It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

/Moral Dilemma/ To tell a friend the truth or not?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Agent008

Define "messed up". Goes for both genders,and in my experience is not age specific either. Imho,many nowadays are responding to society and how it makes them feel. The values some of us grew up with have disappeared in this modern world. It's easy to get caught up in the whirlwind of being immoral and reckless. Takes somebody else sometimes to point out the wrong path you are on.Either way,I think you best leave her be. Sometimes it's better to let them fall on their own behind in hopes they learn a lesson.

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 05:15 PM
link   
This sort of reminds me of the time when a friend of ours was used by a married woman to provide an excuse to break up her marriage. Husband "accidentally" caught them together.

Leave her until she breaks the relationship on her own.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 10:29 PM
link   

I'm going to say it - Don't get yourself involved.

First, it's not your place to tell someone how to run a relationship. Even if you think she needs to hear it, don't get involved, and bite your tongue.

Second, because it already sounds like you're a bit biased in this matter, you need to watch yourself. The last thing you want to do is bring something up with her, and have her boyfriend catch on that you made it sound like you're trying to "steal" his girl; I made that mistake recently, and this guy was so mad to the point where he is slashing her tires, causing her to lose her job, and just an all around jerk.

Finally, it pays to remember that you cannot cure someone like that - She clearly doesn't need a knight in shining armor, and probably wouldn't listen even if you repeated yourself. Let her go.

-fossilera

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: AccessDenied
I hear ya I know a co worker who has a 15 year old daughter who works with us as well and omg the things I hear her doing (drugs, alcohol, raves,) Her parents have no idea, and I hear stories from both sides. Kind of entertaining yet disturbing. The father is the one I work with and he always has a story about what his daughter got caught doing this week....if he only knew the half of it.

Miley Cyrus said it best "You think what I'm doing is f*ed up?, your kids are a lot worse I promise you."

Thank you everybody! I always know I have a place to ask for advice or help on ats.

All of your comments have been very helpful and allowed me so see from a different angle that is sometimes hard to do from within one self.

Cheers!!

edit on 5/7/2014 by Agent008 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 04:45 PM
link   

I'm going to thank you for that post. Now when my 17 year old daughter gets under my skin,I can thank heaven I know where she is and what she is not doing!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join