It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Object Caught In Realtime Impacting The Moon Multiple Times Producing Craters: No Kinetic Energy Di

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 11:39 AM
link   
DarkSkyWatcher74 has captured, in real-time, an object impacting the Moon multiple times, producing craters, without producing any kinetic energy releases. Main stream science wants nothing to do with this observation. Take a look. DarkSkyWatcher74 wants an answer, wants science to explain what happened, and it´s not happening.

There are some serious brains on this forum. I would appreciate all critical input as to what it could be.

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: fockewulf190

Is that the same skywatcher vid that captures birds or bats some suggested flying past the field of view and they claim it impacts the moon?

If so already discussed here

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: InhaleExhale

That thread was about the "fleet" that passed through during filming and is different than this Op.

This Op's video was mentioned within the prior discussion, but wasn't the OP.

I gave up on my thread because it turned into ridicule of DarkskyWatcher and was not productive at all.

The video in the Op is worthy of a fresh discussion.

edit on 5-5-2014 by raedar because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Already posted Here, sorry.
Here is the supposed impact for those that don't want to watch 20 minutes of talking.

edit on 5/5/2014 by Devino because: fixed link

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 11:59 AM
link   

edit on 5-5-2014 by lightedhype because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Watched the clip before commenting.

He caught something hitting and skipping across the surface like a rock skipped on a lake. Interesting.

The one thing he seems certain of is that it isn't a meteor/asteroid etc. He believes it's an "Object" not made of rock.

What he caught is anyone's guess but one can imagine if that thing got through our atmosphere at that angle and skipped across Earth...Wow.

NASA not commenting is the real mystery here.

Nice catch.

Peace

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: raedar

Will watch when I get a chance

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Why not just get a pair of binoculars and see if anything is really there?

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 12:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: jude11

Watched the clip before commenting.

He caught something hitting and skipping across the surface like a rock skipped on a lake. Interesting.

The one thing he seems certain of is that it isn't a meteor/asteroid etc. He believes it's an "Object" not made of rock.

What he caught is anyone's guess but one can imagine if that thing got through our atmosphere at that angle and skipped across Earth...Wow.

NASA not commenting is the real mystery here.

Nice catch.

Peace

Why would NASA comment on a bird or bat silhouetted by the moon? It's not a real object. It would have to be traveling in excess of galactic escape velocity in order to travel that fast across the moon's surface, and it wouldn't just produce a "black spot." Real impacts, even small ones, produce noticeable flashes. One at that velocity would produce the most brilliant flash seen yet. Additionally, there are no new significant craters on the moon, none like he claims to show. I have a comparison photograph I've looked at from the 1940's, I see no differences compared to what the moon's craters looked like during my total eclipse observations.

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 12:22 PM
link   
I have posted on DarkSkyWatcher74´s clip and asked him to participate here. It will be interesting to see if he does and answer some of his critics...especially regarding bats and the like.

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Here is the original Ustream Video.
It looks like a bird or bat to me and I don't see any impact craters left behind.

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Thanks. I wouldn't hold your breath on getting a response from him here on ATS. I'm still waiting for him to respond to this video I created as a response to one of his other recent postings:

He doesn't much like me though, he threatened to sue me back when he started his current "DSW" channel. I got his previous channel shut down after he stole my work and the work of some other astronomers in order to lie and claim Saturn was tilting back and forth at the end of 2012. Aside from just being a classless and dishonest move (he stole our work and claimed it as his own because he did not yet have a camera for his own telescope - which he later admitted), I found it highly irresponsible and dangerous to try to scare people around December 21st, 2012 when gullible people were already expecting the end of the world. Someone might have been set off by that and pulled one of these:
www.dailymail.co.uk...
edit on 5-5-2014 by ngchunter because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 12:56 PM
link   
I haven't got round to watching the clip yet, but NASA not commenting on the alleged impact is not unusual. There are a lot more recorded than people think.

www.nasa.gov...

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 01:02 PM
link   
This guy has definitely caught something of interest! The speed this "object" was going is incredible!
S & F

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: ngchunter

My concern about this siting would be: who else saw it. I believe Crrow777 saw it. I know a lot of folks would love to hear from Bill Bryson, who I feel loves watching and videoing the moon more than anyone I know. The marks / craters left from the impact of this object skipping across the moon were there long after the impact - even on DSW's video. Not sure of the physics involved, but an object that size and going a speed of (?mph) just hitting the top 20 feet or so of the surface, could blow away the surface dust only and not cause enough friction to heat / light from the impact?!?

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Oh dear. Is Terral raising his head again?

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Well said. You will also note that he had to freeze the frame to create the illusion that the speck was a crater. The view goes from "swarming" due to normal atmospheric turbulence to being "fixed." Hoax.

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 02:23 PM
link   
If you zoom up the video to fullscreen, preferably set to HD resolution as well...

You can see that there are tons of black "specks" coming and going constantly, likely due to JPG compression artifacts from the video.

That one speck which appears is not any different than the dozens/hundreds of other specks appearing you can clearly see.

Then...that one speck which he calls "crater" appears..and he seems to STOP the footage. Why? Because if the footage continues you would clearly see that the speck would disappear again, as do the other specks. You can see the hilarity of his claim simply watching other parts of the moon and all the compression artifacts/coming and going.

Total bunk in my opinion.

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Staroth

This guy has definitely caught something of interest!
I also find bats and birds interesting, even more so when they are caught on video silhouetting the Moon through a telescope.

The speed this "object" was going is incredible!
More like unbelievable. That is if you think this object is near the Moon. Seeing as how this is probably a bird and much closer to the Earth then the relative speed isn’t that great. Here is one estimate form ATS member Rob48 that puts it more into perspective.

Well from what I can see on this dreadful video it is crossing the apparent diameter of the moon in three or four seconds.

So that's what, about 1,000km per second, give or take, or about 2 million miles per hour.

.... or alternatively, a bird a few thousand feet up going at a few tens of mph
Then given the fact that no new craters have been spotted on the Moon really seals the deal on the debunking of this YouTube video.

My own estimate of the object's crossing is more like 6 seconds, give or take. I came up with a speed of 360 miles per second or nearly 1.3 million miles an hour. Notice how meteors/comets are normally observed moving at tens of thousands of miles per hour, not millions. “Galactic escape velocity” is a nice description I think.
edit on 5/5/2014 by Devino because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: fockewulf190
DarkSkyWatcher74 has captured, in real-time, an object impacting the Moon multiple times, producing craters, without producing any kinetic energy releases.

An impact by its very nature is kinetic energy. This is nothing more than a joke. UFO hoaxers have moved on to astronomy hoax videos.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join