It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

page: 1

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 01:17 PM
Hello ATS. Pretty strong Quakes felt in Tokyo and Thailand today.

Tokyo Eq

The national broadcaster NHK, citing local authorities, said 17 people were reported injured, some of them from falls.

The quake, at 5:18 a.m. local time, had an estimated magnitude of 6.2 and was centered 99 miles under the seabed near Oshima, an island south of Tokyo, the Japan Meteorological Agency said. It was felt across a wide area of Japan, with the strongest shaking registered in central Tokyo, the agency reported.

Thailand Eq

People ran down stairs in office buildings in Myanmar's largest city, Yangon, and severe shaking also was felt in Chiang Mai, Thailand's second-largest city. Window curtains briefly swayed in the Thai capital, Bangkok. No casualties were reported and only roads and buildings were damaged, said Anusorn Kaewkangwan, deputy director-general at the Interior Ministry.

This is it!! It's the end! It's all over....! Well, maybe not but it's good to stay informed on this stuff. What says ATS?

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 01:19 PM
Normal for Planet Earth really. It's when they stop is when you should worry.

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 01:43 PM
That was supposedly a deep quake and they don't usually cause much to happen. I'll have to go back and look at that again. I think There was two, maybe one wasn't as deep.

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 05:39 PM
Earthquakes of this size happen regularly, nothing strange.
The "Tokyo" one, which was infact pretty much outside of Tokyo, got me curiosu though.
It was the biggest one in that are since a long time and Fujisan is pretty near to it.
Since I have my girlfriend there and a lot of close friends, I have to watch it more closely now.
Btw. they all were not surprised or somehow surprised at all by that quake. Normal stuff.

new topics

top topics