It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I found a common point in all new religious movement

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 01:53 AM
link   
Which is "If you get sick ,you don't have to go to see doctors "or "The faith is the most important thing to heal you ,not
modern medical."
Applicable area:
China(This one I am sure),
USA (NRM must thank Obamacare a lot),
Japan (Aum Shinrikyo)
(Need your help the adding the applicable area)

Usually they are most active in those place with inferior health care system.All religions are about controlling by your fear.In those place without military war,the fear of illness is a good controller.
Of course, Obamacare and pharmaceutical companies "HELPED "a lot for NRM cheating people.

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 06:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: candlestick
Which is "If you get sick ,you don't have to go to see doctors "or "The faith is the most important thing to heal you ,not
modern medical."
Applicable area:
China(This one I am sure),
USA (NRM must thank Obamacare a lot),
Japan (Aum Shinrikyo)
(Need your help the adding the applicable area)

Usually they are most active in those place with inferior health care system.All religions are about controlling by your fear.In those place without military war,the fear of illness is a good controller.
Of course, Obamacare and pharmaceutical companies "HELPED "a lot for NRM cheating people.

wife sees both.

i see none

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 06:40 AM
link   
a reply to: tsingtao

What are you talking about ?!

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 06:56 AM
link   
I can't follow your post. Are you talking about faith healing? It's been around forever. SO I'm not sure what you are getting at .... about a 'new movement' ??

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 07:21 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

Faith healing is a old form ,but there's many new form.Like Aum Shinrikyo.

Intense advertising and recruitment activities, dubbed the 'Aum Salvation plan', included claims of curing physical illnesses with health improvement techniques, realizing life goals by improving intelligence and positive thinking, and concentrating on what was important at the expense of leisure. This was to be accomplished by practicing ancient teachings, accurately translated from original Pali sutras (these three were referred to as 'threefold Salvation'). These efforts resulted in Aum becoming one of the fastest-growing religious groups in Japan's history. The religion's practices remained shrouded in secrecy. Initiation rituals often involved the use of hallucinogens, such as '___'. Religious practices often involved extreme ascetic practices claimed to be "yoga". These included everything from renunciants being hung upside down to being given shock therapy.

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 07:30 AM
link   
a reply to: candlestick

Yeah there's a sub-culture in the US that believes medical treatment is a hoax to be avoided. There are guys running website businesses and selling books that depend on people believing a prayer and a happy thought will defeat cancer. Although we can look at the statistics for child cancer patients at Mount Sinai Hosptal NYC (p15), the 'cure with prayer' promoters don't keep track. They get to make the big claims without fear of failure and if a few children die they just didn't BELIEVE enough! Their fault!

There's no reason not to have a clean diet and maybe pray or send happy thoughts to loved ones who are ill. Positivity and placebo effects are still not fully understood. When it goes past that and actively instructs people to abandon medical treatment and solely gamble on prayers is when it becomes wrong and nasty.

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 07:35 AM
link   

It's bigger than just religion. Look at the New Age movement or all the conspiracy theorists who believe that modern medicine is a scam designed to rip you off by keeping you sick and managing your symptoms without curing you. It's the same idea.

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 08:07 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

There's many of scams in modern medicine ,but almost 100% scams in religion and new age movement .

originally posted by: Kandinsky

Yeah there's a sub-culture in the US that believes medical treatment is a hoax to be avoided. There are guys running website businesses and selling books that depend on people believing a prayer and a happy thought will defeat cancer. Although we can look at the statistics for child cancer patients at Mount Sinai Hosptal NYC (p15), the 'cure with prayer' promoters don't keep track. They get to make the big claims without fear of failure and if a few children die they just didn't BELIEVE enough! Their fault!

There's no reason not to have a clean diet and maybe pray or send happy thoughts to loved ones who are ill. Positivity and placebo effects are still not fully understood. When it goes past that and actively instructs people to abandon medical treatment and solely gamble on prayers is when it becomes wrong and nasty.

You know ,those people who create these kind of scums need money ,if people paid too much money into modern medical,there's no $$for them to "earn ".
edit on 5-5-2014 by candlestick because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Intent->Manifestation healing tool as a complement adding substance to the body for healing the body have always existed. And some are probably more efficient than others when it comes to maximize the bodies self-healing ability. Meditation is in fact a low level version of this to start up a chi flow to bring calmness that is needed for the body to get a higher level placebo effect where a calm consciousness with energy manifests small changes in the body.

