It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I need some assistance with research

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 06:43 PM
link   
I want to post a thread about an incident happening in another town but I want to do some research to add with my story to help give it a bigger picture.
The research I want to do is about a small town Malawka in B.C, Canada. It is a small town with a population of 649 people & I think has been around since 1901 or even further back as a very nearby town had the very last spike that was placed in the Canadian Pacific Railway done there.

Does anyone know of a site or two that I could use that would have information about the old town like history & past crimes?
I have had a hard time finding anything just using google & as the town is so small.

Any sites you can provide me will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 07:02 PM
link   
You've wandered into my territory of expertise. My first suggestion would be to contact libraries in Canada. They should point you in the right direction from there. www.vpl.ca...

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 07:10 PM
link   
You can do newspaper searches. A lot of old newspaper content has been digitized and is available online. I'd look for the nearest historical society as well.

This page makes reference to a Malawka Regional Library but they don't seem to have a website or any contact information.

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 07:17 PM
link   
a reply to: knoledgeispower

You might try looking up different museums in that area. Or the "historical/preservation society" for that area.

Here's a link to website I found

Chinese-Canadian Historical Society of British Columbia

List of museums in B C

EDIT:

Try expanding your search to "Eagle Valley" and Sicamous
edit on 4-5-2014 by MagicWand67 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Ummm…

Last spike driven in the Canadian Pacific Railway

Railways love historical aspects of their monopolies. Hope that helps!

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 07:57 PM
link   

What is the name of the city town you are researching.

Nevermind...I see you did name it. Malawka in B.C, Canada

Des

edit on 4-5-2014 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 08:05 PM
link   
a reply to: knoledgeispower Not sure if this will help ,but it may have some ledes you can chase down . shuswapnation.org... best of luck ETA shuswapnation.org...

edit on 4-5-2014 by the2ofusr1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 10:03 PM
link   
I think your spelling is incorrect.

The correct spelling is Malakwa.

Wiki

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 12:00 AM
link   
a reply to: MagicWand67

oops, yes you are correct about the spelling, I mistyped it. I only just learned about the place a couple days a go because my Mom is doing a flooring job out there.

Thanks to everyone who has provided me with tips. I'll check them out & see what I can do. I can only do online options as I only have pay as you go text plan & there isn't a long distance call plan

new topics

top topics

join