It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Supreme Court Ruling: Atheists Lose...Again.

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 08:17 AM
link   
a reply to: rickynews

while perhaps not "personal" in the sense of attacking a specific individual, it is "personal" in the sense of attacking an entire segment of the planet's population.

furthermore, the title of your thread was misleading, and it seems the entire thrust and purpose of this thread was to rub "atheists" nose in another perceived "victory". it's baiting, for the purpose of picking a fight.. i'm guessing you were bored, yes?

you believe in god, and you think anyone who doesn't is mentally ill. this is what you've said...of course, not in so many words, but it's plain to see what you're saying without saying....

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 08:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Daedalus

while perhaps not "personal" in the sense of attacking a specific individual, it is "personal" in the sense of attacking an entire segment of the planet's population.

furthermore, the title of your thread was misleading, and it seems the entire thrust and purpose of this thread was to rub "atheists" nose in another perceived "victory". it's baiting, for the purpose of picking a fight.. i'm guessing you were bored, yes?

you believe in god, and you think anyone who doesn't is mentally ill. this is what you've said...of course, not in so many words, but it's plain to see what you're saying without saying....

I do not think Atheists or anyone who doesn't believe in God are mentally ill. I do think they are misguided, and mislead, and I do question their common sense and intelligence.

As for the title of the thread, I expected a strong reaction from all points of view, and that is exactly what we have seen in the thread, and I make no apologies. On a personal note, I happen to have several, life-long atheist friends, and there is no reason that just because some agree and others disagree with certain points of view - that said disagreements should somehow translate or otherwise turn into an exchange of personal attacks or insults. Its just not productive in terms of exchanging our thoughts and ideas. If your favorite NFL or sports team loses a game, do you blame the newspaper or media for headlining said loss?
edit on 7-5-2014 by rickynews because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 08:56 AM
link   

edit on 7-5-2014 by rickynews because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 09:40 AM
link   

lol, and we believe you're equally misguided and mislead, and question your common sense, and intelligence, when you say we're the wrong ones, because we don't believe in bronze-age desert fairy tales, and an invisible man in the sky who willed himself into existence from absolute nothingness, who is a constant source of contradiction, and conflicting ideas....

they're your friends....but you question their common sense, and intelligence? that's odd....and contradictory...and in conflict...lol, you're funny....

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 10:57 AM
link   
I wonder if everyone would be so ecstatic/nonchalant about this ruling if it were a Muslim prayer before meetings that was an issue. What about satanist? Religion, anyone's religion, has no place in government, period. No one is stopping you from praying/worshipping in public or in private. The issue is when government tends to favor one religion over another. We have separation of church and state for a reason.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Vdogg

Well, it seems that some Christians think that "separation of church and state" only applies to non-Christians!

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 12:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickynews

...Atheists who seek a Communist society for America.

That tops my "ignorant things I've seen" today list.

Kudos to you sir. I'm not atheist, by the way, I just read that and had to point out how ridiculous a statement that is. While I agree that atheism has become a religion in its own right, it's hardly a communist plot they are trying to push, and honestly it's no worse than the religious dogma people spew.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 12:56 PM
link   

I do not think Atheists or anyone who doesn't believe in God are mentally ill. I do think they are misguided, and mislead, and I do question their common sense and intelligence.

The irony in this statement is also palpable.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 01:01 PM
link   
I have no issue with the ruling whatsoever, everyone should have religious freedom.

id warn all you christians to be careful, though. You tread the line of hypocrisy on the tips of your toes....lets not forget this, which is happening right now...

www.christiantoday.com...

Better not hear any of you all whining about how this should not be allowed...

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: UnmitigatedDisaster

Kudos to you sir. I'm not atheist, by the way, I just read that and had to point out how ridiculous a statement that is. While I agree that atheism has become a religion in its own right, it's hardly a communist plot they are trying to push, and honestly it's no worse than the religious dogma people spew.

This is the new trend around here....they really like try and equate atheist with both communism and satanism, in an attempt to get it lumped in with things that have a negative stigma.

A bit devious to me....not so christian at all.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 01:04 PM
link   
ATS really ought to just open a "religious trolling" forum....thats all any of this has become anyway....

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Here is the reason this ruling is wrong. A non believer will be faced with this choice: Either they are false to themselves by pretending to follow along with a prayer they do not believe in, or they set themselves apart from the majority, which in some places can put them in danger if only socially.

This is not fair. If someone wants to participate in local government they should not be forced to make this choice. They should not have to set themselves apart from others for religious reasons because that doesn't have anything to do with running a city council, or a public school or whatever the case may be.