Some people by themselves after a while get the vibrating hands since the chi flow is so noticeable for them.

Some people like myself are very effected by sound stimuli (for instance Binaural Beats) and feel like our bodies are being physically massaged when we listen to it.

This is not religion. It is abilities that can be learned by yourself without faith in any human created viewpoint.

I did however take a course in Reiki since I was from my point of view had to little chi flow in my hands to be able to help others in my family. One chi flow push from the teacher and 60 seconds later my hands where working as I intended.

Test the Intent->Manifestation healing tools for real without preconceived ideas before dismissing it. There are people what have gotten rid of cancer with Reiki but we cannot promise the same result so if used it should normally be used as a complement to normal medicine if the normal medicine is not harmful in nature.
edit on 5-5-2014 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Oh yaaaaaay another bash religion thread. And this one is more vague than usual.

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kandinsky

I agree more research info intent-manifestation tools are needed and how to best implement it to help people get healthy as a complement to medical treatment. The trouble with medical treatment is that sometimes there are people who do very nasty things for monetary greed since the medical community is not self-regulating itself as well as it should. That is what happens when money is allowed to surpass moral.

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Unless you believe that Christianity is a "New Age" movement (which it most certainly is not), then I think you've missed the ball on this one. Ideas, like the campaign which believes vaccines are "giving our children diseases", are far more dangerous than New Agers who think meditation and only eating organic food will prevent disease.

New Agers may rely on homeopathy and herbalism instead of scientifically supported medical practices, and they certainly misconstrue old practices and religious beliefs, like meditation, for sure. They aren't the dangerous ones though, because at the end of the day they still depend on medicine of one kind or another, alongside their tea, meditation, and happy thoughts. This makes them hypocritical, not dangerous.

The ones who claim that disease is caused by demonic possession though, are the real danger. The people who tell you to pray for your child's health, and then tell you to pray for their resurrection when they die from negligence, are the real danger.

~ Wandering Scribe

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 03:40 PM
link   
I think there is a fine line, too, between those who have faith traditions that don't allow for modern medicine although they are under no illusions as to what prayer may or may not do for them, and those who claim miracles through the laying on of hands.

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 09:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wandering Scribe

New Agers may rely on homeopathy and herbalism instead of scientifically supported medical practices, and they certainly misconstrue old practices and religious beliefs, like meditation, for sure. They aren't the dangerous ones though, because at the end of the day they still depend on medicine of one kind or another, alongside their tea, meditation, and happy thoughts. This makes them hypocritical, not dangerous.

How much$$$ are those organic herb and meditation training?These are all business.
Oh~They don't just use herb only in homeopathy.

The ones who claim that disease is caused by demonic possession though, are the real danger.

New age people usually said disease is caused by "you did something wrong in your past lives"...

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 01:14 PM
link   

How much$$$ are those organic herb and meditation training?These are all business.

All of religion is a business. Having to buy organic food and herbs, or pay for yoga classes and meditation sessions, is no different from tithing or selling indulgences. The estimated 80 billion dollars Christianity takes in a year, tax-free, are just as mind-boggling as a New Age vegan who pays for an "organic" tomato.

New age people usually said disease is caused by "you did something wrong in your past lives"

No they don't.

Karma, a doctrine in Hinduism, one of the world's oldest and longest-lasting contemporary faiths, is where the idea of past-life offenses influencing current plight comes from. However, the doctrine of Karma is more socio-political than religious, as it was a way of explaining why there were differences in wealth and opportunity within India's cast-system. Negative actions you committed in a past-life influenced what caste you were born into: from the untouchables to royalty. Nothing in the Hindu doctrine of Karma says disease and illness comes from past-life activities.

Medical intuits, "psychic doctors", who study the ailments of mind and body from a quasi-spiritual stance, believe that disease and illness are the result of a damaged aura, or a corrupt/poisoned chakra system. The intuit, however, says nothing about a past-life being responsible for your current ailment. The reason, according to medical intuition, has to do with current actions, and not being authentic and true to yourself. Disease is a result of current actions, not past-life actions.

In Wicca and other Neopagan schools that often get lumped in with the New Age, the reason for illness and disease is due to the Law of Return, a kind of watered-down doctrine of Karma, which says that any action you commit in this life, will return to you three-times as powerful before your life is done. Do something bad? Three-times as much evil will come to you; do something good, three-times the reward will come to you. Again though, this doctrine centers around the current life, and current-life activities, not a past-life deed.

~ Wandering Scribe

new topics

top topics

join