It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Women's period proposal.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Serdgiam

I am very fortunate, I have never had an employer who didn't consider menstrual problems to be a legitimate reason for taking the odd sick day. I didn't need time off every month, just once in a while it would just get a little too much. Not just because it was painful, it could be that the PMS had stripped me of my self-esteem, or because, to be blunt, the flow was so excessive further compounding the misery. It is not a fun time at all. When I look at young girls on the cusp of womanhood I feel sorry for them, because we don't really prepare them for this journey. It is all about sanitary products, about pretending as though that day is just another day, and it is not. That said though, I feel sorry for the boys too. Children today are meant to make that transistion to maturity as though it is nothing out of the ordinary, and we know, because of scientific discovery, that huge changes are going on both outside and inside of their bodies, biochemical fluctuations that can really mess with your mind and mental equillibrium. Before we had all this knowledge, boy and girls, at that time, would be subject to rituals and ceremonies, preparing them for these changes. Now they are just brushed off as awkward teens, and then we wonder why they can only relate to each other, as well as themselves, objects of sex and have little or no respect for the miraculous process that creates life or appreciation of the deeper sensual expressions that their bodies can afford them. It is hardly any wonder that there is a wish to project their experiences, particularly the negative, on others, since they barely understand them and you cannot explain what you don't understand.

It took me a long time to get pregnant and so I learned how it all worked, how my particular workings work. And most everyone is different. Perhaps if I hadn't been driven by that necessity I wouldn't be quite so familiar with my bio-chemistry, and would be less tolerant of those who are different, in one way or another. There is always someone worse off, and beyond that, we are all given our crosses to bear, and it is how we bear those crosses that is important. You bear your's with dignity and compassion, setting a great example to those, such as myself, with much lighter loads to carry. So thank you.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 01:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: candlestick

originally posted by: Subnatural

I thought it was funny when you said chocolate is a placebo: chocolate is a high calorie food and it feels good to eat it. So, you can't really call it a placebo, I think? It really does feel good, it really does make you feel better when you eat it, it's not just a placebo?

I dislike the taste of chocolate sometimes ,your talking way like those ads for chocolate...

I swear the chocolate makers do not pay me. But I agree, they want to sell their chocolate to us. Personally, I am trying to stop smoking. Smoking is something far more damaging than chocolate. Tobacco, I mean. We all have to come together and deny ignorance. Smoking is an ignorance I am trying to stop, for myself. A great ignorance. Wish me luck.

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 02:48 PM
link   
peekaboo

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 04:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kangaruex4Ewe
If you can make me sleep for 5 days so I don't have to endure the horrible cramps that go all the way down my legs... I would be grateful.

Sign me up as well.

God, no kidding. I'll take a 5-day period coma, please!! It's bad enough that it feels like (to borrow a line from 3rd Rock From The Sun here) I have a vice shoved in there, what little energy I do have is sapped in no time & sleep is all I want to do ANYWAY. Yeah, N00bUk's 5-day sleep-it-off sounds fabulous, invent this now, scientists.

And good god, all of you whining that he whined, knock it off. I'm a girl, and it IS a nasty, gross process & we DO go off deep ends. Hormones in flux do that. At least he suggested something useful, your turn

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: jacygirl
Seriously?
I could write my OWN rant on this subject.

How many of you men drink "the blood of Christ"? (Yeah, I know it's wine...just keep reading..)
How many of you like your steak so raw it's bleeding?
Well guys...blood is blood. You are full of it too. (blood I mean)

Not sure if anyone else caught & corrected this or not, but I'll go for it:
Actually, you're kind of wrong here, it's not just blood. Only about 1/3 of the contents of menstrual fluid is, the rest of it is uterine lining, vaginal fluid & mucous.
So, while there is blood in the mix, it's incorrect to say it's just blood. more to it than that & I'm surprised more people don't know that.
edit on 3/31/2015 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Yep, in whole cycle actual blood is about 1/2 dl in other words about 2 to 3 tablespoons.. rest is all kind of tissue and fluid. Not very nice when you think about it.
How we got back in this thread lol..

