It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why did alien abductions increase during the 20th century?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 11:35 PM
link   
a reply to: AutumnWitch657

No, I'm on a robust desktop with 8 GIG RAM and a DSL link.

I appreciate your perspective, position, stance.

I've studied the topic since 1962. Are you that old? Just curious.

I had a close relative work in a hyper secret area of Nevada where he routinely saw the craft coming and going.

I've chatted with Japan's foremost expert on the topic.

I've talked face to face repeatedly with Timothy Good, Stanton Friedman, Linda Moulton Howe, the Phoenix LIghts' foremost researchers, Travis Walton [who's event happened not far from my Step-mom's ranch and from where my current neighbor grew up]; . . . The head of the TRACE LANDING study group;

GUY MALONE

www.alienresistance.org...

L.A. Marzulli,

Those two--Guy Malone & L.A. Marzulli have one of the best handles on what's going on of any I've come across.

. . . I've talked some with Stan Romanek face to face. I forget some of the well known others I've talked with face to face.

I've read exhaustively on the topic for more than 40 years.

I do NOT NEED more evidence nor to waste a lot of time and energy trying to find evidence for folks who are resistant to the max to understanding and respecting the evidence that's out there.

At my age, exercises in futility are NOT AT ALL attractive.

Sorry.

edit on 6/5/2014 by BO XIAN because: added

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 11:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: TamtammyMacx
I would have to agree with the atomic era being the catalyst for alien interest. But WW2 may have caused them to becoming discovered. Also, there was I believe, an unknown result of the explosion of the atom bomb, was that other explosions occurred across the span of the universe being quantum teleported atomic explosions. This resulted in immediate investigation by extra-terrestrials.

That's certainly the

propagandist party line . . .

And Timothy Good, Stanton Friedman, Whitley Strieber, et al are clearly on board with that meme and argument.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 06:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: AutumnWitch657
I need evidence that will satisfy me. I am the one who needs to be convinced . Blurry pictures and personal stories are not enough. I don't care who makes the testimony. A two year old will tell a lie if you bribe them. Human character is what it is. (Though I'm not one of those I hate the human race kind of people. I believe in people and I believe in the desire to find truth) but face it anyone can be bribed or bought or threatened for that matter. a reply to: BO XIAN

How much are they paying you to say that?

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 07:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: BO XIAN
a reply to: uncommitted

Sorry . . . I'm not so glibly seduced into the RELIGION OF SCIENTISM ACOLYTE CADRE.

And, I've been on ATS toooooo long to be so glibly influenced by such an attitude.

Linda Moulton Howe has some links to some peer reviewed articles in some agriculture mags about the utter inexplicable uniqueness of a list of features in crop circles. IIRC, folks refuse to be convinced by peer reviewed or any other set of solid facts.

Much of the Unbelief and hostility to the realities involved are beyond cultish.

And I have no need to get sucked into such a futile game with such a myopic and futile attitude.

Enjoy your perspective while you yet can. Its days are numbered.

So the forensic evidence of which you spoke doesn't exist to the best of your knowledge then? A patronising attitude doesn't become someone who can't back up their own words, sorry, I think with nothing but words, it's your attitude that is myopic, blinkered and blind.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 07:19 AM
link   

There's more than sufficient evidence out there to convince any thoughtful, scientific-minded, fair-minded person who seriously WANTS to consider reality as it really is vs as they fantasize it to be.

This is true.

Not in the way you think, though.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Sooooooooooooo . . . in your scientific perspective

NOT DELIVERING to a cheeky demand

is EQUAL

to NOT EXISTING.

Fascinating.

Given that logic . . . any evidence provided would have been useless/futile.

BTW, the forensic evidence is available.

You could start with the 4,000+ trace landing cases.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: draknoir2

This is true.

Not in the way you think, though.

Sooooooooooooo . . . for kicks . . . what is the gap between whatever it is that

you think

that I think

and "real reality?"

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: depleteduranium92

Abductions are directly related to the hybrid program. This civilization is going to collapse and a new way of life will replace it. The aliens want influence in this new world and that is why they are creating hybrids. These hybrids and abductees will become an interface between the aliens and this world. The contactee experiences of the 50s were a preparation for this.

