It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Supreme Court Ruling: Atheists Lose...Again.

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 04:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

is that the only source I posted?

Is it less true?

Oh ok, just being a prick about it instead of learning. You scholar of Christian teachings you....I guess you should be teaching me about Christianity....

edit on 5 9 2014 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Tearman

That my friend is entirely different. I can respect doubt and wanting to find your own reasons.

I would rather have a world of doubters than a single false christian. I actually loath them more than atheists, though I must admit I have come to really hate them.

Agnostics or otherwise INTELLIGENT people who look to learn and further their own understanding while in search of wisdom will always be welcome into my heart and home.

Everyone else, its on. I am tired of disrespect and ignorant fools acting like children on a sugar high. If you cant control yourself and RESPECT a whole group of people and their culture, I will be your worst enemy. Just like if a Scumbag Nazi tried to justify his beliefs of a peoples inferiority based on what ever. I wouldnt respond with reason, no. I would respond with ignorance as well. It IS fitting.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 04:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: tadaman
Tell that to an Anthropologist.

an anthropologist isn't going to argue with the dictionary. for you to assert that one would, is beyond desperate...not to mention, flat out mad...

Here is a break down of anthropology.

www.mesacc.edu...

says nothing, i can see, about religious beliefs..

Also, your own definition can be applied to religion.

it's not MY definition, it's the friggin' dictionary...and anything can be applied to anything, especially with enough twisting....doesn't make it correct.

1. A societies moral code or its STANDARDS.

which are independent of religion.

2. The very guidelines for moral excellence.

which are independent of religion.

3. Like perhaps when the human race went from worshipping fertility Goddesses to a patriarchal structure.

apples and oranges. you're forcing a religious context onto something that doesn't warrant or require it.

4. Like religious study which taught literacy and mathematics to name TWO.

as did/do secular systems...nice try though

5.The beliefs of a group....this one should have stood out for you....

you're twisting what's on the page, to suit your argument. we both know damned well it has NOTHING to do with religion...unless you have a comprehension problem..

no matter how much you creatively twist meanings, and mince words, religion IS NOT culture....
edit on 9-5-2014 by Daedalus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

If the message was really just a suck it to the higher class then wouldn't the higher class catch on and just make you turn the cheek they want???
Or do they just lose the power at that point?
I mean they already made the person get on the ground and await to be slapped, sounds like to me they could make the same person turn the right cheek.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Daedalus

Nice optuse response totally founded in discord and irrelevant semantics.

Here is one definition for you...

www.urbandictionary.com...

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Yes you edited it after my post, with a less convincing article.

Can you answer this question?
What meets the teaching of jesus more, meeting hate with love (aggression with non aggression)
Or a little f you to the guy slapping you?

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 04:16 PM
link   
But its not that difficult to understand. I mean you could ask me "but why" no matter what I say like my child does.

Or you could accept a better understanding from someone who actually studied this and has looked for peer review from professors and scholars who dedicated their lives to religious study...

Its what it means. Dont think so. Ok.

I am not forcing you to learn. Thats your choice or not.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Jesus was a rebel.

I think I will trust the interpretation of religious scholars over that of some smug cool kid heathen, if not my own.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 04:18 PM
link   

NO, I edited it long before YOU NOTICED.

take the time to have a conversation instead of an argument and details will abound, I assure you.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 04:20 PM
link   

This is not martyrdom. This is people reacting to people in a way they deserve. Youre a prick, then I will be a prick. Case closed. You see if at the end of the day you dont need us and just continue acting like a prick towards people just because of what they believe or what their culture is.

And, this is a perfect example of all that is supposedly Christian being as lost on you as your aberrant personal interpretation of "Turn the other Cheek". And, you are a great example of how Christians can't even agree with each other on what Jesus taught!

edit on 9-5-2014 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 04:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: tadaman
Agnostics or otherwise INTELLIGENT people who look to learn and further their own understanding while in search of wisdom will always be welcome into my heart and home.
I've never been too keen on the importance of the distinction between agnosticism and atheism. I always felt the distinction had more to do wtih one's degree of certainty on the matter. Other people might say the distinction has more to do with open mindedness.

