It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Supreme Court Ruling: Atheists Lose...Again.

page: 34
<< 31  32  33    35 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 08:27 AM
link   
The father of Communism, Karl Marx said:
"Communism begins from the outset with atheism...

Vladimir Lenin similarly wrote regarding atheism and communism: "A Marxist must be a materialist, i. e., an enemy of religion, but a dialectical materialist, i. e., one who treats the struggle against religion not in an abstract way, not on the basis of remote, purely theoretical, never varying preaching, but in a concrete way, on the basis of the class struggle which is going on in practice and is educating the masses more and better than anything else could."

...In the atheistic and communist Soviet Union, 44 anti religious museums were opened and the largest was the 'The Museum of the History of Religion and Atheism' in Leningrad’s Kazan cathedral. Despite intense effort by the atheistic leaders of the Soviet Union, their efforts were not effective in converting the masses to atheism.

China is a communist country that is also officially atheistic. In 1999, the publication Christian Century reported that "China has persecuted religious believers by means of "harassment, prolonged detention, and incarceration in prison or `reform-through-labor' camps and police closure of places of worship."

In 2003, owners of Bibles in China were sent to prison camps and 125 Chinese churches were closed. China continues to practice religious oppression today. According to Asian Economic News, in 2004 the atheistic and communist government of China had an internal document which directed the Chinese media to promote atheism, instructed internet media to remove user comments that advocate alternative spiritual views, and called for a ban on publications that disseminate religious material out of step with Marxism or atheism. The efforts of China's atheist leaders in promoting atheism, however, is increasing losing its effectiveness and the number of Christians in China is explosively growing.

information source: topix.com

Based upon an objective analysis of world history, one can accurately conclude that Atheism and Communism are intrinsically and fundamentally linked. One feeds off the other, and both need each other to effectively indoctrinate and control the masses. Just as Communism continues its downward spiral into the trash bin of history, so will its close relative surely Atheism follow.

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Does that means that all atheist are communist, or its just his opinion that atheist would make better communist?

IMHO, you are grasping for straws in this topic, while leading it into another derailment...

Please stay on topic, it is not communism or atheism, but rule that will allow that meeting can start with muslim prayer for example, if majority of members are Muslim. As I said earlier, I can't wait to see that religion tolerance at work... as someone showed already from example back in 2006 I believe...

I am sure that soon after that Supreme Court will have to make additional changes to law...

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 08:46 AM
link   
a reply to: SuperFrog

Here are some more direct quotes attributed to the heroes of Atheism, who also are Communists...

"Atheism is the natural and inseparable part of Communism.” Vladimir Lenin.

“We must hate. Hatred is the basis of Communism.” Vladimir Lenin

“Hatred is an element of the struggle, a relentless hatred of the enemy…transforming him into an effective, violent and selective, cold blooded killing machine. A people without hatred cannot vanquish a brutal enemy.” Che Guevare.

“I wish to avenge myself against the One who rules above.” Karl Marx.

“The hellish vapours rise and fill the brain, till I go mad and my heart is utterly changed. See this sword? The prince of darkness sold it to me.” Karl Marx.

“With disdain I will throw my gauntlet full in the fact of the world and see the collapse of this pygmy giant… Then will I wander god-like and victorious through the ruins of the world. And giving my words an active force, I will feel equal to the Creator.” Karl Marx

“Karl Marx is a monster possessed by ten thousand devils.” Frederick Engels.

Karl Marx “had the devil’s view of the world and the devil’s malignity. Sometimes he seemed to know that he was accomplishing the works of evil.” Robert Payne (a friend of Karl Marx).

“We do not fight against believers and not even clergymen. WE FIGHT AGAINST GOD to snatch believers from Him.” Velchernaia Moskva (a Marxist newspaper).

The slogan of the Soviets in their early days was: “Let us drive out the Capitalists from the earth, and God from Heaven.”

“The World has never before known a godlessness as organised, miltarised and tenaciously malevolent as that preached by Marxism. Within the philosophical system of Marx and Lenin and at the heart of their psychology, HATRED OF GOD is the principle driving force, more fundamental than all their political and economic pretensions.

Militant atheism is not merely incidental or marginal to Communist policy; it is not a side effect, but the central pivot.
To achieve its diabolical ends, Communism needs to control a population devoid of religious and national feeling, and this entails a destruction of faith and nationhood. Communists proclaim both of these objectives openly, and just as openly put them into practice.” Alexander Solzhenitsyn

informational source: www.frontline.org.za...

