It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Supreme Court Ruling: Atheists Lose...Again.

page: 29
<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: rickynews

Nobody can put food on the table with GDP $ credits or percentages (%'s).

edit on 11-5-2014 by rickynews because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: AngryCymraeg

originally posted by: rickynews

originally posted by: boymonkey74

give it a couple of generations and you will find religion will die off.
Already happening in the western world.

There is no evidence to support your claim that "religion will die off". At best, it is wishful thinking by God-less atheists
who long for the world of communist rule and tyrannical government - perpetuated by the likes of their heroes, including but not limited to Karl Marx, Joseph Stalin, Kim Jong IL, Pol Pot, Napoleon Bonaparte, among others - all of whom have wound up in the trash bin of world history.

We have clashed on this point before. I'm going to repeat it now: atheists are not all communists. Atheists have exactly the same wide spectrum of political beliefs that religious people hold to.

And I agree, not all atheists are communists. At the same time, communism is based in large part to atheistic ideology.

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 02:13 PM
link   
I started a new thread for your commie/atheist assertions as I didn't want to go off-topic here, please come join the fun and share your curious views. You were pretty much implying that atheist=communist earlier, let's see how your claims stack up when we are able to focus on them in detail.

The "One who does not believe in gods = Communist" conspiracy?

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 02:18 PM
link   

There is no evidence to support your claim that "religion will die off". At best, it is wishful thinking by God-less atheists
who long for the world of communist rule and tyrannical government - perpetuated by the likes of their heroes, including but not limited to Karl Marx, Joseph Stalin, Kim Jong IL, Pol Pot, Napoleon Bonaparte, among others - all of whom have wound up in the trash bin of world history.

We have clashed on this point before. I'm going to repeat it now: atheists are not all communists. Atheists have exactly the same wide spectrum of political beliefs that religious people hold to.

And I agree, not all atheists are communists. At the same time, communism is based in large part to atheistic ideology.

What the blinking flip is 'atheistic ideology'??

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: AngryCymraeg

Atheistic ideology = There is No Almighty God & Creator

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 02:24 PM
link   

The Essene, which was most probably the sect that Jesus belonged to, if he existed, were communists!

These men (the Essene) are despisers of riches, and so very communicative as raises our admiration. Nor is there any one to be found among them who hath more than another; for it is a law among them, that those who come to them must let what they have be common to the whole order, - insomuch that among them all there is no appearance of poverty, or excess of riches, but every one's possessions are intermingled with every other's possessions; and so there is, as it were, one patrimony among all the brethren.

Nor do they either buy or sell any thing to one another; but every one of them gives what he hath to him that wanteth it, and receives from him again in lieu of it what may be convenient for himself; and although there be no requital made, they are fully allowed to take what they want of whomsoever they please.
ancienthistory.about.com...

So were the apostles also communistic, after the death of Jesus as they set up their new church.

Acts 5
5 But a certain man named Ananias, with Sapphira his wife, sold a possession,

2 And kept back part of the price, his wife also being privy to it, and brought a certain part, and laid it at the apostles' feet.

3 But Peter said, Ananias, why hath Satan filled thine heart to lie to the Holy Ghost, and to keep back part of the price of the land?

4 Whiles it remained, was it not thine own? and after it was sold, was it not in thine own power? why hast thou conceived this thing in thine heart? thou hast not lied unto men, but unto God.

Apparently, according to scripture, God struck Ananias and his wife dead for withholding some of their own money for themselves!

Communism was a Jewish concept first, and then a Christian concept before it was an atheist thing!

edit on 11-5-2014 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Nope, try again.
Atheist = One who does not believe in gods.

I'll give you 'anti-theist' ideology, but 'atheist ideology' is just an indication that you do not understand the descriptive terms and appear to be searching for some imaginary enemy for your invisible entity.

*Edit*
I do not assert that there are no gods, just that I have seen no evidence in my 40+ years of life to draw me towards believing in such things.
edit on 11-5-2014 by grainofsand because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 03:30 PM
link   

How can a lack of belief in something be an ideology? I'm sorry, but you seem to not understand the concept here. I do not follow any religion and I do not believe in any god. I am something of a fan of science though. I do not however ram my lack of religion down the throat everyone around me. How is that an 'ideology'?

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Obviously it's just more faith based assertion without any substance.
The OP has been cordially invited to my new thread discussing the spurious claim that atheist = communist, but so far has declined to respond. It would appear he/she would prefer to make wild off-topic assertions in his/her own thread to disparage those who do not believe in gods, but shy away from deeper discussion about the claims in a dedicated thread.

...as a Welshman myself the term angry Cymraeg could almost apply to me right now with all the crazy assertions this OP has made. Slag the non-believers down as if they are an organised group yet hasn't the motivation to defend his/her submissive believer position in a dedicated thread.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 04:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: uncommitted

originally posted by: captaintyinknots

This one goes out to all my Atheist friends here on ATS.

You do know the Mother Mary he refers to is his late mother, please tell me you didn't think it's the virgin Mary

According to Mr. McCartney, the song was referring to his late mother, whose name was Mary.