On the one hand I identify more with the label atheist because I think there is slim chance religions are true. Others might call me agnostic because new evidence could change my degree of certainty. It is difficult to imagine what form of evidence might be convincing, I will admit.
edit on 9-5-2014 by Tearman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 04:24 PM
link   

And your child is very smart to ask "but why" if things don't make sense to him/her.
Especially if it goes against almost everything you heard prior to that point.

I also have a hard time finding other sources to go with that one persons findings. Seems to be everyone else see's it the way I do...
Majority and culture must not matter in this case tho...Strange how that works...

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

You are christian?

You and me disagreeing is an example of Christians not agreeing?

Ok

And heres a pro tip sparky...

Most people dont agree....hence why we dont live in a utopia and never will.

as far as me, I never said I was a good christian. I would smack you up and humiliate you for insulting my culture. Call be a barbarian, but I tend to charge for the right to try to hurt me or my own.

You are a little boy who lacking any real point or argument resorts to the false comfort of the pseudo intelectual.....not being an actual scholar yourself.

I would hurt that out of you and show you why intelligence isnt just "cool"......

That isnt the christian me talking by the way. We are as varied and diverse as the human race. That is the PO New Yorker wanting to get some.

Unless you thought we christians only go into Christian mode when being disrespected. No, we are still human. Remember that next time you are looking for "HAHAs"

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 04:28 PM
link   

yet it does.

I will tell you what I tell my kid,

I suggest you look harder.

Or go back to entertaining yourself.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Big man making empty threats over the net.
Get this into your thick skull culture has nothing to do with religion.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 04:34 PM
link   

if you are sure there is no God or anything to religion, then you are an atheist. If you have doubts or reservations either way, you are an agnostic.

I dont see where the confusion is.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 04:35 PM
link   

You are christian?

OH! Now you care about what I believe?

You are a little boy who lacking any real point or argument resorts to the false comfort of pseudo intelectual.....not being an actual scholar yourself.

Funny how much that sounds like your knee jerk behavior..... and scholarly??? Like you are? LOL!

That isnt the christian me talking by the way.

Oh! I'm totally used to two faced, dual personality Christian hypocrites. No explanation needed.

Remember that next time you are looking for "HAHAs"

Reading your posts is always good for laughs!

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 04:36 PM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

No not threats.

I vow to be a prick to atheists in real life.

I see you all like a Nazi party of back patting bigots always belittling christians or others of faith and spouting the superiority of YOUR BELIEFS.

That is a promise. I will be the biggest asshole possible. You have all earned that much.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 04:36 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

Have fun posting that?

So you lack an ON TOPIC response, or even one in response to my previous posts.

Ok

SO just "you are", "you people are", and "HAHA"...

ok sparky...

thanks, We are impressed.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword
a reply to: Wrabbit2000

I've never heard 'Christian Leaders' and how WW-II ended mentioned in the same sentence with apparent connection to matter?

I have! Growing up in the '50s there was very much a collective mentality of American Christian superiority over pagan nation, like Japan, and evil rulers like Hitler. The propaganda, of the day, was that America was righteously granted the atomic bomb and it's use against ungodly nations as proof that God Blesses and Loves America better and above all other countries world wide.

The same propaganda was preached in Britian:

In 1940, shortly after he was named prime minister, Winston Churchill spelled out, in two often quoted speeches, his reasons for continuing Britain's war against Germany. In his famous "Blood, Sweat and Tears" speech, the great British wartime leader said that unless Germany was defeated, there would be "no survival for the British empire, no survival for all that the British empire has stood for..." A few weeks later, in his "Finest Hour" address, Churchill said:

"Upon this battle depends the survival of Christian civilization. Upon it depends our own British life and the long continuity of our institutions and our Empire."

Americans like to believe that "good guys" win, and "bad guys" lose, and, in international affairs, that "good" countries win wars, and "bad" countries lose them. In keeping with this view, Americans are encouraged to believe that the US role in defeating Germany and Japan demonstrated the righteousness of the "American Way," and the superiority of our country's form of government and society.
www.ihr.org...

I'm grateful that the United States of America, a population which is 73% Christians, had the atomic bomb before either Nazi Germany, or Imperical Japan, thus we would have a much different, and most certainly many less, if any freedoms left in this world. May God continue to Bless America, and may America always bless Almighty God.

new topics

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join