How conveniently ignorant it is that most Atheists want to run from the reality of their Atheist-Communist ideology. They seem to want desperately to separate Atheism from Communism, but the truth, reality and facts always get in their way.

As already proven, there is no question of the interconnection between Atheism and Communism.

IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS
MOD NOTE: Posting work written by others

edit on Thu May 15 2014 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Again, it is only in your head that atheism means communism as well.

This, as many other misconception is what you can learn at fox news.

I strongly suggest you really try to learn something about atheism, for example from Sam Harris who nicely explains about common misconception about atheism, and try to understand that topic is not communism, but another supreme court ruling.

Ever heard the phrase - go after ball, not players??
edit on 15-5-2014 by SuperFrog because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 09:04 AM
link   
a reply to: SuperFrog

He's posting the same comments in different threads. How very classy of him. He knows nothing about atheists. I really do think that he's clinging to what some authority figure in his past has told him, so he can't let it go. He's convinced that 'Atheism = ebil stinky comm'nists!!!' and reality doesn't stand a chance in there.

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 09:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: SuperFrog

I strongly suggest you really try to learn something about atheism, for example from Sam Harris who nicely explains about common misconception about atheism, and try to understand that topic is not communism, but another supreme court ruling.

The "ball" here is the whacked ideology of Atheism. Nothing I post is intended personally to anyone, any Atheists or otherwise. Going after the ball of Atheism as an ideology is fair play. If you are an Atheist, and are somehow offended with my comments about the ideology of Atheism itself, and those who throughout history have bowed at the altar of Atheistic ideology, then you are mixing the two, not me.
edit on 15-5-2014 by rickynews because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 09:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickynews

The "ball" here is the whacked ideology of Atheism. Nothing I post is intended personally to anyone, any Atheists or otherwise. Going after the ball of Atheism as an ideology is fair play. If you are an Atheist, and are somehow offended with my comments about Atheism itself, then you are mixing the two, not me.

Right. You say that you're not going after atheists but then you mention the 'whacked ideology of atheism', whatever that means. Atheism is not an ideology. It is a lack of ideology. It is the conviction that god does not exist and that religions need to be left by the wayside of humanity. This is a very simple concept.

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 09:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: AngryCymraeg

originally posted by: rickynews

The "ball" here is the whacked ideology of Atheism. Nothing I post is intended personally to anyone, any Atheists or otherwise. Going after the ball of Atheism as an ideology is fair play. If you are an Atheist, and are somehow offended with my comments about Atheism itself, then you are mixing the two, not me.

Right. You say that you're not going after atheists but then you mention the 'whacked ideology of atheism', whatever that means. Atheism is not an ideology. It is a lack of ideology. It is the conviction that god does not exist and that religions need to be left by the wayside of humanity. This is a very simple concept.

The belief and "idea" that God does not exist, by definition, is indeed an ideology.
Perhaps defining both the terms Atheism and Ideology will be helpful…

Definition of Atheism:
1. the doctrine or belief that there is no God.
2. disbelief in the existence of a supreme being or beings.

Definition of ideology:
1. the body of doctrine, myth, belief, etc., that guides an individual, social movement, institution, class, or large group.
2. such a body of doctrine, myth, etc., with reference to some political and social plan, as that of fascism, along with the devices for putting it into operation.
3.Philosophy
the study of the nature and origin of ideas.
a system that derives ideas exclusively from sensation.

Source: dictionary.com

edit on 15-5-2014 by rickynews because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 09:33 AM
link   
a reply to: rickynews

You're double posting again. Classy. Here's that page again.

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Bitxushanty

Atheist

a·the·ist [ey-thee-ist]

noun

a person who denies or disbelieves the existence of a supreme being or beings.

i'm just sayin'...

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 09:52 AM
link   

it's clear that you can't seem to wrap your head around the fact that, while, perhaps, you must be an atheist to be a communist, you don't hafta be a communist, to be an atheist......

the two are not necessarily, or always synonymous with each other....yet you still continue to insist that all atheists are communists, despite evidence to the contrary, including a whole mess of members here, who are atheists, but not communists...

it's very tiresome..

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 10:00 AM
link   

atheism doesn't fit into the context of a "doctrine", because it's not a taught position.

as far as i know, atheists don't go door to door, waking people up, to pass out pamphlets about how there's no god....

atheism isn't an ideology, it's a personal, individual belief....

i believe you keep trying to link it to communism, because that's the only way it could be legitimately classes as an ideology, is if it's bundled in with a legitimate ideology..

