It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trending now.....Two teenage boys shot dead in California during burglary attempt

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+43 more 
posted on May, 5 2014 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Appears this is a trend. Maybe the kids breaking in will start getting the hint.....DON'T BREAK IN TO PEOPLE'S HOUSES!!!!!!

California police are investigating a burglary attempt in which the two suspects -- both teenage boys -- were shot dead while trying to enter a home.

Authorities in Sacramento found Steven Crider, 17, and Michael Sambrano, 14, dead early Sunday morning, Fox 40 reports.

Neighbors told the station that the resident of the home is a widowed elderly woman who has been the victim of several burglaries.

Source

I posted another recent story on this as well....and there was another that the homeowner was convicted of murder in recently.

Sorry, but yet again, I have no sorrow for the kids.....moral of the story is yet again, quit breaking in to houses and you'll live longer.
edit on 5/5/14 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

+39 more 
posted on May, 5 2014 @ 12:21 PM
link   
You break into someones home, with intent to do harm, you are taking your life into your own hands at that point.

They made the choice to Rob the weak, multiple times.

Seems a relative finally got fed up and protected their Elder...

What was that militarized police force for anyway, it certainly doesn't seem to help citizens protection...

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

This sounds familiar.... Is the family of the burglars pushing for more gun control... I read a story of something similiar... Don't have the time to read the source in entirety. MURICA!!! And your right about the morale.

+12 more 
posted on May, 5 2014 @ 12:31 PM
link   

If these kids had pulled this stunt on my wife.
she would have totally gone Oscar Pistorius on those brats!

It really puzzles how so many people believe women are easy pray--- Until they run into the ones that "Stand Their Ground"

Nope, no sorrow from me.

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 12:32 PM
link   
My heart goes out to the to young men and their families, but this is what is to be expected when you enter someones home with ill intent. It frightens me what they may have done to the elderly lady had she been found in the home without her firearm...then my heart would be going out to her and her family. The point is, the choice was made by the two perpetrators, had they made a different choice IE...not breaking and entering there would be no need for any of this and that's the facts...the gun did what it was needed to do because of THEIR choice.

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 12:37 PM
link   
And the sad part is that the one with parents are going to say: He was a good boy, just hung out with the wrong crowd. They should not have shot him, it was wrong, there should be more gun control.

The sad part of this all is that ultimately this is going to play badly all around. From parents and families who refuse to believe that their child could do any wrong, to the community who has to suffer from this. And no one wants to admit that maybe that society has failed. When children commit adult crimes, then perhaps instead of assigning blame or trying to make excuses we should look at ourselves and admit that we do not live in a Utopia and maybe that the very laws and ideas that are used to try to protect children may not be the best in the world. That those who are suppose to be guardians and parents of children are not doing such a great job and perhaps the laws need to be better to reflect and be more supportive of parents to discipline children, that the soft glove approach is not always the best.

And if these 2 children were so thought and looked after, what were they doing out that late?

+17 more 
posted on May, 5 2014 @ 12:39 PM
link   
I am really just tired of all the bleeding hearts on the other side of the story complaining about how robbers don't deserve death. That has been what has been said in all of the other threads of similar stories. They may not deserve it or get that punishment in a court of law, but they are not going to a court of law asking if they can rob a house. Karma came around and wanted its money back.....

Don't rob houses if you don't want to die....simple logic and common sense people.....

+11 more 
posted on May, 5 2014 @ 12:42 PM
link   
One of the major reasons I'm not a criminal is because I don't want to get shot at and killed.

Am I missing something here?

Actions have consequences. People and criminals need to assume responsibility for their actions.

edit on 5-5-2014 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on May, 5 2014 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Link to original story...

Source

And sure enough the "he is a good person" quote came up...

As FOX40 was news gathering, we spotted several people in tears, walking to the scene of the shooting. One of the girls was Ashleigh Davison, Crider’s girlfriend. She and her mother said he was a 17 year-old boy with no parents, had no home, and was in and out of Child Protective Services his entire life.

They believe the system had failed him.

“I don’t blame them for doing what they did,” Ashleigh’s mother, Tracy Webb said about the shooting. “It’s not right to break in and to burglarize people’s homes. No, it’s not. But at the same time, a life has been lost. A life has been taken. I’m sure he and a friend, Michael Sambrano, were doing what they thought they needed to do to survive.”

