It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Supreme Court Ruling: Atheists Lose...Again.

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 11:29 PM
link   
a reply to: rickynews

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 11:32 PM
link   
That wild bill is a true keyboard warrior I bet he wouldn't go tell a black person that president lincoln and the emancipation proclamation were fiction.

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 11:39 PM
link   

A white man sees a black man and thinks there is a darker skin color than his. A black man sees a ufo and says there are others. A christian sees nothing and says duh this means there's a god. Atheists look and see nothing and conclude not only haven't I seen god but the people who say they have seem to lie all the time, confirming the atheist knowledge not belief.

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 11:41 PM
link   

The last video takes the cake lol, why make a text based video that has a background that blends in with the text?

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 12:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: tadaman

To everyone bothered by this....you can either live with Christians in a christian nation....OR not. Change is not an option when only YOU want it.

Article 11 of the TREATY WITH TRIPOLI as ratified in 1797 and signed by President John Adams seems clear

"As the Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion, — as it has in itself no character of enmity against the laws, religion, or tranquility, of Mussulmen , — and as the said States never entered into any war or act of hostility against any Mahometan nation, it is declared by the parties that no pretext arising from religious opinions shall ever produce an interruption of the harmony existing between the two countries".

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 04:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: bitsforbytes
A theory is a belief you know, just a different way of saying it.

no, it's not...

a theory is just that, a theory....

it's a hypothetical(what if) scenario....

i could have a theory that you are actually a talking fish....do i believe you're a fish? no, of course i don't...it's just a theory..

"GOD" is a theory...some people believe it, while i, and many, many others, do not.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 04:43 AM
link   

again faulty logic...

just because some notorious bad people were atheists, doesn't mean all atheists are bad people....it doesn't create, or confirm any kind of correlation between being an atheist, and being a bad person.

there are plenty of bad people throughout history who were theists of one type or another...does that meant that religious folk are all bad too?

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 04:47 AM
link   

hahahaha, you're serious, aren't you?

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 04:51 AM
link   

lol, anyone can shuffle words around, and arrange them in such a way, that they seem sensible....kind of a "well, when you put it that way..." thing

that's all this vid does...it shuffles words around, and makes assumptions.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 05:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

To all too many, non Catholic/Christian may as well be atheists. This ruling leaves me a bit uncomfortable, it seems to be all too ideologically driven for my tastes.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

All the rulings in this area, whoever claims victory, look like ideological concessions for what ever wind is blowing at the time. If there were such thing as a weathervane to indicate direction here it would just be spinning in circles if a time lapse speed up were applied to decisions/direction over the last three decades. Others may see this decision as simply one step in this direction after two in the other. On step up and two steps back....now do-si-do your partner spin her around and start again...

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Well as an atheist in England I will tell you exactly what we want.

We don't want your religious beliefs encroaching into our lives. We want religion to have no part in the education system and government. We want our children to learn the fact of evolution and not the fairytale of creationism.

With Islam now stinking the place up we don't want to eat halal tortured meat without knowing it.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Atheists are communists, now?

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 07:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: GafferUK1981

Well as an atheist in England I will tell you exactly what we want.

We don't want your religious beliefs encroaching into our lives. We want religion to have no part in the education system and government. We want our children to learn the fact of evolution and not the fairytale of creationism.

With Islam now stinking the place up we don't want to eat halal tortured meat without knowing it.

God save the Queen!

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 07:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Daedalus

again faulty logic...

just because some notorious bad people were atheists, doesn't mean all atheists are bad people....it doesn't create, or confirm any kind of correlation between being an atheist, and being a bad person.

there are plenty of bad people throughout history who were theists of one type or another...does that meant that religious folk are all bad too?

I agree, in that not all atheists are "bad people". I would also add that not all atheists are "good people" either. IMO, there are both good and bad people throughout Religions, including the religion of Atheism.
edit on 9-5-2014 by rickynews because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 07:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: gusdynamite

Atheists are communists, now?

Not all atheists are communists, yet there is a direct tie, based on the world historical record, that most communists are atheists. Does that mean most atheists are communists? I don't necessarily think so, but there is no denying the fact that both atheism and communism have been historically aligned and oftentimes in near lock step throughout world history - specifically in terms of their God-less belief system and God-less religiosity. And make no mistake, Atheism is a Religion.
edit on 9-5-2014 by rickynews because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 07:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Daedalus

again faulty logic...

You make a valid point, yet there is and has been a direct link between Communist ideology and Atheism ideology, lest we forget our world history.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 07:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: mattsawaufo

A white man sees a black man and thinks there is a darker skin color than his. A black man sees a ufo and says there are others. A christian sees nothing and says duh this means there's a god. Atheists look and see nothing and conclude not only haven't I seen god but the people who say they have seem to lie all the time, confirming the atheist knowledge not belief.

What about the "third eye" ? Perhaps the soul is the so-called 3rd eye, and one can find God in their heart by using it.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 08:57 AM
link   

right, but again, you're grasping at something that isn't there...

the fact that certain notorious bad people (commies, nazis, etc) were atheists, does not provide any kind of correlation(cause and effect) between atheism, and being "bad" (as defined above)

the fact that they were "bad", and also atheist, is nothing more than a coincidence...the same as if someone were "bad", and was a jew, christian, muslim, catholic, etc....it would be coincidental, and not deliberate, or causative.
edit on 9-5-2014 by Daedalus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 09:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickynews
I agree, in that not all atheists are "bad people". I would also add that not all atheists are "good people" either. IMO, there are both good and bad people throughout Religions, including the religion of Atheism.

but atheism ISN'T a religion...it is a lack of religion, or more specifically, a lack of belief in "god"

a·the·ism [ey-thee-iz-uhm]

noun

1. the doctrine or belief that there is no God.

2. disbelief in the existence of a supreme being or beings.

Origin:
1580–90; < Greek áthe ( os ) godless + -ism

this greatly differs from the definition of "religion"

re·li·gion [ri-lij-uhn]

— n

1. belief in, worship of, or obedience to a supernatural power or powers considered to be divine or to have control of human destiny

2. any formal or institutionalized expression of such belief: the Christian religion

3. the attitude and feeling of one who believes in a transcendent controlling power or powers

4. chiefly RC Church the way of life determined by the vows of poverty, chastity, and obedience entered upon by monks, friars, and nuns: to enter religion

5. something of overwhelming importance to a person: football is his religion

6. archaic
a. the practice of sacred ritual observances
b. sacred rites and ceremonies

[C12: via Old French from Latin religiō fear of the supernatural, piety, probably from religāre to tie up, from re- + ligāre to bind]

atheism isn't a religion.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Thing is plenty of people find God without religion and the rubbish that goes with it.
I believe in God but I do not want religion in state affairs nor education classes nor would I vote for anyone who asks God what to do.

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join