It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1 In 13 U.S. Schoolkids Taking Psychiatric Medication

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 07:47 PM
link   
That's almost 8% of our kids taking psych meds. I suspect most of this is due to a few primary factors: 1) the over-diagnosis of psychiatric conditions for industry profit; 2) the invention of new psychiatric conditions with which to over-diagnose; and, 3) the increasing gullibility and infantile reliance of parents on "expert medical opinion".

However, it is noteworthy that the media rarely asks WHY. I guess it's because either everyone already knows and doesn't want to say anything, or they don't know and don't really care to: our food is poison, our water is poison, our air is poison, and--most importantly when talking psychology--our culture is poison.

Anyway that's my two cents. Here it is:

1 In 13 U.S. Schoolkids Taking Psychiatric Medication

Overall, the researchers found that 7.5 percent of U.S. children between the ages of 6 and 17 were taking medication for an emotional or behavioral problem. Significantly more boys than girls were given medication -- 9.7 percent of boys compared with 5.2 percent of girls.

Data for the study came from the National Health Interview Survey, which continually collects information about health and health care in the United States. All of the information on children is obtained through parental (or other guardian) responses. None of the information comes from medical records.

Not for long...

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 08:00 PM
link   
this is the cause of all the mass shootings, anyone with the brain cells to think for themselves understands the balme is on the shoulders of big pharma and lobbyists, not guns

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Statistic for you..
80% of the worlds perscription drugs are taken in the US..
i would show proof od this but i am not at home.. so no pc or spellcheck..

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 08:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: ThichHeaded
Statistic for you..
80% of the worlds perscription drugs are taken in the US..
i would show proof od this but i am not at home.. so no pc or spellcheck..

One need only walk down the street and be observant for proof. No worries.

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Start feeding them some good quality hot dogs with mustard and onions. Some good aged Italian sausages and some coffee will work wonders in moderation also. That will help them deal better with stress. A Pizza works but too much pizza can screw up the intestines if eaten too often. Too much glutamines between the crust and tomatoes coupled with the aged cheese and aged meats.

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 10:57 PM
link   
a reply to: NthOther

Only 8%? I would have thought it'd have been more than that.

Back in high school (late seventies), I was put on small doses of Haldol to control motor tics caused by Tourette Syndrome. After popping it for a few weeks, I decided one day that I didn't want to take the medicine and went off all at once. My mother was very upset at the time. Now, she's so glad that I did that. I still have some tics, but I am myself.

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 11:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Start feeding them some good quality hot dogs with mustard and onions. Some good aged Italian sausages and some coffee will work wonders in moderation also. That will help them deal better with stress. A Pizza works but too much pizza can screw up the intestines if eaten too often. Too much glutamines between the crust and tomatoes coupled with the aged cheese and aged meats.

Yeah, what happened to getting a kid an ice cream cone when he's feeling down?

Nope. Straight to pills for the rest of his life. It's like fishing with dynamite.

"I got one!"

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 11:10 PM
link   
a reply to: NthOther

There are actually a lot of good neurochemicals in a hot dog and bun. Same with the other foods I mentioned. Improper types of glutamate are bad for us though. Should be naturally aged glutamate, not hydrolyzed soy crap.

I think someone set up society to believe a lie so they could sell us pills.

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 11:33 PM
link   
I was listening to the radio(This is the 1st time I have listen to the radio in like probably 7 or 8 yrs.. Yes I lack tv to..) Anyway.. An ad came on the radio walking about some drug they were pushing.. They said the side effects and then said this drug was not studied.. < -- Really?? And people will still go on it, and people will die from it and people will wonder wtf, and then people will maybe... Nope they have a drug for doubting prescription drugs..

Why do Americans consume 80% of world's painkiller drugs?

Among the startling statistics, the United States now consumes 80% of the world's opioid pain medications and 99% of the world's hydrocodone (semi-synthetic opioid). The milligram per person use of prescription opioids in the United States increased from 74mg to 369mg, an increase of 402%, between 1997 and 2007. Prescription medication abuse is now only second to marijuana in terms of frequency. Prescription pharmaceuticals have become the newest – and seemingly, deadliest – gateway drug we have seen yet; nearly a third of people aged 12 and over who used drugs "recreationally" for the first time in 2009 began by using a prescription drug non-medically.

edit on 5/4/2014 by ThichHeaded because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 11:56 AM
link   
This is also another possible effect of MSG accumulation. As more and more MSG is loaded into more and more foods, MSG levels will be building up faster than they used to, so these problems will show up at ever younger ages. Also I just read that diabetes rates among children and youth are sky rocketing, which could also be an MSG effect. So many problems are probably MSG related that surely the first step in many of these cases should be to eliminate MSG completely in some of these patients and see what, if any, differences there are in behaviour or biabetes symptoms.

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Although I know is a big business,but it seem like a big human experiment.

new topics

top topics

join