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Who cares? GET THE H*** OVER it "men"

Men...who propose that they can handle ANYTHING!

Warriors! Soldiers! Breadwinners! The future! The KINGS of the castle!

all brought down by a period cycle that is...

A. Not of control (save for using pills/shots)
B. Now that big a deal...FOR US. We don't feel the pain, bloat and everything else so get over it. If all you deal with is "yelling and moodiness" then I suggest you take a long walk off a short pier...and get past it. Supposedly we men-folk can handle anything but GASP! Not emotions! Right...

Ok women...you heard the new rule now. If you are cramped, bloated, doubled over I don't want to hear about it!

But if I have a cold I expect you to wait on me every second while I moan about imminent death

((I can't find the sarcasm or eye rolling icon...sorry))

C. Out of the many women in my life (partner, best friend, multiple coworkers, mother, aunts cousins and nieces) I hear a minuscule amount of complaint. In fact I pretty much never know...because women are a wee bit stronger than society wants to give credit for. Because with all this pain and cramping, they get to hear about how they STILL need to get to yonder kitchen and clean it

waaaaaaah

((The preceding opinion is of KyoZero...get over it))

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: KyoZero

But I agree with many of the points, we CAN be volatile wicked witches on our periods

But seriously, I'm actually on mine, and the whining about people whining about it irks the crap out of me. It's a perfectly valid thing to gripe about, especially when it's ME doing the griping.

Stupid nature & it's stupid painful mood-fluctuating biological processes. I'd rather have an outie for a week than an innie.

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 10:18 PM
link   
a reply to: n00bUK

Geez, if you think it sucks, try and imagine actually HAVING ONE. You have the better end of the deal, live with it.

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 10:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

n00bUK,

Where to even begin. I grew up with my mother and sister as pretty big parts of my life. I have seen them both doubled over in agony, and put up with vast amounts of sarcasm, and outright bitchiness from both of them. They are both wonderful people, and I love them both dearly. I consider it my very good fortune to be my mothers son, and my sisters brother.

When I have found myself in the position of dating, or living with other women, either romantically, or platonically, I therefore take the entire business in my stride, with regard to women folk and periods. The only response I know of, which is almost universally appreciated, is to ensure that a hot water bottle is provided at two hourly intervals, and nod and smile. I know what is happening in their bodies, and I know I would not want it happening in me.

To be honest, I would be either crying, or killing someone...slowly, if that crap was happening to my innards. How they remain so damned calm in the face of it boggles my mind!

Add to that the offer of chocolate or ice cream or a sympathetic ear, or all, and you've got living with women down to a T.

ETA: Just saw this was authored about a year ago. . .
edit on 31-3-2015 by randomtangentsrme because: see ETA above

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Well isn't that special?

I like what someone proposed earlier on this thread. I'd love to see men have to go through this 5-7 days out of the month - bleeding like a stuck pig, pain that takes your breath away.

You'd probably cry and bitch and stay in bed the whole time. Get over yourself!

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Honestly was just a joke lol

For us who don't know me, I am never serious, seriously.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 04:28 PM
link   

The wife thinks that you should be dragged out into the street and be humiliated by having cabbages (wtf?) thrown at you. eta: thrown at your bum for some weird reason, don't ask me, she's in a right mood

She is obviously on her period right now.

I think that your idea is sound... but the mrs wanted to know how she stems the bleeding for five days while she sleeps.

She was unimpressed by my suggestion that she sleeps in the bath

edit on 4-4-2015 by skalla because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Meh, most of the women I've been fortunate enough to know were low level period complainers... even the one trouper with seriously debilitating cramps... still was a (suffering) sweetheart through the bad week, regardless.

Between us guys, period time is happy time imho... no little rubber coats or the like to deal with ... and a wet towel will cure the bloodstain... no matter where or on who...heh.

I feel for our sisters, though... sucks to be a bio-robot, or so I hear, but it's the price of being a mobile baby baker.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 07:53 PM
link   
a reply to: jacygirl

I didn't see anyone complaining about the blood factor...There just tired of listening to women go bitch mode during their period. You're trying to make about something that it is not.

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join