It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Don't Agree With Vaping? ...Go to Hell! At Least We're Trying!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 10:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Khaleesi
Achieve exactly the same thing with cigarettes? So you would prefer someone wean themselves off cigs by continuing to use a product that is known to contain over 4000 chemicals? I just gave you the link to a study that disproves your statement an your response is "Nuh uh!" Show me a STUDY to prove your statement.

You deform my words.

I said e-cig are good for public health but to say they help you quit is not true.

Also I showed you the "study" is funded by an e-cig manufacturer, thus unreliable.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 10:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
When I move on to nicotine free vaping will that still make me a addict ?

No.

How far are you from that goal? You say you quit but you only quit smoke, not nicotine.

When I say vaping doesn't help you to quit, I obviously mean quitting nicotin, the addictive agent.

What will happen the day you can't have your e-cig around but there's a shop selling regular cigs?
edit on 6-5-2014 by SpaceGoatFarts because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 10:40 AM
link   
You know it's amazing to watch someone basically saying "Keep smoking dangerous cigarettes, because nicotine is addictive!" So, to hell with the 4000 plus chemicals in cigarettes keep on smoking until you can stop cold turkey or die trying!

You might not like the fact that this doctor is doing a video for an ecig company. I seriously doubt he would risk his reputation as Chief of staff for UCLA Santa Monica Hospital for an ecig company.

In fact, why don't you naysayers post 1 study proving that the nicotine levels in e cigs are dangerous in any way shape or form or for that matter the nicotine in cigarettes. There is no evidence linking nicotine with any known diseases unless you want to count addiction as a disease.

In fact nicotine makes you more mentally aware. So, for those who did not take the 20 minutes to watch this video and refuse to deny ignorance, just keep on talking out of your A**. We will win this battle by knowledge, facts, logic, and proven testimonies of people who have quite smoking. I am one of them.

I started vaping and have not picked up a cigarette since. I started at 12mg nicotine, within 2 weeks went to 8mg, and then a week later down to 6mg. I now vape 50% no nicotine and 50% with 6mg that has 0 health risks for me.

VAPE ON!

edit on 6-5-2014 by UnifiedSerenity because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 10:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: SpaceGoatFarts

Achieve exactly the same thing with cigarettes? So you would prefer someone wean themselves off cigs by continuing to use a product that is known to contain over 4000 chemicals? I just gave you the link to a study that disproves your statement an your response is "Nuh uh!" Show me a STUDY to prove your statement.

You deform my words.

I said e-cig are good for public health but to say they help you quit is not true.

Also I showed you the "study" is funded by an e-cig manufacturer, thus unreliable.

You still haven't shown me a study to prove your statement. You may not like my source but at least I have one. Plus all the testimonials here from former smokers. Your source seems to be your opinion and only your opinion. Please show me a study to support your opinion.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 10:43 AM
link   
You are all so butthurt, are you craving for nicotine or what? I never said smoking is good and e-cig are bad. Re-read my posts.

All I said is that claiming e-cigs can help you quit nicotine is a fallacy, but that e-cig are good for public health.

If you have a problem with that opinion, I'm sorry for you.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 10:46 AM
link   

You still haven't shown me a study to prove your statement. You may not like my source but at least I have one. Plus all the testimonials here from former smokers. Your source seems to be your opinion and only your opinion. Please show me a study to support your opinion.

I have the link to a study when I get home. In the meantime maybe this will satisfy you, but probably not:

Doctors who specialize in helping people quit smoking say confusion about vaping’s benefits for smokers who want to stop makes their job harder. “We don’t have any real evidence that they help people stop smoking,” says Dr. Richard Hurt, who ran the Nicotine Dependence Center at the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn., for 26 years. While he says there’s no question that puffing an e-cig is less harmful than smoking tobacco, “they’re not safer than just breathing clean air.”

Most current smokers want to quit and have tried at least once. About 85 percent of e-cig users said one of the reasons they vaped was to help them quit smoking, according to a four-country survey (PDF) published in the American Journal of Preventive Medicine. But “quitting did not differ between users and nonusers,” the paper noted.

The lack of evidence hasn’t stopped some e-cig makers from promoting their products as smoking cessation aides.

www.businessweek.com...

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 10:52 AM
link   

You are all so butthurt, are you craving for nicotine or what? I never said smoking is good and e-cig are bad. Re-read my posts.

All I said is that claiming e-cigs can help you quit nicotine is a fallacy, but that e-cig are good for public health.

If you have a problem with that opinion, I'm sorry for you.

So now you resort to rudeness. Saying we are butthurt and craving nicotine. You can not back up your opinion with factual information. You have a right to your opinion but please do not act like we are not allowed our opinions too. I do not have a problem with your opinion. I have a problem with your lack of facts to back up your opinion.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 10:55 AM
link   

I have the link to a study when I get home. In the meantime maybe this will satisfy you, but probably not:

Doctors who specialize in helping people quit smoking say confusion about vaping’s benefits for smokers who want to stop makes their job harder. “We don’t have any real evidence that they help people stop smoking,” says Dr. Richard Hurt, who ran the Nicotine Dependence Center at the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn., for 26 years. While he says there’s no question that puffing an e-cig is less harmful than smoking tobacco, “they’re not safer than just breathing clean air.”