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bitxushanty
a reply to: captaintyinknots
I'am not an atheist, but i also do not believe in god (Cristan) i was baptised when i was a baby. And there is something about your (US) way to do things implying god on it. For instance you go to court you have to swear before god, in a contract with a bank you have god as witness, in any kinf of contract you have god as witness. I would not acept this if i had to go to court in US, i would ask god to show himself, since he was going to be my witness. This is very wrong, when somenone swears it's the true before god, wich god are you talking about? I would never sign a document were god is witness, this is unreal for me, since religion is something spiritual how can it be used like this?
Well i never saw god, but i've seen an ufo, believe more in ufo's than in god, so can make a contract and use an ufo as witness?

Sorry i dont mean to be rude, i just dont understand it, because it goes against people freedom, how people admit this, that god agrees with our laws, god agrees with this contract, but did he sign?

Im with you 100%. Though I look at it like this....swearing to something I dont believe in doesnt mean a whole lot, does it?

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 02:37 PM
link   
A quote from Marx is given above in a partial and misleading form. Here is the complete quote from the essay
Private Property and Communism

"Communism begins from the outset with atheism; but atheism is at first far from being communism; indeed, that atheism is still mostly an abstraction."

Most of what Marx writes is extremely philosophical and dense. Here, he is basically saying what others have noted above, that the philosophical communism begins with atheism (that is there is the assumption that only the material world is real) but that atheism (a lack of belief in gods) is not, per se, communism.

Cherry-picking quotes here and there only has the appearance of proving a point.

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Further there is only a need for a world like "atheism" within a culture in which religion and theism is deeply embedded.

For example, most adults don't have to clarify that we are a-unicornists or a-santaclausians because both we and the culture-at-large are fully aware that unicorns and Santa Clause are merely make-believe.

Atheism is not a belief ... it is the release from a belief.

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 06:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
A quote from Marx is given above in a partial and misleading form. Here is the complete quote from the essay
Private Property and Communism

"Communism begins from the outset with atheism; but atheism is at first far from being communism; indeed, that atheism is still mostly an abstraction."

Most of what Marx writes is extremely philosophical and dense. Here, he is basically saying what others have noted above, that the philosophical communism begins with atheism (that is there is the assumption that only the material world is real) but that atheism (a lack of belief in gods) is not, per se, communism.

Cherry-picking quotes here and there only has the appearance of proving a point.

For some reason the link above is borked ... not sure what the issue is:

Here is a text of the link: www.marxists.org/archive/marx/works/1844/manu.comm.htm

edit on 18Thu, 15 May 2014 18:20:08 -050014p062014566 by Gryphon66 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 08:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Daedalus I believe in aliens and for me they are supreme beings

I believe in the sun that creates life on earth, i believe in the natural cicles, from the very small ones, to the ones that rule the universe. But i do not believe in god! Hooo and i'm not comunist hahahhahahaha
edit on 1205331xu0108pm531 by Bitxushanty because: Bad English writing

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 07:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Daedalus

it's clear that you can't seem to wrap your head around the fact that, while, perhaps, you must be an atheist to be a communist, you don't hafta be a communist, to be an atheist......

the two are not necessarily, or always synonymous with each other....yet you still continue to insist that all atheists are communists, despite evidence to the contrary, including a whole mess of members here, who are atheists, but not communists...

it's very tiresome..

You should read my prior posts. I have not continued to say all atheists are communists. I have consistently linked the ideology and beliefs of the two, but have not categorically said "all".

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 08:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Daedalus

atheism doesn't fit into the context of a "doctrine", because it's not a taught position.

as far as i know, atheists don't go door to door, waking people up, to pass out pamphlets about how there's no god....

atheism isn't an ideology, it's a personal, individual belief....

i believe you keep trying to link it to communism, because that's the only way it could be legitimately classes as an ideology, is if it's bundled in with a legitimate ideology..

History and reality have linked Communism and Atheism. I have just been pointing it out.

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 08:05 AM
link   
ricky, firstly you linked something that does not make a sense at all as you can be atheist without being communist, while mostly you can't be communist without being atheist (not completely true either as communism has not much to do with belief system), now you trying to say you don't mean all atheist are communist...

I just wonder if even you know what you are trying to say...

You've been pointed at fallacy in your statements, continued repetition what you have already said will not make it true.

Sorry, but as you've seen - you've been wrong all along...

new topics

top topics

<< 31  32  33    35 >>

join