It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your request timed out. Please retry the request.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Getting "Connection reset" errors and having to reload

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Just got it three times trying to reply to a thread. Got tired of retyping and had to copy it so when it happened the third time all I had to do was paste and post. That time it worked. lol

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Didn't work for me all day either. Just writing here to test it again.

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 10:32 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

me too.... i dont rewrite my replies.... its ATS' loss!

ETA... hmmmm well this seemed to work fine!

edit on 2014-05-05T10:33:32-05:00201405bam3105am3231 by combatmaster because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: combatmaster

All you have to do when this happens is hit refresh. Your post will go through.

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Just got it again. It was a really good reply too!!

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 10:41 AM
link   
This may have been posted already, but I said this in the other glitchy thread and figured it would server here as well.

PSA If you lose your post from a timed out error, just hit refresh to resend it. You wont lose all that you have typed.

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 04:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: SkepticOverlord
There was some networking issues at our hosting provider. All should be well now.

Nope, still happening.

I just had to copy and repaste this reply as it timed out 'Again' and lost my previous reply

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Just happened to me

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 04:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: ausername
a reply to: combatmaster

All you have to do when this happens is hit refresh. Your post will go through.

No it doesn't. It kept happening yesterday and it's doing it again today. This is my second attempt to post this.

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Ug! I can maybe get one replay in before having to logout/login.

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 04:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing
Just got it three times trying to reply to a thread. Got tired of retyping and had to copy it so when it happened the third time all I had to do was paste and post. That time it worked. lol

You don't have to retype. Just hit refresh after you get the timeout error, and it will ask if you want to resubmit the form. Choose "Yes" and your post will still be there.

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 05:03 PM
link   
It was fine for about three hours, but now it is happening again. I am able to just refresh the page using the button at the end of the URL bar, and have it go through anyway, but it is making things more difficult than normal, and people with different browsers may be having issues that I am not.

This is very strange, and some manner of update as to what is happening, why it is happening, and what is being done to solve it would probably go some way to reassuring folk that we are not in the middle of a hack attack!

I know that staff and moderators are doing all they can to look into this matter, and I appreciate the effort thus far expended. I wish you all the greatest possible luck in finding the cause of this binary malady, and curing it.

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Make sure to hit refresh to not lose any reply.

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Hit the F5 button. It should ask you if you want to resend. Works every time for me on firefox, and been getting a lot of timeouts so far today.

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 05:12 PM
link   
I have gotten furious a few times, having a nice reply all ready, only to lose it! Grrr!

Yes, hitting refresh during the "request timed out" page works.

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Well, if anyone is keeping tabs it just happened to me as well.

On top of this I couldn't log onto the site because the pop up poll is covering the login button - had to download Element Hiding Helper for support.

ETA: the F5 key works - thanks for the tip!
edit on 5-5-2014 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 07:18 PM
link   
a reply to: LadySkadi

Yes, F5 is a wonder button for these kinds of things. I have heard disturbing reports from other members that the entire internet has been sort of screwy for them. I ought to point out,that the only members from whom I have heard such tidings, have been resident of the US or Canada.

I should also point out, that periodically, my iPad displays all button icons on this site as little squares, instead of their proper icons. This goes for all the top bar buttons, the star buttons, the flag button, and all the text control buttons,like italics,bold, and so on. It is not all the time, but something deeply bloody odd is happening around here and no mistake!

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Methinks it is related to that stupid poll that pops up before I log in

Get rid of the POLL!

Maybe
X

copy reply retry retry
Done

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Same here. It's really getting annoying. Got a nice long post, full of thoughtful remarks and poetic insights, and BAM! The site junks it, for whatever reason. Just submitting my report for the statistics machine.

edit on 5-5-2014 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join