Most current smokers want to quit and have tried at least once. About 85 percent of e-cig users said one of the reasons they vaped was to help them quit smoking, according to a four-country survey (PDF) published in the American Journal of Preventive Medicine. But “quitting did not differ between users and nonusers,” the paper noted.

The lack of evidence hasn’t stopped some e-cig makers from promoting their products as smoking cessation aides.

www.businessweek.com...

I just have to laugh. Your article quotes a SURVEY, not an actual study.

ETA OMG your article actually quote BIG PHARMA?

Gums and patches deliver controlled doses of nicotine to ease withdrawal symptoms, says Dr. Beloo Mirakhur, U.S. medical director of GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) Consumer Healthcare, which sells Nicorette and Nicoderm CQ.

No conflict of interest there LOL.
edit on 6-5-2014 by Khaleesi because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 10:58 AM
link   

You can not back up your opinion with factual information. You have a right to your opinion but please do not act like we are not allowed our opinions too. I do not have a problem with your opinion. I have a problem with your lack of facts to back up your opinion.

It's just in the post above yours.

Also the butthurt comment wasn't for you specifically but for those who twisted my words saying crap like

You know it's amazing to watch someone basically saying "Keep smoking dangerous cigarettes, because nicotine is addictive!"

Sorry I find it low and I find you overly defensive regarding a simple claim that e-cig don't help to quit nicotine as all independent studies have concluded so far. The only thing that can help are therapies to help with addiction, because it's mostly in the head.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: SpaceGoatFarts

How far are you from that goal? You say you quit but you only quit smoke, not nicotine.

The harmful element in smoking is the smoke and the chemicals and tar contained within the smoke so by quitting smoking I have removed that health hazard , nicotine at the low levels contained in e-cigs is no more harmful than caffeine plus you can control the amount of nicotine in an e-cig which you can't do with a tabacco cig.

What will happen the day you can't have your e-cig around but there's a shop selling regular cigs?

I would buy a disposable e-cig , if they didn't have one of those I would not buy tabacco as I can go for a day without vaping now plus I have no desire to smoke tabacco anymore.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 10:59 AM
link   

www.businessweek.com...

Laugh all you want. That survey still disproves your study, and I told you I'll be back wit a real study tonight. Don't make a fool of yourself.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Nothing you said contradicts my posts.

We basically agree.

At least you did not attack my posts.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 11:01 AM
link   

www.businessweek.com...

Laugh all you want. That survey still disproves your study, and I told you I'll be back wit a real study tonight. Don't make a fool of yourself.

Read my edit. Your article quotes a BIG PHARMA rep. No conflict of interest there?

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Gums and patches deliver controlled doses of nicotine to ease withdrawal symptoms, says Dr. Beloo Mirakhur, U.S. medical director of GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) Consumer Healthcare, which sells Nicorette and Nicoderm CQ.

This is not the part I quoted.

your methods are truly deceptive.

You guys are really super sensitive about this.

I'm out so you can chill out a bit.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 11:04 AM
link   

This is not the part I quoted.

your methods are truly deceptive.

My methods are not deceptive. YOU are the one that conveniently left out that part. It is a quote from the very article you want to use to support your claim.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 11:10 AM
link   
This is what I use to support my claim. Deal with it.

Dr. Richard Hurt, who ran the Nicotine Dependence Center at the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn., for 26 years.

That's the opinion I'm quoting.

Now tell me this guy is a tool of big pharma.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: SpaceGoatFarts

Nothing you said contradicts my posts.

I'm not sure that is true , you said "Vaping doesn't help to quit smoking" whereas with me it has.

At least you did not attack my posts.

You are entitled to your opinion as I am to mine although in this subject my opinion is based on personal experience.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 11:42 AM
link   

I'm not sure that is true , you said "Vaping doesn't help to quit smoking" whereas with me it has.

I was obviously referring to nicotin intake as "smoking", as the full quote made it clear:

Vaping doesn't help to quit smoking. You just inhale nicotin using a different medium.

Maybe smoking wasn't a good term, I'm sorry.

And for Khaleesi, here is a bone to chew:

Study

Electronic cigarettes (e-cigarettes) can deliver nicotine and mitigate tobacco withdrawal and are used by many smokers to assist quit attempts. We investigated whether e-cigarettes are more effective than nicotine patches at helping smokers to quit.

Achievement of abstinence was substantially lower than we anticipated for the power calculation, thus we had insufficient statistical power to conclude superiority of nicotine e-cigarettes to patches or to placebo e-cigarettes.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: jude11
Good luck to you jude11.
I liked the attitude.
I quit smoking for 1 1/2 years now because of e-cigs.
The hardest thing for me was not lighting up when I got up in the morning.
Just keep working at it, you can do it.
As for the people that complain about you vaping they complain about everything don't let them get to you, your doing good.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: jude11

I totally and 100% encourage the E-Smoke and vaporizers for smokers whether you want to quit or not. I am a non-smoker and the vilifying of cigarettes and smoking is just plain f**King crazy.

My mom went on the e-smoke and this is the best progress I have ever seen in someone trying to quit smoking. She isn't homicidal like she usually is without nicotine... more people who want to quit should be on here... and for those who don't want to quit, use it to filter!

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join