Yet, one is free to interpret the lyrics as one wishes, no?
Now, if that doesnt sum up christians, i dont know what does.

The author of the song, himself, has stated what the song is about. But people like you will misconstrue the lyrics to fit your own personal narrative.

I cant help but wonder, if you dont care about atheists, as you claim, why are you so obsessed with them?

Many songs are written with multiple lyrical meanings left open for the listener to interpret the way the want...I am not alone in suggesting that such is, could be, or may be the case.

You can interpret what you want, your opinion counts for nothing when the writer of the song said what it was about. Sheesh, I'm sorry, but you aren't doing yourself any favours here.

I congratulate all generous countries, yet the fact remains that the United States sends more $ than any other country. You can dice the numbers into slanted charts all you want, but $ talks and B.S. walks, and the U.S. is the largest giver of $ - and which goes to all races, colors, creeds and faiths, including some atheists too, no doubt.

You are replying to the wrong post, but your BS still stands. Get over yourself.

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

don't feel too bad..he ignored my statements as well...

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 04:25 PM
link   

see my earlier post.

additionally, number of dollars does not equate to generosity...

it is a measure of capability. generosity is giving more of what you have than others, which the U.S. does not. i'm talking percentages...

like, let's say you're homeless....you have nothing.....i have 20 dollars in my pocket, and buster has 100 dollars in his pocket, and windword has 50 dollars in his pocket...

if i give you 15 dollars, windword gives you 25, and buster wouldn't piss on you if you were on fire, which is us is actually more generous?

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Silly, misrepresented and generally ignorant headline designed to foment argument and intolerance.
I don't care if people want to pray. It doesn't work anyway, but that's their right to be "hoodwink'd by faerie fancy".

See what I did there? I lumped everyone into the same basket like the headline did.

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 06:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: captaintyinknots

This one goes out to all my Atheist friends here on ATS.

You do know the Mother Mary he refers to is his late mother, please tell me you didn't think it's the virgin Mary

According to Mr. McCartney, the song was referring to his late mother, whose name was Mary.

Yet, one is free to interpret the lyrics as one wishes, no?
Now, if that doesnt sum up christians, i dont know what does.

The author of the song, himself, has stated what the song is about. But people like you will misconstrue the lyrics to fit your own personal narrative.

I cant help but wonder, if you dont care about atheists, as you claim, why are you so obsessed with them?

Many songs are written with multiple lyrical meanings left open for the listener to interpret the way the want...I am not alone in suggesting that such is, could be, or may be the case.

You can interpret what you want, your opinion counts for nothing when the writer of the song said what it was about. Sheesh, I'm sorry, but you aren't doing yourself any favours here.

I congratulate all generous countries, yet the fact remains that the United States sends more $ than any other country. You can dice the numbers into slanted charts all you want, but $ talks and B.S. walks, and the U.S. is the largest giver of $ - and which goes to all races, colors, creeds and faiths, including some atheists too, no doubt.

Again, bombs and paying their military a salary and all the other awesome thing the USA now does for the world simply does not count as 'aid'.

Please also accept the fact that per GDP, the USA is in fact about one of the tightest, most frugal, scrimping, money grubbing, non-charitable nation when compared with it's peers. Peers, which I might add now just laugh and giggle at it for being irrelevant and useless except to use what it likes to obviously try to convince it's population is an 'aid' budget.

Imagine the rest of our surprise that a few of you idiots actually believe it.

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 06:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Daedalus

Logic isn't here today, priest.

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Where do you get this stuff?

I'm not a believer, and I don't despise "God" or the mention of (a) god or gods. It doesn't bother me in the least when people pray, or if they don't. I'm not impressed by symbols or the lack of them, and believe in "let live."

I also work 60+ hours a week, for money, and enjoy the benefits of our vaguely capitalist system just fine, thanks.

This ruling bothers me because it establishes a dangerous precedent towards favoring one religion over all others under certain circumstances.

Honestly, you sound like you could use a few more books in your book collection. Your perception of the world seems very limited.

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 08:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Daedalus

Yes that sums up that theories and beliefs are closely related.

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 08:33 PM
link   
a reply to: bitsforbytes

right, but it also refutes your assertion that theories are based on beliefs...it's actually the other way around...

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Atheists despise God, and the mere mention of His name.

They can hardly stand the words:
"God Bless America"
"Under God"
"In God We Trust"
"God Shed His Grace on Thee"
"God Bless the U.S.A."
"Glory Glory Hallelujah"

In other words, they despise the countless traditions that America was both founded on, and that which most all Americans grew up learning and enjoying, including but not limited to:

The Pledge of Allegiance
The Declaration of Independence
The Battle Hymn of the Republic
America the Beautiful

In reality, the whole atheistic agenda and debate is over. God wins. Again.

Despise God? How can someone despise something he or she doesn't think exists? Do you despise unicorns? No, because there are no unicorns.
I don't think "God won". If there is a God I'm sure he's quite displeased at the lack of tolerance on both sides.

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 03:34 AM
link   
a reply to: MobiusOne

I think that the OP is trying to get a reaction. He certainly doesn't understand anything about atheism. It's a bit sad really.

new topics

top topics

<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join