Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

U.S. Supreme Court Ruling: Atheists Lose...Again.

page: 35
<< 32  33  34   >>

join

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 08:18 AM
link   
a reply to: rickynews

THERE IS NO LINK, CAUSATIVE, OR OTHERWISE!

your entire argument is "because i saw a few seamstresses drinking kool-aid, this means....um....PUMPKIN!"

the entirety of your argument is INSANE....it relies on correlation proving causation, which it doesn't....

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 08:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Daedalus

your entire argument is "because i saw a few seamstresses drinking kool-aid, this means....um....PUMPKIN!"

the entirety of your argument is INSANE....it relies on correlation proving causation, which it doesn't....

IMO, Atheism is in and of itself, the definition of Extreme Narrowism and totally Closed Minded.

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 08:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickynews

IMO, Atheism is in and of itself, the definition of Extreme Narrowism and totally Closed Minded.

You have posted this on another thread.

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 08:34 AM
link   

atheism doesn't fit into the context of a "doctrine", because it's not a taught position.

as far as i know, atheists don't go door to door, waking people up, to pass out pamphlets about how there's no god....

atheism isn't an ideology, it's a personal, individual belief....

i believe you keep trying to link it to communism, because that's the only way it could be legitimately classes as an ideology, is if it's bundled in with a legitimate ideology..

History and reality have linked Communism and Atheism. I have just been pointing it out.

No you have been implying that all atheist are communist. Because if you weren't implying this then there would be no need for your constant Christianity needs to be in our government spiel.

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Unlike the open mindedness of the religious people who believe that if you don't follow their religion you will burn in hell.

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 09:05 AM
link   

You know what wold happen if you open your mind too much??

Your brain will fall out...

Song otherwise known as 'Take my wife' due to copyright issues...

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 09:35 AM
link   

why? because it's not in line with your way of thinking?

so much for that freedom to believe as we like....funny, that..

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 11:22 AM
link   

We all have the Freedom, and Free Will, to believe want we want to believe. That's not even in question. What is in question is what we choose, or not choose, to believe in. That is the question...To be, or not to be...

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 11:24 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 11:25 AM
link   

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 11:46 AM
link   

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 11:51 AM
link   

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 11:57 AM
link   

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Why??? People please dont ruin this, it is interesting to find out other people opinion, i have my idea but i can always learn something, our at least exchange points of view in a CIVILIZED way!!

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 04:59 PM
link   

that is a crap answer...you're gonna need to do better than this....

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 07:32 PM
link   

The "ball" here is the whacked ideology of Atheism. Nothing I post is intended personally to anyone, any Atheists or otherwise. Going after the ball of Atheism as an ideology is fair play. If you are an Atheist, and are somehow offended with my comments about the ideology of Atheism itself, and those who throughout history have bowed at the altar of Atheistic ideology, then you are mixing the two, not me.

“You believe in a book that has talking animals, wizards, witches, demons, sticks turning into snakes, burning bushes, food falling from the sky, people walking on water, and all sorts of magical, absurd and primitive stories, and you say that we are the ones that need help?”

-- Mark Twain

Nothing personal, you know......
Just another atheist that's not a communist

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 10:18 PM
link   

We all have the Freedom, and Free Will, to believe want we want to believe. That's not even in question. What is in question is what we choose, or not choose, to believe in. That is the question...To be, or not to be...

There's no question in that at all. A person either chooses or doesn't. An atheist has - for whatever reason - selected not to choose because they do not believe a choice exists. Unless you were applying Shakespeare's intended meaning, in which case it's technically allowable but a pointless waste of words - much like this post.

I'm sure you have already considered and declared heretic the militant good housekeeping of what you consider to be the oxymoronic religious atheists who in reality more than likely seek at least a balance in the value of certain beliefs and practices in their government structure. But, that's neither here nor there because with all that free will you believe a god gave you, you can think what you like.

I don't applaud your refusal to shift your steadfast indignation or accept the vast amount of logic, reason and factual information which has been presented to you in this thread because I personally find stubbornly clutching to beliefs that hold me back to be a negative experience, but everyone is different.

top topics

<< 32  33  34   >>

join