It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trending now.....Two teenage boys shot dead in California during burglary attempt

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:
+15 more 
posted on May, 5 2014 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

One or 6 doesn't matter. Dead is dead. They aren't defending themselves. They are defending PROPERTY.

Bull

SHE was an elderly victim in her home, she was there, as they broke in.

THIS time a relative happened to be there.

IF you are in my home, I am not shooting you to protect my STUFF.

Im shooting you to protect me and mine.

AND

I MIGHT ADD, TO anyone that believes in their right to self defense, remember how quickly someone will try to make you out to be a heartless murderer for protecting your life.

"I was in fear of my life, and he was coming right for me", needs to be your mantra, least the bleeding hearts string you up along side those that sought to do you harm.

+18 more 
link   
a reply to: intrepid

Too often in our country, theft also = beating the victim(s)
theft also = killing the victim(s)
theft also = raping the victim(s)

I for one don't think a person should have to wait around to see if the robber has other intentions, because by then it is too late to defend oneself.

If a person is bad enough to break into an occupied house to steal, they are probably bold enough, to injure, maim, kill and/or rape.

So, if you are home and a thief breaks in to your home and confronts you, are you saying you will wait to see if they plan to hurt you before you try and defend your property and yourself?

link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe
DON'T BREAK IN TO PEOPLE'S HOUSES!!!!!!

The more this message gets around the safer I'll feel. There are more than enough out of control punks soaking up the planets resources and not contributing back. A few less wont hurt anything in the grand scheme of things. Maybe the odd parent will start parenting again too.

+4 more 
posted on May, 5 2014 @ 12:56 PM
link   

At what point during a home invasion/ robbery is it okay to defend yourself and your home?

The moment someone forces their way into your home means you could be struggling for your life. This woman took initiative, and luckily, she's still alive and unharmed. It doesn't always play out that way. That's the point. You don't know what'll happen until it's too late.

Prevention being worth cure and all that.

edit on 5-5-2014 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: sulaw

The Waffle House shooting was in the news recently.
And sure enough, the family of the armed robber was saying that he didn't deserve to be shot.

Oh well, live by the gun, die by the gun.

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: HardCorps
a reply to: Vasa Croe

If these kids had pulled this stunt on my wife.
she would have totally gone Oscar Pistorius on those brats!

It really puzzles how so many people believe women are easy pray--- Until they run into the ones that "Stand Their Ground"

Nope, no sorrow from me.

I had a secretary once who was evil as they come, she was also 67 and had all gray hair, and I had no power to fire her.

Anyway, one day she was carjacked. It was on the local news. She beat up the carjacker so badly he landed in the hospital.

She may have been evil, but that carjacker deserved every broken bone he got, he was just lucky she couldn't get to the gun she kept in her glove compartment.

I hope all thieves run into "old ladies" like her when they attempt theft.

+8 more 
posted on May, 5 2014 @ 01:00 PM
link   

I am really just tired of all the bleeding hearts on the other side of the story complaining about how robbers don't deserve death.

Theft = death? Property is worth more than a life? Only in America.

*shakes head*

Don't rob houses if you don't want to die....simple logic and common sense people.....

That's an extremely sad commentary on American society.

When people violently force their way into your house, how could you possibly know they only intend robbery? You have to assume the worst because it often is worse. They often rape, beat and kill as well. So would you just sit idly by and allow yourself or your spouse and children to be tied up beaten raped or killed as well?
edit on 5-5-2014 by Deny Arrogance because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 01:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: grandmakdw

She may have been evil, but that carjacker deserved every broken bone he got, he was just lucky she couldn't get to the gun she kept in her glove compartment.

I hope all thieves run into "old ladies" like her when they attempt theft.

That reminds me of my Grandmother, Evil old broad, we used to say hate kept her alive.

She used to keep a baseball bat with nails in it by her bed.

I remember when she passed the family found it and had no clue she had it there, but no one was surprised.

IF someone had broken into her house, well, Lets just say I am sure we would of never heard of it, as she probably would of handled it like the guy in TEXAS, complete with midnight burial.

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 01:03 PM
link   
America is sick....on both sides.....Sigh!

+5 more 
posted on May, 5 2014 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Dear Sir,

*shakes head*

What's the other end of this story? Robbers break in? Robbers pillage and possibly rape? Yea, good for the lady "standing her ground"

That's an extremely sad commentary on American society. - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

No, No it's not. I take it your not American, so I excuse the cross examination of American culture. Lady could have defended herself with a knife, so what' s the difference with a gun?

P.S. "Stand your ground".... I don't need the gov't or any agency to tell me to defend my family, or my life. As a responsible American Citizen, if attacked, house broken into, whatever the case I will defend.

My apologies for coming off A$$~ish but the woman was in her right. Be it Frying pan, Gun, Knife, "Whatever"

Best regards,

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha
One of the major reasons I'm not a criminal is because I don't want to get shot at and killed.

