It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Supreme Court Ruling: Atheists Lose...Again.

page: 28
<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 08:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Secret009
a reply to: buster2010

"Atheists despise God, and the mere mention of His name.

They can hardly stand the words:
"God Bless America"
"Under God"
"In God We Trust"
"God Shed His Grace on Thee"
"God Bless the U.S.A."
"Glory Glory Hallelujah"

In other words, they despise the countless traditions that America was both founded on, and that which most all Americans grew up learning and enjoying"

1) Atheists hate god the same way we hate Voldemort. That is to say, we don't hate them at all, because they don't exist.

2) "Under god" and "In god we trust" were added into the pledge and money, respectively, in the 1950's.

3) I bet you wouldn't be so happy if someone said "Allah bless the US" would you?

4) If you need further proof of your incorrect-ness, please look up "The Treaty of Triploi", in which it is stated by the founders that the US is in no way a Christian nation.

5) Kindly thump your bible elsewhere. I have no need of an invisible sky wizard to tell me where I can or cannot put my dick.

You seriously need to work on your reading skills if you think I was promoting religion. I was giving examples of how religion isn't supposed to be in government.

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 08:35 AM
link   
a reply to: rickynews

As for the mention of God in our Pledge of Allegiance, or on U.S. currency or otherwise, the fact is that the overwhelming majority and overall population of Americans has a belief in an Almighty God, and removing any reference to God is unquestionably an atheistic position - so removing mention of God in U.S. society altogether it is not likely to ever happen, simply because most Americans support referencing God and acknowledging that America has indeed been blessed in many ways by Almighty God.

BS. The only reason the mention of God was put in the pledge and on our money was because of communism. In the 50's the religious nutcases started crying if we don't show we have a faith in God then we will become atheist communist. And being the idiots like they usually are in congress bowed to pressure and put the words where they are now. Just how brain damaged does a person have to be to think just because you are an atheist you will become a communist.

If anything having reference to God in anything in our government is an insult to the religion itself. Because Jesus talked about helping the sick, poor and elderly something that hardly done in this country. If anything Jesus was a communist because he clearly wouldn't support this nations love of money.

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Even the Liberal Democratic President of the United States affirms : "And we have Free Speech in this country"...

News Video here:

edit on 11-5-2014 by rickynews because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 09:18 AM
link   
a reply to: gusdynamite

Believe what you want.

LOL

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 09:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

As for the mention of God in our Pledge of Allegiance, or on U.S. currency or otherwise, the fact is that the overwhelming majority and overall population of Americans has a belief in an Almighty God, and removing any reference to God is unquestionably an atheistic position - so removing mention of God in U.S. society altogether it is not likely to ever happen, simply because most Americans support referencing God and acknowledging that America has indeed been blessed in many ways by Almighty God.

BS. The only reason the mention of God was put in the pledge and on our money was because of communism. In the 50's the religious nutcases started crying if we don't show we have a faith in God then we will become atheist communist. And being the idiots like they usually are in congress bowed to pressure and put the words where they are now. Just how brain damaged does a person have to be to think just because you are an atheist you will become a communist.

If anything having reference to God in anything in our government is an insult to the religion itself. Because Jesus talked about helping the sick, poor and elderly something that hardly done in this country. If anything Jesus was a communist because he clearly wouldn't support this nations love of money.

The United States of America is, and the American people are, by far and away, the most generous nation and people on the face of this earth, and continues, year after year, and decade after decade, to generously give tens of billions of dollars to aid the poor, sick and hungry across this globe. That is fact, and well beyond debate. To suggest otherwise is simply ignorance at its finest. No other country even comes remotely close to the amounts of aid that the U.S.A. sends to those in need, both home and abroad. If you don't (want to) believe this, than look it up.
edit on 11-5-2014 by rickynews because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 09:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickynews

originally posted by: boymonkey74

give it a couple of generations and you will find religion will die off.
Already happening in the western world.

There is no evidence to support your claim that "religion will die off". At best, it is wishful thinking by God-less atheists
who long for the world of communist rule and tyrannical government - perpetuated by the likes of their heroes, including but not limited to Karl Marx, Joseph Stalin, Kim Jong IL, Pol Pot, Napoleon Bonaparte, among others - all of whom have wound up in the trash bin of world history.

We have clashed on this point before. I'm going to repeat it now: atheists are not all communists. Atheists have exactly the same wide spectrum of political beliefs that religious people hold to.

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 09:55 AM
link   
For Factual Evidence of The American People's and the United States of America's generosity, link here:
www.facethefactsusa.org...

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 09:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: bitsforbytes

Believe what you want.

LOL

Awww it's always so adorable when people who get things wrong, think they're right - isn't it? You and I will have to sit down over coffee sometime and you can tell me what it's like.
edit on 11 5 2014 by gusdynamite because: Spelling error.

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 09:59 AM
link   

The United States of America is, and the American people are, by far and away, the most generous nation and people on the face of this earth, and continues, year after year, and decade after decade, to generously give tens of billions of dollars to aid the poor, sick and hungry across this globe. That is fact, and well beyond debate. To suggest otherwise is simply ignorance at its finest. No other country even comes remotely close to the amounts of aid that the U.S.A. sends to those in need, both home and abroad. If you don't (want to) believe this, than look it up.

Even more blatant lies and rubbish? When will it stop? Bombs and paying your military don't count as 'aid', to start with and as for the generous nature of the American people - I'm sorry, but this is not the 1950's where you can just make false statements about the USA and get away with it because people are smarter than that, now.

Good grief, have you no shame at all in telling such mistruths - or do you actually believe what you're saying?

