It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Supreme Court Ruling: Atheists Lose...Again.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 03:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickynews
a reply to: rickynews

Atheists despise God, and the mere mention of His name.

They can hardly stand the words:
"God Bless America"
"Under God"
"In God We Trust"
"God Shed His Grace on Thee"
"God Bless the U.S.A."
"Glory Glory Hallelujah"

In other words, they despise the countless traditions that America was both founded on, and that which most all Americans grew up learning and enjoying, including but not limited to:

The Pledge of Allegiance
The Declaration of Independence
The Battle Hymn of the Republic
America the Beautiful

In reality, the whole atheistic agenda and debate is over. God wins. Again.

You may want to brush up on your history. At the time our nation was starting the word God didn't appear on either our money or the pledge of allegiance. This is how the pledge is supposed to go.

God is mentioned five times in the declaration but it in no way refers to a God of what religion.
And God didn't win because he/she/it didn't bring this to court people who believe in the constitution brought this to court. But it is no surprise that the fascist we have on the supreme court would strike it down because they have a habit of going against the constitution and going against what the founders wanted.
Besides if prayer is so important to these people then why not just have the prayer after the meeting? That way the people that don't want to be involved don't have to listen to some religious rhetoric.

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

From my POV, your argument is trollish and of a design rooted in opportunistic interpretation just because you can't win fairly and democratically. The vast majority in this country would be happy with this ruling.

Yet YOU are stirring up a crap storm because you say "no fair".

Excuse me while I amuse myself a bit.

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

If you believe in Religious Freedom, than you should applaud the Supreme Court's ruling today - since all of us, including our elected local, state and federal officials, have the solemn right to say a prayer prior to conducting the people's business.

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Damn skippy ricky.

They too are citizens, and the prayer in question is FOR LAWMAKERS. Not the audience.

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

Whatever troll. This isn't about POV as far as trollness goes.

You're the one making posts like "Waaa Waaa, sniffle...." etc. That's why you're a troll. Because rather than actually debating the topics and information being given you make stupid personal attacks and remarks like that. Grow up and come back when you're balls have dropped and maybe we can talk. Until then, I don't care what you have to say anymore because you are obviously not here to have a conversation at all.

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: tadaman

Damn skippy ricky.

They too are citizens, and the prayer in question is FOR LAWMAKERS. Not the audience.

Yah, well those LAWMAKERS are there to represent THE PEOPLE not just themselves!!!

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 03:40 PM
link   

While I enjoy talking about myself, please stay on topic and try not to feed the trolls as they say.

You could address my points or cop out by making this about me.

My argument stands...what do you have to say? "I don't like your tone"?

LOL.

Way to go champ. Reason and debate are your forte.

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickynews
]

Atheists aren't celebrating the decision, that's for sure. If Jews want to pray as well, at least in these United States of America, they are free to do so.

Personally I don't even care about this decision. Oh and I'm an atheist btw.

But going further the ruling did say that the prayers are "ceremonial" which means that no one really wins in this case.

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 03:41 PM
link   

And they did for the vast majority.

So again, you should celebrate that even though you disagree, as a proponent of democracy and advocate for a majority of people deciding how their world operates....and not a few for most..

even when you disagree and form part of the minority it should be your victory ad well.

edit on 5 5 2014 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Winners and losers of this ruling should sit the heck back and think about the implications here!

As stated back (@ 100 pages ago) I was for the ruling, but did not like how it went along ideological lines.

It did NOT come about as a ruling based upon Constitutional interpretation.

If it had, the ones who voted against it would not have been liberal, and the ones who voted for it would not have been conservative.

Those who are for the ruling; better enjoy it. Because one of these days it'll be a liberal court and they won't be interpreting the Constitution, they will be pushing an agenda!

Those who are against the ruling; pay close attention. You'll get your turn, but if you want to continue this ideological divide, then keep up the division.

Actually that goes for both sides, 'cause folks, either way you slice it, we're in for a world of hurt!

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 03:44 PM
link   
listening to all these arguments make me laugh cause i bet your asses if i stood up in that meeting before it started and yelled prayers to ALAH, I'd probably get shot, tackled or removed from that room, specially if i was brown. why cause most you idiots are scared of what you don't get, kinda like I'm scared of you cause i don't get your imaginary friends, sry but when I'm doing something like a town hall meeting or courtroom proceeding last thing i want it to find out half the people supposedly dictating what could be my life... are quite literally my definition of insane.. pray all you want, idc, just don't expect the rest of the world to stop for you.

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 03:45 PM
link   

No.... It is not.
If anything it is a catholic nation as that religion was the majority for far longer then "Christianity" was.

Most people here are christian.

You seem to be stuck at this myth so i don't see a point of going any further...

There can be anything in any number....but traditionally and still today...we are mostly christian, speak a certain language, have a certain ideology as far as justice and law, and think in a similar manner.

Again... not true....
Every heard of the melting pot that made this nation so great? I know you were taught that in school

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Catholics and Protestants are both Christians. Please look up the concept behind DENOMINATIONS...

LOL

And we were founded by followers of the church of England who always held the larger number of.followers.

The Catholic push came with the massive Irish immigration much later...