These contactee experiences made the idea of contact with aliens laughable. It was meant to be like this. The aliens made it so. The purpose was to prepare for the abduction program. Now when people hear about aliens taking people they laugh - thanks to the contactee charade. Now they can work under a veil of ridicule because nobody will believe the abductees.

edit on 7-5-2014 by EnPassant because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Sooooooooooooo . . . in your scientific perspective

NOT DELIVERING to a cheeky demand

is EQUAL

to NOT EXISTING.

Fascinating.

Given that logic . . . any evidence provided would have been useless/futile.

BTW, the forensic evidence is available.

You could start with the 4,000+ trace landing cases.

You are talking non sequitors, not particularly big or clever. You said there was court ready forensic evidence, which implies you are in possession of it, but when challenged cannot provide.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: TamtammyMacx
I would have to agree with the atomic era being the catalyst for alien interest. But WW2 may have caused them to becoming discovered. Also, there was I believe, an unknown result of the explosion of the atom bomb, was that other explosions occurred across the span of the universe being quantum teleported atomic explosions. This resulted in immediate investigation by extra-terrestrials.

There's one problem with your theory. After the three explosions that ended WW2 (Trinity, Hiroshima, Nagasaki) we detonated nearly 2500 more weapons. Some above ground, some below ground, and a whole bunch in the oceans. On top of that we run nuclear reactors which are yet again even more nuclear fission reactions.

If we were creating destructive explosions elsewhere in the universe they would not let us continue to do it.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 07:12 PM
link   
First off, show proof they have become more common.

Secondly, if they were more common, it would only logically be because the population has increased exponentially over the past 2,000 years. Not rocket science here.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 07:51 PM
link   

What a curious daffynitionary.

where . . .

WILL NOT = CANNOT.

And folks of that perspective wonder why some of us decline to bother with such "logic."

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 08:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan
Notice that the Cold War was declared by the US over in 1992 and the their last nuclear test was also in 1992. UFO activity has decreased since the 50's and 60's. UFO waves seem to correspond to these tests.

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 01:17 AM
link   

If you do some research into old folklore, you will find that people have been taken by entities for a long time now, described in different ways. Fairies, for example, took people, and there was even interbreeding. This is the same phenomenon, wearing a different set of costumes.

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 09:37 AM
link   

What a curious daffynitionary.

where . . .

WILL NOT = CANNOT.

And folks of that perspective wonder why some of us decline to bother with such "logic."

Quite simple really, you said there is court ready forensic evidence implying you have it, when asked to share it you choose not to do so. Instead you provide riddles that mean nothing (that's the definition of non sequitor by the way, in fact that's what it means in Latin) that do nothing to back up your claim.

Not sure you have a concept of logic, probably why you are not using it.

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 11:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: LadyGreenEyes

If you do some research into old folklore, you will find that people have been taken by entities for a long time now, described in different ways. Fairies, for example, took people, and there was even interbreeding. This is the same phenomenon, wearing a different set of costumes.

Sorry, but if you look at said folklore it says people we taken by various entities, that's not really the same as saying there is evidence that shows they actually were. The same goes for interbreeding - that's really myth territory.

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 01:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: uncommitted

originally posted by: LadyGreenEyes

Sorry, but if you look at said folklore it says people we taken by various entities, that's not really the same as saying there is evidence that shows they actually were. The same goes for interbreeding - that's really myth territory.

The point is, the stories in folklore are very similar to the stories we hear today of alien abductions. We don't have any hard evidence today, either. We do have some striking parallels, however, and anyone researching this area would be foolish to ignore them. Those stories are no more (or less) myth than the modern ones of alien abduction. It seems clear we have the same forces at work, in one guise or another, throughout history.

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 02:12 AM
link   
a reply to: BO XIAN

Ooh, can I have a go?

Sooooooooooooo . . . for kicks . . . what is the gap between whatever it is that

you think

that I think

and "real reality?"

You're not exactly a newcomer here. People don't have to think they know what you think — you tell us what you think regularly, as just about every other ATS member does. And what you think isn't reality.

Plain enough for you?

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 02:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Astyanax

And what you think isn't reality.

Not necessarily...so much...
In all cases.

edit on 5/11/2014 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 02:52 AM
link   

There are records of people being abducted in medieval times. Except they were then known as Fairies and Elves.

Read Graham Hancock's 'Supernatural', or watch this video:
Graham Hancock: Elves, Aliens, Angels and Ayahuasca
Fast forward to 45.55.

Or read Jacques Vallee's
Passport to Magonia: On UFOs, Folklore, and Parallel Worlds

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join