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 10:01 AM
link   
The Most Generous Donor Nation on Earth: The United States of America

The United States distributes more than TWICE the amount of Foreign Aid than any other country in the World.

United States - $38 Billion
Germany – 13.5 Billion
France – 13.5 Billion
United Kingdom – 12.7 Billion

Where is communist/atheist Russia on this list? Where’s communist/atheist China on this list?

Answer: Nowhere to be found.

Source: www.facethefactsusa.org...

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 10:08 AM
link   
For those very few who don't realise this - foreign aid budgets are generally tied to a country's gross domestic product. In reality, this leaves the USA looking rather stingy and fair enough too because all those wars cost an absolute fortune.

But, I suppose when y'all got god on your side...

edit on 11 5 2014 by gusdynamite because: for fun

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 10:21 AM
link   

The Most Generous Donor Nation on Earth: The United States of America

The United States distributes more than TWICE the amount of Foreign Aid than any other country in the World.

United States - $38 Billion
Germany – 13.5 Billion
France – 13.5 Billion
United Kingdom – 12.7 Billion

Where is communist/atheist Russia on this list? Where’s communist/atheist China on this list?

Answer: Nowhere to be found.

Source: www.facethefactsusa.org...

Erm sorry to burst your little bubble there, but Russia stopped being communist 23 years ago.

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 10:24 AM
link   

"foreign aid" is not as humanitarian as it sounds...."foreign aid" is a politically correct term, used to describe: bribes, hush money, blood money, lunch money, and oppression money.

take israel for example.....we give them foreign aid(very nearly ALL of it, military)....which they use to help them more effectively blow up brown people because...wait for it...god told them to...

but, to be fair, we also give foreign aid to the west bank/gaza....but we only give them less than 1/6 of what we give israel(NONE of it military)

we give, and have been giving foreign aid to iraq and afghanistan....and they friggin hate us.

we give money to columbia (ahh, mi coca!)....

we give money to tons of other african countries, whom we then decry as awful, because of tinpot dictatorships, oppressive laws, christian kidnappings, and 419 scams...

so really, when you think about it, your much-vaunted gesture of endless generosity, actually does far more harm, than good....

foreign aid is a joke...it doesn't do what people think it does. we should be focused on getting OUR house in order, and helping OUR people..and once that's done, THEN maybe think about helping others...if they actually need it.
edit on 11-5-2014 by Daedalus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 10:43 AM
link   

A theory is a supposition or a system of ideas intended to explain something, especially one based on general principles independent of the thing to be explained. I don't see how a belief cannot be a supposition or a system of ideas intended to explain something.

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: bitsforbytes

I understand and accept your perception and it allows me to put into context. It's not for me to say that belief is different to theory.

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: bitsforbytes

because a belief (ie; something you believe) is an opinion, or conviction, BASED ON a supposition or a system of ideas intended to explain something.

religious people believe in god, because the THEORY of an all-powerful creator makes more sense to them, than the THEORY that we all evolved from single-celled organisms in a process spanning billions of years..

see how this works?

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 11:00 AM
link   

I suggest you start doing some looking up and see what the real facts are. Look at the number of homeless in this nation the number of people that go without food and medical attention. Also we have the so called evangelical "Christians" who want to cut these programs. What message from God is these people listening to? These are the same people that allow banks to foreclose on homes where they don't even own the mortgage.

If this is what religion is supposed to bring to this nation then we are better off without it because it is nothing but the road to fascism.

Also you should really do some research into our foreign aid which is nothing more than taking away from the poor in this nation and giving to the wealthy in another nation.

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Sorry Sweden, Luxembourg is now the most generous country in the world

MORE INFO

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: captaintyinknots

originally posted by: uncommitted

This one goes out to all my Atheist friends here on ATS.

You do know the Mother Mary he refers to is his late mother, please tell me you didn't think it's the virgin Mary

According to Mr. McCartney, the song was referring to his late mother, whose name was Mary.

Yet, one is free to interpret the lyrics as one wishes, no?
Now, if that doesnt sum up christians, i dont know what does.

The author of the song, himself, has stated what the song is about. But people like you will misconstrue the lyrics to fit your own personal narrative.

I cant help but wonder, if you dont care about atheists, as you claim, why are you so obsessed with them?

Many songs are written with multiple lyrical meanings left open for the listener to interpret the way the want...I am not alone in suggesting that such is, could be, or may be the case.

You can interpret what you want, your opinion counts for nothing when the writer of the song said what it was about. Sheesh, I'm sorry, but you aren't doing yourself any favours here.

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 01:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: captaintyinknots

This one goes out to all my Atheist friends here on ATS.

You do know the Mother Mary he refers to is his late mother, please tell me you didn't think it's the virgin Mary

According to Mr. McCartney, the song was referring to his late mother, whose name was Mary.

Yet, one is free to interpret the lyrics as one wishes, no?
Now, if that doesnt sum up christians, i dont know what does.

The author of the song, himself, has stated what the song is about. But people like you will misconstrue the lyrics to fit your own personal narrative.

I cant help but wonder, if you dont care about atheists, as you claim, why are you so obsessed with them?

Many songs are written with multiple lyrical meanings left open for the listener to interpret the way the want...I am not alone in suggesting that such is, could be, or may be the case.

You can interpret what you want, your opinion counts for nothing when the writer of the song said what it was about. Sheesh, I'm sorry, but you aren't doing yourself any favours here.

I congratulate all generous countries, yet the fact remains that the United States sends more $ than any other country. You can dice the numbers into slanted charts all you want, but $ talks and B.S. walks, and the U.S. is the largest giver of $ - and which goes to all races, colors, creeds and faiths, including some atheists too, no doubt.

new topics

top topics

<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join