It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TURN BACK TIME!!!!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2003 @ 04:27 PM
link   
What would you do if you could turn back time?

A minute, hour, day, week, month or even a years?

change something you did?

change something you said?

But !!!!!!!

what ever you might change, would it change your future for the better or worse?

sometimes you say things that hurt /upset people and you dont realise it, by then its too late!

But its never too late to say your sorry!

blackwidow666

posted on May, 26 2003 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Very very wise words... too bad more people dont heed them...

posted on May, 26 2003 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Didn't Cher do a song about this?

Fortunately, there's a very short list of people I would need to appologize too... but a long list of stocks I'd like to sell short... hmmm...

posted on May, 26 2003 @ 05:29 PM
link   
If I could turn back time I would do many things differently. I have one major regret though.

I was madly in love with this woman. She was I believe my soulmate. I think she was in love with me to. In fact im sure she was. But we never said anything to each other. We were best friends. She went to the States to go to Veterinary School and I never told her how much I loved her before she left. That was 2 years ago. Thats my biggest regret. Im still in love with her to this day. No woman that I have been out with since can even compare to her. Sorry for getting all emotional here.

posted on May, 26 2003 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Well, if I somehow managed to go back in time, chances are I�d get so caught up in the fact - that I�d completely forget what I had gone back in time for!

Even if I did remember, chances are I�d get so caught up in the moment again that I�d make the same mistake again... Or worse, I'd completely cock it up and make the situation far worse than it was originally.

But that�s just me! hehehe!

It's always easy to spot your mistakes in hindsight, but it's hardly hindsight if your back there again! Changing even a simple thing would bring you into a new plane of existence where hindsight couldn�t help you anymore! Then you�d need to go back again� and again, and again�

posted on May, 26 2003 @ 06:11 PM
link   
There's many things I regret. I'm in a similar situation with Ocelot.

There was this girl I had feelings for, one day she got real sick and was rushed to the hospital. Her sister called me to tell me what happened. Mind you, I never talk to her sister so I knew something was wrong. And all I could say was, "I don't care." I don't know if I was high or drunk or something, but to this day I have no clue why I said that. We were so close, but she heard what I said and she never spoke to me again. This was like five years ago.

Right now, I'm in another situation with a girl. This girl has history in the making written all over it. I just hope I don't screw this one up either, I might marry this girl.

posted on May, 26 2003 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Why don't y'all try the "changing the past from the present" exercise from wisdomdoor.com and see if it works???

www.wisdomsdoor.com...

posted on May, 26 2003 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Im sure everyone would like to turn back time ,or find a way.....take back the words that hurt you........

Ok enough singing.....that's all i know .....

Yes, but like blackwid.... said, it's never too late for sorry!

But would turning back time make it possible for things to be better in the future?
Or would we just keep going back and forth....

posted on May, 26 2003 @ 07:54 PM
link   
I wouldn't want to turn back time.
What's done is done.

posted on May, 26 2003 @ 08:32 PM
link   
i would turn back time 8 years to when i was 15 and offered an apprenticeship in butchery, deep down i knew it was to good to be true, but i was young and impresionable, so i went with the aprenticeship and once i had finished it i found out that my boss had never signed me up and had faked the documents he showed me to say i was an apprentice. he killed himself 2 years ago on christmas day a lonely bankrupt man. I went to his funeral and told everyone that he died the way he had lived a selfish coward, he ruined my life with his promises and i will never forgive him, i wasted 6 years of my life training to be a qualified butcher, and in the end i was nothing more then a 20 year old kid with no high school diploma and no future ahead of me.

I hoipe the bastard burns in hell.

posted on May, 26 2003 @ 09:10 PM
link   
I wouldn't change anything I said or did, but rather finish something I never finished. If I ever did or said something I regretted, I would take care of the situation rather than live my life wishing that I handled it differently.

If I could change one thing about my life, I would have finished college. Looking back, I see how important an education is. I saw college as a social event and a place to live away from home where maybe I'd learn a thing or two. I wish I had seen it the other way around, as a place to learn and become mature and a place to party and have fun second. I've bounced around jobs quite a bit as a result of not keeping focused on my future and I really wish I had taken school more seriously. It was a fun experience, just wish i had stuck with it.