Yes I heard of the melting pot. I Love our cultural diversity and brain storming from all POVs. Doesn't change the fact that mostly we have similar ideas as far as religion. Sorry.

Count.

edit on 5 5 2014 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 04:01 PM
link   

First and foremost, the United States of America is a republic. Our bases of our laws are dictated by the constitution not by the majority. Mob rule has never been the source of American laws. "Majority Rule" is for the playground not for the country.

We are not a Christian nation, not because of a Christian majority, but because the United States isn't a religious institution or a theocracy, yet.

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Catholics and Protestants are both Christians.

If only it was as black and white as that huh.
While I agree with you that they are all one in the same, they sure as heck don't liked to lumped in the same group.

I Love our cultural diversity and brain storming from all POVs. Doesn't change the fact that mostly we have similar ideas as far as religion. Sorry.

And I am sorry that this is the single reason why I believe to say we have a single majority mindset on something like religion is not possible and is only achieved with flawed polls or studies with a predetermined outcome in mide

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 04:19 PM
link   

"The poor and sorry Atheists…they just can’t seem to square and force their God-less agenda onto the rest of American society. "

Force our godless agenda onto you? What the f** is wrong with you lady. It was a case concerning a MANDATORY Christian prayer in a government building, and you accuse your opponents of trying to stuff THEIR beliefs down YOUR throat?!

Well what the f*** I guess, after all; Money is speech, corporations are people (and BETTER people than you with limited liabilities), racism isn't real (or it only happens to white people), rape is impossible (because they can shut that whole thing down), blah blah BLAH.

Would you like to contribute to this assault of Orwellian language upon free society, or shall we just skip all that and go to f***ing war with Eurasia?

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

"If only it was as black and white as that huh.
While I agree with you that they are all one in the same, they sure as heck don't liked to lumped in the same group. "

You mean, like, the Republican Party?

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: jessejamesxx
a reply to: Unity_99

That is a great point. These militant Christian types would be upset if the same thing that happened in Europe happened here. Imagine how mad they'd be if that prayer was based in a religion that wasn't their own.

Are you suggesting that having a race displacement over the western nations is a payback to something.

Western nations are amongst the most advanced free thinkers who support equality and freedoms world wide.

Their leaders, and all the other leaders including in the suppressed nations, maybe not, they all seem to conspire against humanity each and every day.

But the people are really good overall. And going on about moralities or drugs, or women, when the other countries have the most atrocious human rights record, prostitution and child prostitution going, the shoe fits on the other side far more even.

Now, suggesting this is a payback. Oh so, Saudi Arabia, other middle eastern nations, and eastern nations are suddenly seeing a race replacement where foreigners with accents (lets say a bunch of UK speaking whites) suddenly took over all their service jobs, restaurant jobs, banking jobs, public works jobs, policing jobs, in the last 3 years.

No they didn't.

There is no comparison nor is it a payback for being a good person overall, who doesnt cut off people's heads and hands or stone them to death and abuse their women and children.

The race replacemnt is simply TREASON.

The royal families hate the progressing, free and equal world, and human rights, hate people having medical advancements and soaring over their satanic heads. They want to put the world back hundreds or even thousands of years into horribly primitive conditions while they scoot off to mars for the day in deluxe crafts like gods.

And we don't want any prayers in public duties.
edit on 5-5-2014 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 04:32 PM
link   

"...The vast majority in this country would be happy with this ruling.
Yet YOU are stirring up a crap storm because you say "no fair".
Excuse me while I amuse myself a bit..."

This can easily interpreted as a defense of cultural relativism, a ideology that one agrees with until they come across someone doing something very very wrong. The wording of your comment is also unambiguous, in that it could easily be a defense of ANY popular evil.

Equal pay for Equal work?
The vast majority in this country would be happy with this ruling. Yet YOU are stirring up a crap storm because you say "no fair".

Legal discrimination of sexual preference?
The vast majority in this country would be happy with this ruling. Yet YOU are stirring up a crap storm because you say "no fair".

How about slavery?

You may be amusing yourself with semantics and loop speak (circular reasoning on steroids) because, either you fancy yourself a contrarian and disagree for the vindication, or are ethically stunted. But you certainly are not amusing those of us with formal educations. We cringe when we read your comments, the same way Einstein would cringe when critiquing a math formula compiled by a deranged howler monkey.

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 04:33 PM
link   
It appears that they are on state pay while they are praying? If that is correct this is wrong and clearly against the Constitution. sure it is great, the Atheists lost "yay" (sarcasm) but they are only growing in numbers and if majority rules....well then what?

I am a friend to the Christians but I see the larger implications in this and it is bad for us all. What happens when the majority changes? Atheists and Satanists are only growing in numbers, if the Supreme court no longer follows the Constitution than the same work around that was used today will be used in the future for the next majority.

The men who wrote our perfect Constitution were smart and practical men, they knew they had to go further than just allowing the freedom to practice a religion. They needed also to establish a government that would favor no religion above the other, such as how the British Monarch had done. And nos the Supreme Court.

I know that I am typically against anything Atheist I find many of them to be spiteful and hateful and lacking in morals but what the Supreme Court just did was say "screw the law, majority rules" come on now. all we did was make it easier for the Atheists to get their way
edit on 5-5-2014 by brandiwine14 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join