It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Supreme Court Ruling: Atheists Lose...Again.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickynews

originally posted by: jessejamesxx
a reply to: Unity_99

That is a great point. These militant Christian types would be upset if the same thing that happened in Europe happened here. Imagine how mad they'd be if that prayer was based in a religion that wasn't their own.

News Flash: America is not Europe, nor even like Europe. Never has been, and never will be. Of this, we all can be thankful.

you are right on that, there simply haven't been enough Americans killed by religious extremists to have the same effect that it had on Europe. but, give it time.
edit on 5-5-2014 by jimmyx because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: rickynews i liked you post! ........ it sounds like hens picking # to me .....nothing more and im sure they'll be back, =<

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 12:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: StallionDuck
I'm with you guys..

Why in the world should it bother anyone that I want to pray? Is there fear that lightning bolts will come down and smash them? Do they think I will convert them against their will just because I pray? I don't care if they don't pray, so why should anyone care if I do? They'll just laugh and snub me anyways for my beliefs, so why force me to not to do something I'm not forcing them to do?

This is so damn silly... and they call christians crazy and overbearing.
Well. Would it bother you if these officials wanted to pray to Allah, or what if they wanted to pray to Satan? I personally dont want these people who are serving a variety of cultures as an official representative to make any decisions based on any faith. I want them to make decisions based on hard and current data. To allow prayer into the office is to allow all prayer into the office.

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 12:53 PM
link   
what i want to know is how do these extremist atheists think that they can use the first amendment which is meant to protect expression of thought, speech and belief; to silence people for that very thing?

do they not comprehend what "protect" expression or thought means? it doesn't mean to silence one group over another just because that group believes something else, yet these atheists presume to do exactly that.

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx

originally posted by: jessejamesxx
a reply to: Unity_99

That is a great point. These militant Christian types would be upset if the same thing that happened in Europe happened here. Imagine how mad they'd be if that prayer was based in a religion that wasn't their own.

News Flash: America is not Europe, nor even like Europe. Never has been, and never will be. Of this, we all can be thankful.

you are right on that, there simply haven't been enough Americans killed by religious extremists to have the same effect that it had on Europe. but, give it time.

Religious Extremism is one thing, and Religious Freedom is quite another.

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: namehere
what i want to know is how do these extremist atheists think that they can use the first amendment which is meant to protect expression of thought, speech and belief; to silence people for that very thing?

do they not comprehend what "protect" expression or thought means? it doesn't mean to silence one group over another just because that group believes something else, yet these atheists presume to do exactly that.

Atheism, by its very nature and non-belief, is a paradox, and always leads to a Dead End.

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Woodcarver

I totally agree, this hurts EVERYONE. There is a reason we have (had) separation of church and state. Everyone is fine with this as long as it Christian prayer and as long as they are in the majority. How long before participation becomes mandatory? What happens when you are not the majority anymore? I think it is sad and even more sad that it is being promoted and encouraged by people who don't understand the this nations history and the reasons why rules were put in place to prevent it in the first place.

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 01:05 PM
link   
First step into making the USA a Christian theocracy? eeeek!! Hope not
Separation of Church and state should be the cornerstone of modern Governments...pity you took a step back

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: rickynews

Atheists despise God, and the mere mention of His name.

They can hardly stand the words:
"God Bless America"
"Under God"
"In God We Trust"
"God Shed His Grace on Thee"
"God Bless the U.S.A."
"Glory Glory Hallelujah"

In other words, they despise the countless traditions that America was both founded on, and that which most all Americans grew up learning and enjoying, including but not limited to:

The Pledge of Allegiance
The Declaration of Independence
The Battle Hymn of the Republic
America the Beautiful

In reality, the whole atheistic agenda and debate is over. God wins. Again.

edit on 5-5-2014 by rickynews because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-5-2014 by rickynews because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 01:07 PM
link   

It's not just atheists that support freedom from religion. Lots of religious leaders including Christian groups vocally support a very strong wall between Church and State.

Furthermore atheists aren't always communist and communists aren't always atheist.

I would have no problem with this ruling if all religions were required to be represented through prayer, ceremony, blessing at the start of every legislative session. Two hours of prayer can't be less productive than what they do anyway. But we all know that will never happen. Only Christianity will be represented by US/State Government.

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Which God?

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Religious Extremism is one thing, and Religious Freedom is quite another.

Yeah. Too bad that Extremists are allowed to push their agendas by just yelling "Freedom" and nobody seems to know the difference.

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 01:13 PM
link   

whatever, i have no issue if someone doesn't believe in god because i used to not believe myself and i still question what i believe constantly, but i have a problem when people attempt to use the constitution to destroy itself and oppress others just to satisfy their own belief or opinion.

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Atheism, by its very nature and non-belief, is a paradox, and always leads to a Dead End.

Really??? Mind explaining exactly how it's a paradox and/or Dead end???

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

It's not just atheists that support freedom from religion. Lots of religious leaders including Christian groups vocally support a very strong wall between Church and State.

Furthermore atheists aren't always communist and communists aren't always atheist.

I would have no problem with this ruling if all religions were required to be represented through prayer, ceremony, blessing at the start of every legislative session. Two hours of prayer can't be less productive than what they do anyway. But we all know that will never happen. Only Christianity will be represented by US/State Government.

Although it can be said that "not all Atheists are always Communists", there is unquestionably a direct connection between Communism and Atheism.

Here is an enlightening video:

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Funny how the Theists seemed to skip over your question, isn't it???

I think we both know why that is though.

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

do you mind telling me how prayer at a court or wherever is in any way letting the church dictate the law?

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Atheists despise God, and the mere mention of His name.

Not if they are truly atheists because there is nothing to despise. They don't despise God anymore than they do Fairies or Gobblins or any other mythical entity.

They can hardly stand the words:
"God Bless America"
"Under God"
"In God We Trust"
"God Shed His Grace on Thee"
"God Bless the U.S.A."
"Glory Glory Hallelujah"

In other words, they despise the countless traditions that America was both founded on, and that which most all Americans grew up learning and enjoying, including but not limited to:

The Pledge of Allegiance
The Declaration of Independence
The Battle Hymn of the Republic
America the Beautiful

In reality, the whole atheistic agenda and debate is over. God wins. Again.

Founded on??? Really??? Pay attention to the dates for the following...

"God Bless America" is an American patriotic song written by Irving Berlin in 1918 and revised by him in 1938.
The last change in language came on Flag Day 1954 when the words "under God" were added
"In God we trust" first appeared on U.S. coins in 1864[3] and has appeared on paper currency since 1957.
"God Bless the USA" is an American patriotic song written and recorded by country music artist Lee Greenwood, and is considered to be his signature song. The first album it appears on is 1984's You've Got a Good Love Comin'.
edit on 5-5-2014 by mOjOm because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 01:26 PM
link   

very well, if it's fair to all then let them pray to whoever they want, wherever they want and whenever they want.

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 01:27 PM
link   

You are obviously far too brain washed to be rational about anything.
Enjoy your Christian Theocracy.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join