I'm sure everyone has things that they'd like to change, and as long as it is just a wish you'll be ok. Just try not to dwell on the past and let it hold you back, because no matter what you say or do you cant change it. Instead focus your energy towards your future which is something you can change and affect the outcome.

Life is too short to dwell on the past.

posted on May, 26 2003 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Apparently nobody has read the link... Too bad...

posted on May, 26 2003 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBandit795
Apparently nobody has read the link... Too bad...

Actually, I did and it was a good read. Interesting perspective of the concept of Simultaneous Time. The three rooms are a good analogy.

posted on May, 26 2003 @ 09:30 PM
link   
What ever happened in the past is the past.......

Having so much hatred of one incident is not going to fix things .........

I guess, you are still young to make something of your life.....it is what you make it....though it may not be your fault at times, you decide the end....

there is no stopping someone of changing their life for the better.
Try to become a better person today.
Hatred and seeking revenge is not the cure.....becoming a better person,and letting go of the past,
is the way to go....
look toward a better understanding of what life has to offer you today....An eye for an eye is not the right choice....you will hurt yourself, and others in the process...
Hate is so harsh a word......and once it has no hold over you,
you can turn back time .........change it for others and yourself for the better........
Life is what you make it........taking the ups and downs with a better understanding for tomorrow.....
And turning back time is Yesterday's news....

Why do you think that all that work went to waste?
Only if you let it....
Explain to others ,and im sure they will understand......I would....and many others would do the same!

posted on May, 26 2003 @ 11:37 PM
link   
I don't think I'd change anything...for it has all (the good AND the bad) been what has brought me to where I am today...and its pretty good right now. Could it have been better? Maybe, but it could have also been worse...and if it can be better, then I'll make it better anyway.

Little saying: "Failures cease to be so once we learn from them, then they become pathways to success."

Good or Bad, there is always a lesson...learn it, grow from it...shiz, thats what lifes all about.

Peace,
ALIEN

posted on May, 26 2003 @ 11:48 PM
link   
By learning to astral project, it is possible to visit past and future times... could it be possible to alter the decisions of your other selves with mental energy...?

posted on May, 27 2003 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Ocelot man - I know it's easy for me to say, but I think that just as it's never too late to say sorry, it's never too late to tell someone how you feel where love's concerned. I don't expect you to write back and justify yourself and say whatever "she's married now" or "she's since had a sex change" - I just hope you'll think about somehow letting her know how you feel or at least how you "felt" because my biggest fear is not the regrets I have now but the ones I'll have when I'm 70 looking back on what I should have done now.
I'm in a similar situation by the way, but not so sure the dude I'm after is interested - so I'm a bit scared this is going to be a future regret.

posted on May, 27 2003 @ 12:45 AM
link   
I guess you're right kerry. But I know that deep down she knows how I feel about her. I think she always knew even though I never actually told her. But you're right I should tell her and get it over with.
But who knows when I'll get to see her again.

posted on May, 27 2003 @ 12:48 AM
link   
If I could turn back time, I would assasinate Hitler and take his place.

-I would never have killed of the Jews
-Never have gone into Russia during the winter
-Told my allie Japan to not attack the US
-Concentrate on taking out Britian.
-Have Russia join me as an allie, if not an Ally, then a nuetral friend
-After this was done, Make all the conquered countries provinces and give them enough rights to keep the people happy

but if I could turn back time in my life I would leave and change my name and move to another country

posted on May, 27 2003 @ 01:02 AM
link   
I have thought about what your asking, and there are many things I've done/said that I would like to 'take back' but I don't think I would if given the chance, because it may change too many things that have happened that I *don't* regret..Like for instance I would change the fact that I married, but then that might take my daughter out of my life...she was worth it to me...I'm very pleased at where my life is going at this time and all of what I've done in the past has brought me here and is taking me 'there'. I guess I'm kind of 'back to the futureish' about changing even the smallest thing in my past.
Magestica

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join