arse off to turn this country around, the Republicans shouldnt have a chance in 2008.

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Clark/Obama 2008!!

WooHoo! ;-)

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Obama
Powell

kennedy cant be president. remember the bridge at Chappaquiddick?

posted on Dec, 11 2004 @ 03:52 PM
link   
From looking at that list....I would have to think that for the republicans Rudy Guilliani would be the presidental and Bill Frist as the vice presidental canidates and for the democrats I can see Hillary and Oprah running...Hillary for president and Oprah for v.p.

posted on Dec, 12 2004 @ 09:04 PM
link   
if hillary clinton wins i will personally start a movement to overthrow her evil communist regime.

top topics

join