It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Supreme Court Ruling: Atheists Lose...Again.

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 09:33 AM
link   
a reply to: rickynews

again with the personal attacks....

i have no religion..i don't really believe in the idea of organized religion, nor do i believe in a supreme being....that would technically make me an atheist.....i dislike the idea of communism, as much as i dislike the idea of religion...

you should put that broad brush away, man..

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Daedalus

again with the personal attacks....

i have no religion..i don't really believe in the idea of organized religion, nor do i believe in a supreme being....that would technically make me an atheist.....i dislike the idea of communism, as much as i dislike the idea of religion...

you should put that broad brush away, man..

Fine, you're a independent atheist then. That's all good and your right to think and be whatever you want, which is otherwise known as free will. We all have that gift of free will too, and some beliefs in one way can be the same or totally counter to another. All I have said is that there are direct links between the atheist belief system, and the communist belief system. That's not just my opinion, but it is an historical fact. Perhaps you and others atheists are an exception, and that's great. I'm all for those atheists who condemn communism.

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Same kind of independent agnostic atheist here fella. I don't actually know anyone who supports communism in my non-digital world. I do however know many many people who do not believe in any gods, in fact pretty much most of my social circles.

I think the atheist = communist thing is a lame stretch, but amusing though due to its obvious silliness.

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 12:53 PM
link   

That was a cute little propaganda piece.

If you can reconcile the (left out) fact that communism is directly a political and economic ideology, and atheism is directly a religious one, your propaganda piece might even hold some water.

Unfortunately, there is no way to do so....

on another note, since your little propaganda piece brought up all the deaths that "atheist leaders" are responsible for, shall we discuss the number that religion-believing leaders have?

Naw, you wouldnt want to talk about that, would ya?
edit on 8-5-2014 by captaintyinknots because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 01:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: captaintyinknots

That was a cute little propaganda piece.

If you can reconcile the (left out) fact that communism is directly a political and economic ideology, and atheism is directly a religious one, your propaganda piece might even hold some water.

Unfortunately, there is no way to do so....

on another note, since your little propaganda piece brought up all the deaths that "atheist leaders" are responsible for, shall we discuss the number that religion-believing leaders have?

Naw, you wouldnt want to talk about that, would ya?

Communists and Nazi's and those who follow similar types of beliefs systems are history's well known propagandists, not the faithful, or the believer's in Almighty God.
edit on 8-5-2014 by rickynews because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Just wow....
Christians use plenty propaganda.
This took me 5 min
ozatheist.wordpress.com...

Or is this just part of the christian prosecution that is going on now?

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

Just wow....
Christians use plenty propaganda.
This took me 5 min
ozatheist.wordpress.com...

Or is this just part of the christian prosecution that is going on now?

Why should anybody be persecuted for what they believe, whether they believe in God, or believe in nothing- like atheists ?

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 02:19 PM
link   

I don't think they are... You seem to be the one with that outlook.
What about the propaganda?
Will you please admit that the followers of the almighty god do in fact take part in propaganda?

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 02:58 PM
link   

the entire basis of the assertion is ludicrous...

you say, with certain exceptions, that atheists are commies...wouldn't it be just as likely that commies are atheists?

your basis for this is because some famous commies were atheists...

it's kinda like saying all black people are criminals, because there are a disproportionate number of black people in jail

you make vague assertions (factual links, etc), you don't elaborate upon them, and you try to paint with a broad brush...why not deal with people on a case by case basis, instead of making sweeping generalizations?
edit on 8-5-2014 by Daedalus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 02:59 PM
link   

wtf does that have to do with anything?

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 04:09 PM
link   
I watched your video - it was a lot of nothing. Sorry, but drawing cherry picked correlations to link atheism with communism is just as bad as cherry picking anything.

Look! I can do the same thing:

Crusades = Christians are conquering invaders who like to commit genocide when possible.
The American colonies = see above
The end to WWII via the atomic bombing of Japan = Christians like to commit mass murder (also see above)

Yah - bet that will make a bunch of Christians bring up all the reasons why that "logic" is flawed. Rightfully so, because that kind of "reasoning" is pure bunk. Kind of like attributing Atheism to Communism.
edit on 8-5-2014 by UnmitigatedDisaster because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Truth_Hz

I don't believe you. You are not being honest. How can you not believe in something? You don't have a theory on where we came from? A theory is a belief you know, just a different way of saying it.

So what do you believe in then?

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Hitler arranged a meeting between himself and the pope. He was raised into a christian religion. And he lost the war, religion loses again.

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 10:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: mattsawaufo
Hitler arranged a meeting between himself and the pope. He was raised into a christian religion. And he lost the war, religion loses again.

Concerning atheism and mass murder, Christian apologist Gregory Koukl wrote that "the assertion is that religion has caused most of the killing and bloodshed in the world. There are people who make accusations and assertions that are empirically false. This is one of them."[1] Koukl details the number of people killed in various events involving theism and compares them to the much higher tens of millions of people killed under atheistic communist regimes, in which militant atheism served as the official doctrine of the state.[1] It has been estimated that in less than the past 100 years, governments under the banner of communism have caused the death of somewhere between 40,472,000 to 259,432,000 human lives.[2][3][4][5][6][7] Dr. R. J. Rummel, professor emeritus of political science at the University of Hawaii, is the scholar who first coined the term democide (death by government). Dr. R. J. Rummel's mid estimate regarding the loss of life due to communism is that communism caused the death of approximately 110,286,000 people between 1917 and 1987.[8] Richard Dawkins has attempted to engage in historical revisionism concerning atheist atrocities and Dawkins was shown to be in gross error (see also: Atheism and communism and Persecution of Christians in the Soviet Union).
Although Communism is one of the most well-known cases of atheism's ties to mass murder, the French Revolution and subsequent Reign of Terror, inspired by the works of Diderot, Voltaire, Sade, and Rousseau, managed to commit similar persecutions and exterminations of religious people and promote secularism and militant atheism.

source: www.conservapedia.com...

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 10:42 PM
link   
a reply to: UnmitigatedDisaster

Here are but some of the more notorious atheists:

Jeffrey Dahmer
Pol Pot
Joseph Stalin
Napoleon Bonaparte
Kim Jong IIL
Jim Jones (Jonestown)
Benito Mussolini
Mao Zedong

What terrific role models for humanity...

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 10:44 PM
link   
en.m.wikipedia.org... This is the agreement between the catholic church and nazi germany.

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 10:47 PM
link   
en.m.wikipedia.org... Napoleon was a roman catholic too. Infact all three anti christs were religious.

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 11:14 PM
link   
a reply to: mattsawaufo

Here, I'll let Wild Bill for America explain ...

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 11:24 PM
link   

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Well byyyyyyy gollllyyyy
Wild Bill got me, the abraham lincon defense is iron clad......

Thank you for posting that one, I needed a great laugh.

Hopefully the other vid is just as good

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join