It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Strong Case of Political Apathy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Lately, I have developed a very apathetic attitude towards politics in general. I have my own shop so I of course get to hear what the rednecks have to say about "Barak Osama"......yes I'm serious. And yes, sure the man sucks at his job because he is a puppet. But aren't they all?

What possible difference does it make? No matter which political party takes power, nothing ever changes. I take that back, each time one of them takes power things change for the worse.

This forum is about "Politcal Ideology". Well folks I've got news for you. America isn't a country, it is a corporation. So you can flush your "political ideology" down the sh*tter, because it truly doesn't matter anymore.

Sometimes the truth hurts, but I guess it is what it is.

-solong
edit on 4-5-2014 by solongandgoodnight because: spell

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 09:13 PM
link   
a reply to: solongandgoodnight

im a huge advocate for the elimination of the current form of western democracy that exists in most "western" nations.
you are exactly right, they are corporations, either for conspiratorial reasons or just to avoid liabilities...

the only way forward is to remove that democracy, instill something else and REMOVE RIGHTS FROM CORPORATIONS!!!

the corporate entity needs to be reduced to some individual responsibility

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 09:16 PM
link   

I think its so ironic that America is probably first in civilian owned weaponry, but hasn't had a hard revolution since the late 1700s.

It would seem that the elite is cohesive in its relentless quest for opulence, while the masses are constrained and stressed in fragmented individualism.

edit on 4-5-2014 by Gianfar because: grammar

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 09:23 PM
link   

edit on 4-5-2014 by Gianfar because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Well folks I've got news for you. America isn't a country, it is a corporation. So you can flush your "political ideology" down the sh*tter, because it truly doesn't matter anymore.

And that is why they call it "Politics".

The ability to pull wool over most of the peoples eyes most of the time.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 11:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Well folks I've got news for you. America isn't a country, it is a corporation. So you can flush your "political ideology" down the sh*tter, because it truly doesn't matter anymore.

And that is why they call it "Politics".

The ability to pull wool over most of the peoples eyes most of the time.

Capitalism depends on an endless increase in growth. Unfettered expansion becomes hegemony, striking a balance between the opulence of the elite and the survival of the working class. But I would predict that in the west (including America) people will have to adjust to community living and vegetarianism under economic austerity measures.

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 06:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Gianfar

Well said. Our capitalism is really just capitalizing on others misfortune. That misfortune is actually generated by those that want to capitalize on it. That balance between the rich elite and poor masses is delicate. And since greed is involved, the outcome is inevitable.

One day the US capital will resemble the ruins of ancient Greece and Rome.

There will be a dome, fluted marble pillars and stadiums rotting into the ground.

Capitalism doesn't really exist, its the carrot on the stick that misleads the 99 % into struggling for ever for little more than subsistence. They should call it something else.

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 02:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Well said. Our capitalism is really just capitalizing on others misfortune. That misfortune is actually generated by those that want to capitalize on it. That balance between the rich elite and poor masses is delicate. And since greed is involved, the outcome is inevitable.

One day the US capital will resemble the ruins of ancient Greece and Rome.

There will be a dome, fluted marble pillars and stadiums rotting into the ground.

Capitalism doesn't really exist, its the carrot on the stick that misleads the 99 % into struggling for ever for little more than subsistence. They should call it something else.

Yeah, the west will have to face the folly of arrogance if history serves us well. This reality begins to set in when one considers America's economic connection with her two greatest enemies, Russia and China, and how that interdependence is crippling US regional security as both countries ratchet up the stakes in military backed resource initiatives.

America took the Iraqi oil fields which was seen as a major strike against the eastern oil consortium. Now Russia is preempting western political initiatives in former eastern block nations and China is going after oil reserves off the coast of Vietnam.

Quite amazing to be living in a generation that can witness the circle of history closing in at about 180 degrees.

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Well said.

new topics

top topics

join