It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

I need some assistance with research

page: 1

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 06:43 PM
I want to post a thread about an incident happening in another town but I want to do some research to add with my story to help give it a bigger picture.
The research I want to do is about a small town Malawka in B.C, Canada. It is a small town with a population of 649 people & I think has been around since 1901 or even further back as a very nearby town had the very last spike that was placed in the Canadian Pacific Railway done there.

Does anyone know of a site or two that I could use that would have information about the old town like history & past crimes?
I have had a hard time finding anything just using google & as the town is so small.

Any sites you can provide me will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 07:02 PM
You've wandered into my territory of expertise. My first suggestion would be to contact libraries in Canada. They should point you in the right direction from there.

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 07:10 PM
You can do newspaper searches. A lot of old newspaper content has been digitized and is available online. I'd look for the nearest historical society as well.

This page makes reference to a Malawka Regional Library but they don't seem to have a website or any contact information.

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 07:17 PM
a reply to: knoledgeispower

You might try looking up different museums in that area. Or the "historical/preservation society" for that area.

Here's a link to website I found

Chinese-Canadian Historical Society of British Columbia

List of museums in B C

Try expanding your search to "Eagle Valley" and Sicamous
edit on 4-5-2014 by MagicWand67 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 07:45 PM

Last spike driven in the Canadian Pacific Railway

Railways love historical aspects of their monopolies. Hope that helps!

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 07:57 PM

What is the name of the city town you are researching.

Nevermind...I see you did name it. Malawka in B.C, Canada

edit on 4-5-2014 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 08:05 PM
a reply to: knoledgeispower Not sure if this will help ,but it may have some ledes you can chase down . best of luck ETA

edit on 4-5-2014 by the2ofusr1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 10:03 PM
I think your spelling is incorrect.

The correct spelling is Malakwa.

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 12:00 AM
a reply to: MagicWand67

oops, yes you are correct about the spelling, I mistyped it. I only just learned about the place a couple days a go because my Mom is doing a flooring job out there.

Thanks to everyone who has provided me with tips. I'll check them out & see what I can do. I can only do online options as I only have pay as you go text plan & there isn't a long distance call plan

new topics

top topics