It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Years Toronto Meetup!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 07:17 PM
link   
DuesEx and I will be hosting a meetup to celebrate New Years in Toronto. More details to follow. Just remember the success of the Great Lakes ATS Adventure!

EDIT:

The Plans
1.) We meet up December 31, at 5:00 PM, in front of Union Station in downtown Toronto. See below for location of Union Station...

2.) Hit the town until an ungodly hour of night. Most likely going to Pravda and other bars for food and drinks. Head over to Nathan Philip Square to watch the ball drop, get to the clubs, and all that other fun stuff.

Uhhh... yes. We can return to pravda, or we can vary our choice of drink.

I'm guessing this is going to turn this into a "legal" ATS party now, since minors may have some trouble getting into the clubs/bars.

How to get to Union Station
www.city.toronto.on.ca...

Union Station is located in downtown Toronto at 65 Front Street West, which is on the south side of the street opposite the Fairmont Royal York Hotel, between Bay and York Streets. Map it with Toronto Maps.

Directions by car:
From the South West:
Queen Elizabeth Way eastbound connecting to Gardiner Expressway eastbound. Take the Yonge/York/Bay exit. Follow York Street. Union Station's vehicle entrance is on the east side of York Street (your right side), just south of Front Street West.

More detailed driving directions from your departure point can also be obtained at www.mapquest.com...

From the North West:
Exit from Highway 401 southbound onto Highway 427. Follow Highway 427 onto the Gardiner Expressway eastbound. Take the Yonge/York/Bay exit. Union Station's vehicle entrance is on the east side of York Street (your right side), just south of Front Street West.

More detailed driving directions from your departure point can also be obtained at www.mapquest.com...

From the East:
Exit from Highway 401 westbound onto the Don Valley Parkway (DVP) southbound. Follow the DVP to the Gardiner Expressway westbound and keep going west. Take the Yonge/York/Bay exit to the Lake Shore Blvd. westbound lanes. Follow Lake Shore Blvd. to York Street. Turn right on York Street northbound. Union Station's vehicle entrance is on the east side of York Street (your right side), just before the south side of Front Street West.

Parking:
There is a public parking lot located at the southeast corners of York Street and Front Street West, accessible from the east side of York Street. The parking lot is not operated by Union Station or the City of Toronto. For information about parking rates at this lot, contact the operator, Renascent Fellowship Parking at 416-927-1202.

Directions to Union Station by TTC
Union Station is located on the Yonge/University/Spadina subway lines. From either the Yonge or University/Spadina lines take the subway southbound to the Union Station subway station. Follow the directional signage that will lead you to northeast side of Union Station, known as the GO concourse area and directional signage there that will take you into Union Station.

Directions to and from Pearson International Airport by Public Transit:
There is no direct public transportation at this time between Union Station and Pearson International Airport. However, GO Transit, the Toronto Transit Commission (TTC) and Airport Express offer regular service between various points in Toronto and the airport.

Guestlist (from confirmations recieved via u2u)
DuesEx
cmdrkeenkid

Maybes
intrepid
goregrinder
parrhesia

[edit on 11/30/2004 by cmdrkeenkid]

[edit on 12/13/2004 by cmdrkeenkid]

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Word! Everyone, get all up in Canadia and come to Toronto. Depending on how comes, it might be a small thing at my place, or we might go mob it up on the streets of the T-dot.

Now, who's in?

DE

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 07:46 PM
link   
ill be slaving away here in nyc (so close) but good luck, i hope you get a great turn out. new years is a great time to get a bunch of atsers together, especially in one of the cooler cities that side of the border.

everybody, go!

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 07:48 PM
link   
I'm 1/2 hr down the 401. Could be fun.

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Will be fun. How old are you, DeeVee?

DE

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 07:51 PM
link   
43 but "ahem" you'd never know it

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Perfect. Join us, metting spot will probably be around Union Station, because from there we can hoof it to wherever.

DE

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Cough cough and all that.

Arsenal lost agasint Liverpool (damn!)

Oh about meeting up, u never know

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 07:56 PM
link   
I'd come, but I live way away from there.

My car might be fast, and might look pretty nice...but it's got the miles and gas still costs money. Not to mention time and effort. Saint Louis Missouri to Canada..wow.

Have fun wit it though, n' all that.

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Cool. Would be fun. I genreally make a point of staying in on New Years (and Oktoberfest) so as to avoid the rubes. This would be different. I'll be in touch via u2u

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 08:02 PM
link   
i WOULD come, if i wasn't a 16 year older with a permit who lives right by NYC

cannot wait for the pics of this event

also, when the hell is the NY (C???) ATS meet-up!?!?!?

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 08:07 PM
link   
BTW cmdrkeenkid, the link in your sig. (about this thread) SHOULD be:

New Years Toronto Meetup!

it is messed up so this will help

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Awesome! There needs to be more of these meetups going on!

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 08:42 PM
link   
ARGH! I go to Toronto EVERY SUMMER... my uncle lives on Jane & Wilson... and my aunt lives in Scarborough. I know most of the roads around Toronto, ESPECIALLY the 401, 403 and 427 highways. I think I even have an idea of where Union Station is. TOO BAD I LIVE IN NY. I live about 55 miles north of NYC in Westchester County.

If this was during the summer months, (I'm going back this coming July) I'd try to make it. Oh well.

Toronto is such a great city. I love it there. If the draft comes back here in the US, you'll be sure to find me there!

[STAY COOL)
-prophetmike

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Toronto is happening place, just got back from the Beaches tonight. My sister lives there.....keep us posted.

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 09:55 PM
link   
A good possibility of the Mirthful one making an appearance at said event... The warm environs of Florida for the icy cold of Toronto? If ATS is involved it just might be justifiable.

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 11:07 PM
link   
I'm so there.

as long as the Buffalo winter doesn't have me snowed in.

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 11:08 PM
link   
I'd more than likely be able to make it.

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 10:39 AM
link   
That could be fun. If I ever quit my job (wich I would like to do before the end of december) I might do a trip to Kenmore, Alberta. So I guess I could stop by Toronto for the meeting, if the timing is correct.

I need to gather some economies for this trip if I want it to happen.

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Whooooo! Our steam-gahter is MANY.

Tentatively, the plan is as follows:

1. everyone meets in front of Union Station. it's downtown, easily recognizable, and right where the train lets everyone out.

2. We hit the clubs/bars/etc.

3. We head down to Nathan Philips Square for the ball-drop.

4. Drunken carousing resumes until collapse.

DE

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join