It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why did alien abductions increase during the 20th century?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 03:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Davo163

I agree, also sleep paralysis is a big factor, in the old times it was demons etc but as pop culture swings towards aliens in the human psyche people are thinking of them while suffering from sleep paralysis.
Ask another question...why are most recorded cases in the USA?.

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 03:04 AM
link   
a reply to: BO XIAN

Hold on just because Stanton didn't answer your question and actually ignored you (you were singing his praise once) he is now part of the propagandist party?.
Maybe he didn't answer you because what you type is just nonsense.

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 05:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74
a reply to: Davo163

I agree, also sleep paralysis is a big factor, in the old times it was demons etc but as pop culture swings towards aliens in the human psyche people are thinking of them while suffering from sleep paralysis.

Ask another question...why are most recorded cases in the USA?.

The US has the largest diverse caucasian population in the world. This gives aliens a unique gene pool of humans to choose from.

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 05:42 AM
link   
a reply to: depleteduranium92

Why would aliens only be interested in Caucasian population only?.
I would not think it is more diverse than any western country...in fact i think from a genetic standpoint here in the UK we have had immigration for well over a thousand years and that would mean the UK has more genetic diversity wouldn't it?.

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Astyanax

It doesn't appear to me that you even BEGAN to do as I asked.

A comparison would, imho, more properly . . .

(A) describe what you think [in brief summary] that I think

and THEN

(B) describe how you think that (1.) matches and (2.) does not match

REALITY as

you construe it, perceive it.

Perhaps you'd be willing to try again.

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

I still think Stanton Friedman is one of the top flight UFO researchers in the field.

I enjoy him as a person.
I enjoy him as a more or less jovial grandfatherly curmudgeon.
I enjoy him as a fun, bright mind.

Nevertheless, when he sings the globalist party line on the phenomena, I must take note and not ignore that fact.

And, I must wonder . . . where is he coming from when he chooses that path.

Has he been 'there' all along . . . perhaps as a willing and very skillful early tool with a high enough security clearance?

Is he merely philosophically so inclined?

What?

I don't know. I just know one needs to be aware of that and keep tabs on the "therefore what's" related to it.

BTW, thanks for your ever dependable assaultiveness.

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 08:56 PM
link   

It doesn't appear to me that you even BEGAN to do as I asked.

Why should I?

I wouldn't jump in a well if a crazy person told me to, either.

You are not in a position to set terms here. Establish some credibility by posting something sensible, then we'll see.

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 10:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Astyanax

I merely asked you to explain what you meant by your earlier statement and suggested a conversationally productive way you might do that.

Evidently that's toooooooo unattractive a thing to do.

I can understand that.

However, I do register your dig.

And I certainly don't expect everyone to understand my humble words . . . at least . . . I don't expect everyone to GROK them.

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 02:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74

Why would aliens only be interested in Caucasian population only?.
I would not think it is more diverse than any western country...in fact i think from a genetic standpoint here in the UK we have had immigration for well over a thousand years and that would mean the UK has more genetic diversity wouldn't it?.

according to Jenny Randles the greys concentrate on the U.S. and Nordics are more common in Europe. Maybe they have carved up the world and claimed their respective portions?

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 07:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: BO XIAN
Evidently that's toooooooo unattractive a thing to do.

Sooooooooooooo . . . for kicks . . . what is the gap between whatever it is that

Sooooooooooooo . . . in your scientific perspective

And, I've been on ATS toooooo long to be so glibly influenced by such an attitude.

Welllllllllll, will compose in MS Word this time. .

originally posted by: BO XIANAhhhhhhhhhhh but that BELIEF assertion is in great error.

Either this is your way of expressing condescension or you have a sticky keyboard.

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 07:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: EnPassant

according to Jenny Randles the greys concentrate on the U.S. and Nordics are more common in Europe. Maybe they have carved up the world and claimed their respective portions?

Honestly, EP... you should make this your siggy.

You have misquoted and misinterpreted her work so much in the past I think you need you back up your "paraphrasing" with direct links to direct quotes.

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Well....maybe the Demons or fallen ones are busy eradicating the bloodline of Jesus.......
They could be working on insuring that there is no second coming.....or......
Considering the implantation of false memories that the abductees experience in various levels.....could it be simply that long ago different memory sets were used on abductees......
The animal mutilations puzzle me as to what the real numbers may be world wide.....
Herds of sheep, deer and collections of assorted wild animals have been reported to have been found....as well as human mutes.....
Did this also occur back when.....im sure it must be recent and accelerated....why

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 09:04 AM
link   
a reply to: stirling

In my understanding and construction on 'reality,' . . .

1. There's no "Y" bloodline of Jesus. The "M," female side should well be around from His siblings. Perhaps the Shroud's DNA would shed some light on that. I think it's been looked at. I suspect the results, if achieved, have been secreted.

2. The mutilation issue is certainly a curious, horrific aspect of the whole mess. And, it highlights the enemy's compulsive use of fear as a tool of conquest. That the human mutes have been successfully kept so out of the public awareness and discussion is also quite . . . interesting.

3. Perhaps the mutilation stuff is also checking on some of the specifics of how well the humans are handling (A) the destruction of the biome and (B) the genetic and other hybridization possibilities or aspects.

Thanks for a good, on-topic, non-personally assaultive post.

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 10:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010
Nuclear weapons would be the reason why they would suddenly turn their attention our way. When we set off the first one it was a signal to the rest of the universe we are here and we are dangerous.

From a lot of what I have read and researched, that is exactly what happened.

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 06:07 PM
link   

We used to see Thor and Odin and Zeus and other Gods everywhere. They affected our daily lives and the signs were everywhere. Then the monotheism finally conquered the western and middle eastern parts of the world.

We used to see gnomes and other nature folk all over. Gnomes lived in barns and cared for the live stock in many countries. People didn't just believe in them, they actually saw them all the time.

Then came the industrial age and that slowly went away to transform into something else. With the electricity came beliefs that walked hand in hand with the more "modern" times. We started to see spaceships in our skies in more numbers than ever before. Now the gnomes and fairies were almost entirely gone.

The very same things we used to explain with Gods, fairies or demons transformed into something else. But the core is the same, all the time. The belief of something external that affects us, but always something that we can never really grasp or reach.

The big question is, what really changed?
Our perception or our interpretation?

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 06:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Chazam

My gnomes lived in the coal shed and moved coal from one side to the other always singing little songs
my mum used to find me asleep on the coal mucky as hell. (I was 5)
Your post reminds me of when no one believes in you as a god anymore you die.

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Maybe back then, people were too afraid to say if the encountered aliens. I mean, back then they didn't have the media, and that could have influenced them. Also, if they did speak up about whatever happened, who know what would have happened to them. Times are easier now to share things

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Maybe because of operation paperclip and unrelated advances in technology requiering human test subjects.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 07:29 PM
link   
I'm sure in part because more people are prone to faking claims for some kind of attention/notoriety, but also potentially due to the exponential increase in the chemical/medical alterations we were making to our bodies and maybe a larger selection of highly varied genetics that caused more interest or need for study? Just a half baked thought I had while reading this

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Simple...

if there are indeed aliens then i would guess it the nukes. think about it. its the first time in history that humanity has achieved the capability of total self-destruction. i personally do not think that humanity will survive this stage of her growth/evolution.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join