It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Don't Agree With Vaping? ...Go to Hell! At Least We're Trying!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 03:26 AM
link   
To sum it up, my long post was pretty much just about me quitting after 16 years (started at age 18) as my new years resolution.

I had tried before, and cold turkey never came close to working for me. The ecig did though. It didn't take long for me to scale it down to the weakest eliquid either, and from there it wasn't hard to let it go.

It's been a couple months now since I've had any nicotine, and I know I couldn't have done it without the ecig.

I also was talking about a few of my health concerns (strange side-effects that popped up during ecig use and haven't yet gone away) and how I wonder now if I got off scott-free and the ecig saved my life, or if I'm just not yet fully aware of the actual cost of this method.

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 05:14 AM
link   
I'll quit smoking when you quit bathing in cheap perfume

fair?

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 05:22 AM
link   
a reply to: jude11

10 months tobacco free thanks to an e-cig , the people that bitch about vaping don't have a clue what they're talking about and need to live and let live.

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 05:43 AM
link   
I fully comprehend the power of drugs. May I suggest rather than placating your senses with another synthetic solution, try cold turkey with a more natural way, like eating a fruit, going for a walk, getting into a conversation. It's hard at first ( usually the first two or three weeks) but it can be done. At the end of the day, it comes down to will power. For some it's easier, for others, not so much. I appreciate your outlashing toward the non-vaping crowd but use this vehement energy to quit instead of wasting words on others who don't understand or care.

Good luck!

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 06:19 AM
link   
... vape away dude I didnt know anyone cared. This is news to me.

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 06:32 AM
link   
I admit that I had no idea what 'vaping' was or why someone would tell others to 'go to hell' over it. So now that I know what it is ... I can see why the author would be cranky .... going through cig detox. I wish you well in cleansing your system and overcoming your addictions. Good luck. (and keep in mind that you can get cranky in the process so be careful with words ... you may say something that you'll regret later).
Good luck.

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 08:31 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

YEP!
FIVE months tobacco-free for my wife and I...THANKS to E-cigs!
We'll never go back to regular cigs!; give whomever invented these things, the Nobel Prize for Medicine!

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 09:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: GreysAreGays
The only harmful thing about vaping is the temperature of the vapor tearing up your throat.

Its not hot and it doesnt tear up your throat.

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Yeah honestly, its hot and tears up your throat? thats your 1 liner to add? Thats total CRAP. I vape on the sub-ohm level, which is much more intense than the store-bought vaping items... and I never burn my throat, and its not hot, unless you want to enter the .2 ohm and lower coil levels.

I too am sick of people telling us how to exhale our water vapor.

If they really cared about kids going after candy flavors... why not just ban candy. im sure all that sugar and fat is much healthier than inhaling some water vapor, righttttttt.

If they really cared about clean air, they wouldnt be driving a car, and would support a ban on automobiles.

If people want to tell me how to live my life, they really have no place living in the USA... GTFO and go elsewhere

Theres plenty of other things that are much worse in society than me blowing some clouds of water vapor... lets start with the politicians and lobbyists and ban them.
edit on 5-5-2014 by morder1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: jude11

You and I have crossed paths about this topic a few times in the last month or so...I'm still struggling with not smoking...it's been about a month and a half since I quit cigarettes.

Once I bought a vapor device, that struggle became a whole lot easier. I've already weaned down 2 levels of dosage in this short amount of time as well. To me, it is no different than using other aids such as the patch or the Nicorette gum.

I look at it like you do...at least we are trying.

I know many think that cold turkey is the best way....I just think it is the best way for THEM.

I know myself and I know with 100% certainty that cold turkey will not work for me.

I commend you on your attempts at quitting and completely understand your frustration with people not understanding what vapor is and what it is not.

My husband is still smoking a couple a day and I know it's killing him that he can't quit completely. While not trying to enable him, I still tell him how proud I am of him for how far he has come.

We were both smoking 1 - 1 1/2 packs a day so, for him to go down to 2....that's pretty darn good.

Just keep doing your thing Jude....to hell with the rest of 'em. People that have never been hooked on cigarettes just cannot understand how hard this drug is to quit

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

YEP!
We'll never go back to regular cigs!; give whomever invented these things, the Nobel Prize for Medicine!

Congrats and great job to both of you!

You're totally on to something with your Nobel Prize idea....my vapor has been a true gift in helping me quit.

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 12:28 PM
link   
In all truth, I have no problems with people Vaping, as long as it's not in public buildings, or areas of public transit like planes, trains, busses, trams, or boats.

Other than that, what one does in their home in regards to vaping is none of my business.

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: ParanoidAmerican

A "redneck" smoking you out at a stop sign???? *shakes head
The trucker I encountered just happened to be a yankee.

Anyways, vape away. Hell, just light up and smoke 'til your done. Don't worry about what other people think. Pretty soon it'll be offensive to breathe in public.

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 12:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: MagesticEsoteric

originally posted by: IAMTAT

YEP!

Congrats and great job to both of you!

You're totally on to something with your Nobel Prize idea....my vapor has been a true gift in helping me quit.

I'm so inspired by the success of vaping for others.

I have a daily struggle but I know absolutely that it's the only way for me. I was at 2 packs a day but am now at only 5 cigs a day with vaping.

Almost there!

Peace

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 12:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: VoidFire
In all truth, I have no problems with people Vaping, as long as it's not in public buildings, or areas of public transit like planes, trains, busses, trams, or boats.

Other than that, what one does in their home in regards to vaping is none of my business.

Why?

It's water vapor. Should we keep tea kettles out of the public view as well?

Sarcastic, I know. But this is the battle we have with people who think cigs and vaping are the same. They are vastly different.

Peace

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: GreysAreGays
The only harmful thing about vaping is the temperature of the vapor tearing up your throat.

So let's ban saunas, steam rooms and hot showers! Maybe hot beverages while we are at it! Better safe than sorry.

Why let stupid citizens decide how much heated water vapor they can withstand, the nanny state knows better!

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 01:11 PM
link   
People complaining about vaping are funny... our air is seriously polluted and borders don't work with gasses. A trace amount of steam and nicotine are not the problem.

You can't get away from industrial/transportation/power pollutants ...let alone the stuff spewing out from natural sources... not completely. Not unless you leave the planet.

Then there's the drinking water. All the drugs people pee out and throw away to seep into the water table from landfills... our water has higher concentrations of drugs than the average waft of steam from vaping.

Besides, we're all on a grim clock... what's a trace amount of a comparatively harmless drug in the big picture? What's a whiff of actual cig smoke, for that matter? Make room for the other humans riding the ride... we're all smelly creatures expelling gasses , after all, and nothing we do can make us last forever.

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: VoidFire

Do you have a problem with people consuming strong smelling foods or hot beverages in public? They might spill steaming hot coffee all over you! Ahhhh! You might smell something! Ahhhh!

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Trying to get the courage to start vaping...

Proud of you for trying to quit.

The very last thing you need is people complaining about water vapor...

Sheesh, the guy is in the fight of his life.

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 01:44 PM
link   
I have not had a cigarette in 455 days! I smoked over a pack a day for 33yrs, at this point I honestly don't care what non-smokers think about it.

In that 455 days, I have cut the nicotine level from 22mg per 30ml to 12mg per 30ml, by this time next year I expect to be nicotine free, it has helped me get over something that WAS going to kill me given time.

for me case closed, go bother someone else about something else PC authoritarians.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join