It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would you want to survive nuclear war?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 06:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: derfreebie
a reply to: openminded2011

Well put, a flag and star for doom's sake.
Although sketchy, I have read and heard on alternative media
from some quantum physicists with ties to the metaphysical--
since the two realms in logical comparison have some parallels.
It was argued and put out there that the main reason for
developing the bomb was to erase and destroy matter at the
subatomic level (if such a thing is plausible? I'll insert doubt here).

Include the fact we're being herded into cities for possibly more
than just crowd control, and it makes more sense. Now this wild
speculation by some learned fellows the destruction of the soul
as well as the body... time to turn in my brain hurts. I can do that
on late Sunday nights now without even a kerchief over my head.

If only the provable was indeed the aftermath of a total exchange:
and we were left with an irradiated mud ball with at least a hundred
times the background radiation of Fukishima, much less Chernobyl;
I don't think anybody dancing around outside with guns should be
making long term plans. They could turn puffy and drop in a fortnight.

Well put. I have always felt that the vision Hollywood has given us of nuclear war is hyper optimism at the least. I dont think anyone would be alive more than a couple years after a nuclear war. The radiation would eventually get in the whole biosphere and only very hardy organisms would survive it. Cockroaches probably. Well at least Hollywood probably got that right.

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: elysiumfire

Yorkshire will certainly be hit with a considerable amount, and may in fact be attacked first to take out Fylingdales Early Warning Centre, and a few of the big cities, York, Harrogate, Leeds and Sheffield, and nuclear reactors.

I am glad you missed my home town of Hull (which is a major city in Yorkshire). Does this mean life would carry on as normal for us undisturbed. We are quite insular you know.

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Well, I don't really buy into the whole 'Roving Gangs' thing.

I think that the spirit of all people will be so shattered, so irreversibly destroyed, that people will cry with joy just seeing other survivors. People won't be ganging up. They'll be developing almost instantaneous psychoses.

Such an event will bring people together like never before. Sadness will abound, utter, maniacal sadness. This sadness and grief will only be healed by coming together with others.

The air will be poisonous and perhaps even painful to breathe. Water will be polluted beyond measure. Food will be so hard to find that most will die before they can even find it.

Mind you, most people will be so sick and injured that they won't even think about food and such. Third degree burns will be minor injuries. Hands, fingers, even whole limbs and faces will be burnt right off. Eyes will be boiled inside the skull. Most people will be blind from the flash, even miles away. Ear drums will rupture, causing permanent deafness.

In short, it will be an event that will end the country. Those who live far off in the country-side may be lucky enough to survive for a few years at best. The fallout will take care of them, seeing as it was a multi-bomb attack.

All of that makes the terrible world we live in sound pretty good, right?

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 11:10 PM
link   
there will be pockets of people who will survive.

city dwellers hit by nukes will not.

bomb the food producing areas. kill more people in the long run.

simple if you want to wipe out a country.

i'd rather a cocktail in my hand and watch it come down than die of starvation and radiation sickness.

where i live, it's fairly protected by the terrain between me and the big city, from initial blast. imo.

most people will not survive, they don't know how to take care of themselves without electricity.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I think it is not in best interest of those who rule the world to kill their slave workers, so I think nothing will be of nuclear war.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Yes i would...
Reason, Have you seen the size of the Cabbages, Elk and wolves in and around Chernobyl.??
Life finds a way...Always.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join