Am I missing something here?

Actions have consequences. People and criminals need to assume responsibility for their actions.

If that's all that stops you from being a criminal then maybe you should consider how morally bankrupt you are?

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 01:06 PM
link   

What should we do? Whip up a batch of Tollhouse cookies and a pitcher of iced tea while they help themselves to our property?

So take a life to preserve property? That's a damn skewed sense of values.

People have a right to defend themselves. Did the woman put 6 rounds in their head or something? Maybe I missed that part..

One or 6 doesn't matter. Dead is dead. They aren't defending themselves. They are defending PROPERTY.

One does not know if they were defending "property" or the life of the elder person. 99% of sneak thief burglars eventually end up victimizing the occupant of the home they are robbing. Now if these two teens were shot while trying to steal a car in the driveway and they were unarmed then that is defense of property with lethal force and I would have to agree with you.

Simply put entering a persons home with ANY nefarious intent should come at no less than risk of life. Entering a home is not just an attack on property as it cost the homeowner years of psychological trauma. Just as my buddies mom is is so afraid to be alone in her own home that can barely sleep. This did not happen until she got robbed twice....

Enter a home and die. That is prevention.

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

One of the major reasons I'm not a criminal is because I don't want to get shot at and killed.

Actions have consequences. People and criminals need to assume responsibility for their actions.

If that's all that stops you from being a criminal then maybe you should consider how morally bankrupt you are?

Nice try, friend. I wrote "One of the major reasons..." ..you know, to emphasize it in a way that even criminals--truly moral bankrupt people--should be able to understand with clarity. In other words, if they have no moral compass, then they should at least be rational about the "I could get shot" part.

If you'd like me to explain in depth why I loathe any criminal and/or unethical behavior, feel free to U2U me. I'll even throw in a long-winded rant of my personal beliefs, morals, virtues, and convictions.

Now please stay on topic.

edit on 5-5-2014 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Sorry, but yet again, I have no sorrow for the kids.....moral of the story is yet again, quit breaking in to houses and you'll live longer.

We are talking about teenage kids who are not fully aware of the consequences of their actions. At this age they are seeking challenges, suspence and their identity. I am not saying these kids did the right thing but they didn't deserve to die. If these were two grown men it would be a different story.

I did some stupid things at that age but turned out well. I bet my mother and rest of the family is happy I wasn't shot dead at 14...These boys will never have the chance to learn and become a good person.

edit on 5/5/2014 by zatara because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 01:12 PM
link   

I am really just tired of all the bleeding hearts on the other side of the story complaining about how robbers don't deserve death.

*shakes head*

Don't rob houses if you don't want to die....simple logic and common sense people.....

Absolutely spot on...

+3 more 
posted on May, 5 2014 @ 01:13 PM
link   

*shakes head*

These boys didnt get shot for being burglars. They were shot because they cornered a person in their own home. That is a threat i am not willing to gamble on. Once a person breaks into my home while i am there, they are no longer a "good" person. I wont take the time to consider whether they may have good intentions. If someone is hungry enough to need to steal from me, i would rather them knock on my door and ask for some food. Otherwise, i consider them a threat.

+7 more 
posted on May, 5 2014 @ 01:13 PM
link   

*shakes head*

Since when are we such a weak kneed society that we will allow someone to steal from us. We toiled, sweat, and bled for the things we have, worked hours, days, weeks and in some cases a lifetime for our possessions, because you're to lazy to earn your own you want to steal mine? You and the people that support this kind of thinking can go to hell, I am not going to stand by and watch thievery happen in my home while I am there and say "hey take it your life is worth more" you have just made yourself a bullet stop.

And at what value do you say it is to much? When they steal a wrist watch, a car, or a home, or a life? I am not going to wait and find out. It would be a sad commentary on American Society if we let this concept drive a new wave of burglaries based on nothing happening to the burglar because our value system is so screwed up.

+16 more 
posted on May, 5 2014 @ 01:15 PM
link   

*shakes head*

What's your address?

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 01:15 PM
link   

While I agree with this, I feel I need to point out that in this type of circumstance it could go beyond the idea of property being at stake and more into these teens are knowingly pushing the boundaries, social, personal, etc by invading other people's homes, where what they do once they enter is an uncertainty, leaving the homeowner with a choice of how far they are willing to let them go with it at that point.

Also uncertain/scared people don't usually make the most sound decisions, especially with little training.

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

If you think anything other than Consequence, either legal, or societal, or philosophy is what is keeping people civil, you are delusional.

Society is a pack of lies agreed upon, only held together by consequences.

Let food get scarce, or staple goods and services fail, and you will see how true that is.

Your stance, comes from living in a world where that has never happened.
edit on 5-5-2014 by benrl because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join