“He is a good person,” Davison cried. “Was a good person. He was just misunderstood.”

Yeah....he was a good person, who robbed innocent people, and was misunderstood. So did I misunderstand that he robbed an elderly woman? And most likely more than once? Give me a break.

+11 more 
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe
I am really just tired of all the bleeding hearts on the other side of the story complaining about how robbers don't deserve death.

Theft = death? Property is worth more than a life? Only in America.

*shakes head*

Don't rob houses if you don't want to die....simple logic and common sense people.....

That's an extremely sad commentary on American society.

link   
Wrong thread.
edit on 5-5-2014 by CraftBuilder because: (no reason given)

+24 more 
posted on May, 5 2014 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

I am really just tired of all the bleeding hearts on the other side of the story complaining about how robbers don't deserve death.

*shakes head*

What should we do? Whip up a batch of Tollhouse cookies and a pitcher of iced tea while they help themselves to our property?

People have a right to defend themselves. Did the woman put 6 rounds in their head or something? Maybe I missed that part..

edit on 5-5-2014 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

+15 more 
posted on May, 5 2014 @ 12:46 PM
link   

*shakes head*

I grew up with two kids, named Randy and Jesse, broken home, bad upbringing, etc.

When they where freshmen in highschool, they broke into a home of an elderly couple.

Tied them up, robbed them, took their car and boat.

The couple was later found dead, when the Two "boys" left they claimed they tied them up alive.

One is still in jail (the one that was handling the old people, the older of the two).

Actions, carry consequences, YOU can't say what would of happened when they met an Awake old person who didn't want to get robbed.

NOR can I say that they would of been killed like the couple in my example.

WHAT I can say, is the person in the home, was rightfully afraid for her life, and had a right to defend it.

+15 more 
posted on May, 5 2014 @ 12:47 PM
link   

*shakes head*

If you get caught in someone else's house in the act of a robbery....yes, it will often equal death. Not sad, what is sad is that people would defend this type of robbery by saying the person shooting them is the bad one.

If they broke in while nobody was home and got away then good for them....they get caught by police later, maybe, and do some time. If they break in while someone is home, and expect to say "hey....I am only going to rob you, not cause any physical harm" then they are in for a rude awakening at most places, if not all.

These people do not know the persons intent when they come in their home....again....don't break into houses and you won't get shot....pretty simple to understand methinks.

+1 more 
posted on May, 5 2014 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Don't take stuff that isn't yours!

This is entitlement mentality.

Other people have stuff.

People then say, "I want their stuff."

Yet people will kill to protect themselves and their "stuff".

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 12:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: benrl
You break into someones home, with intent to do harm, you are taking your life into your own hands at that point.

They made the choice to Rob the weak, multiple times.

Seems a relative finally got fed up and protected their Elder...

What was that militarized police force for anyway, it certainly doesn't seem to help citizens protection...

You are quite right. The militarized police/TSA/BLM,IRS etc is not for the protection of the citizen or the defenseless, it is for the protection of the government.

There are many sheriffs around the country that openly tell people that the police primary duty is no longer to serve and protect the citizens but to serve and protect the government. They are the ones telling citizens that if they want their home protected, that they have to do it themselves. That is why the progressives and liberals who think big brother always knows best wants to strip citizens of the ability to protect themselves, leaving them at the mercy of a militarized force that only cares about protecting the government.

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha
What should we do? Whip up a batch of Tollhouse cookies and a pitcher of iced tea while they help themselves to our property?

So take a life to preserve property? That's a damn skewed sense of values.

People have a right to defend themselves. Did the woman put 6 rounds in their head or something? Maybe I missed that part..

One or 6 doesn't matter. Dead is dead. They aren't defending themselves. They are defending PROPERTY.

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Stupid children, I hope people start getting the message.

+23 more 
posted on May, 5 2014 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Yep, apparently those two theives were willing to put someone else's property value above that of their own lives. Materialistic suicide wishes are senseless.

+20 more 
posted on May, 5 2014 @ 12:54 PM
link   

So take a life to preserve property? That's a damn skewed sense of values.

Forfeit your life to steal property? That's a damn weak sense of self worth.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join