Oh, by the way, the reason you are equating atheism with things such as communism is so that you can dismiss an atheist argument out of hand without having to listen to it. Why should we listen to them? They're just a bunch of communist satanist atheists. Since that is pretty much the worst thing we can imagine, we can safely conclude in advance that they have nothing positive to contribute to this or any conversation. This spares us the mental effort of having to consider their arguments.
edit on 7-5-2014 by Tearman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 02:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tearman
Oh, by the way, the reason you are equating atheism with things such as communism is so that you can dismiss an atheist argument out of hand without having to listen to it. Why should we listen to them? They're just a bunch of communist satanist atheists. Since that is pretty much the worst thing we can imagine, we can safely conclude in advance that they have nothing positive to contribute to this or any conversation. This spares us the mental effort of having to consider their arguments.

To be honest, I find myself sometimes thinking this same thing about religious people, so that I don't have to "waste time" on what I can be pretty sure in advance will be an argument based on "total nonsense". This is not a desirable thing to do! Humans are lazy thinkers, always trying to take mental short cuts. The only logical thing is to consider every argument in isolation from our personal biases. If only we had the time.
edit on 7-5-2014 by Tearman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 03:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: StallionDuck
I'm with you guys..

Why in the world should it bother anyone that I want to pray? Is there fear that lightning bolts will come down and smash them? Do they think I will convert them against their will just because I pray? I don't care if they don't pray, so why should anyone care if I do? They'll just laugh and snub me anyways for my beliefs, so why force me to not to do something I'm not forcing them to do?

This is so damn silly... and they call christians crazy and overbearing.

Christians are crazy and overbearing but if they want to pray to a god thats not there then go ahead.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 03:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword
a reply to: Vdogg

Well, it seems that some Christians think that "separation of church and state" only applies to non-Christians!

Read the Founding Fathers, I gave Benjamin Franklin's quote as one earlier, separation of church and state is a lie of anti-Christ people. Some of the founders fought and died for the Truth, government cannot interfere with someone's faith beliefs. This is the meaning evil men have twisted to try and sell their anti-God. Wake up please...

Hey, proof we are in the end times! Evil Obama's oppression, those who are against the murdering of child in his/her mother's womb must by our taxes support abortion! Same with contraception (an abortifacient).

You and me, we have the choice, our free will to follow LOVE who is God or reject Him. Pray, pray, pray, ask God if He is real. God will give you the grace to believe.

Here's a current message (EXCERPT) from Heaven, from Our Lord.

(★ Messages from Jesus to Chosen Child 4/26-5/2/14 ★ )

Just as I surrounded Pharaoh and his army with darkness so they could not destroy the Israelites, so I will cast a darkness over the Obama administration so it CANNOT further harm America. For these remaining years, his administration will be covered by greater and greater darkness, by questions which will come from every side. This darkness will come wave after wave, halting all his efforts that would hurt America. Only when America’s safety is endangered will I grant a moment of light.

Among his opponents, there must be a reshuffling. Those who seek only political solutions must be moved to the sidelines while those who focus on the true good of America come to the center. ...

www.locutions.org...

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: colbe

do you happen to have a late night network television show?

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 04:43 PM
link   
I wonder if christains will ever realize that the only thing they are worshipping is a book written by man.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 06:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ancient Champion
I wonder if christains will ever realize that the only thing they are worshipping is a book written by man.

except they dont
almost all of them will cherry pick pieces they like and toss out other pieces as crazy nonsense by "bronze age sheep herders" (hell in Matthew 15: 1-9 jesus advocates the stoning of children who dishonor their parents.... but no that part is crazy so we dont do that..... this other stuff over here though..... yeah i like this part)
what christians (and most other religious peoples) are doing is worshipping themselves .....worshipping their own deluded twisted thoughts and then claiming it as the will of god

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 06:58 PM
link   
a reply to: colbe

ME
Well, it seems that some Christians think that "separation of church and state" only applies to non-Christians.

YOU
Read the Founding Fathers, I gave Benjamin Franklin's quote as one earlier, separation of church and state is a lie of anti-Christ people. Some of the founders fought and died for the Truth, government cannot interfere with someone's faith beliefs. This is the meaning evil men have twisted to try and sell their anti-God. Wake up please...

Thanks for for proving my point, that SOME Christians think separation of church and state only refers to non-Christians and doesn't apply to Christians. Tell me Colbe, how would you feel of the tables were turned and you had to endure Wiccan or Muslim prayers and rhetoric?

edit on 7-5-2014 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 07:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: UnmitigatedDisaster

There is no question that Atheism and Communism are well aligned, and always have been. Here is a video you might find enlightening:

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join