It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Women's period proposal.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 03:21 AM
link   
a reply to: candlestick

I am sure it did, but that doesn't mean that those of us in the Western world, can't try to understand and learn from it. Understanding something doesn't mean you have to agree with it, it just gives you a different perspective.
edit on 7-5-2014 by calstorm because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Even someone comes from different culture and have different views doesn´t mean you have to agree on their point of views. If you agree on all cultural views then you agree on child abuse in different cultures, you agree on slavery and oppression and you agree that nazi´s were right etc.
I don´t understand and don´t agree on head patting when that someone is quite frankly and very obviously insulting people... and i don´t need to.

originally posted by: candlestick

Because many handicapped person want others become handicapped also .

That´s intresting, could you enlighten a bit this quote of yours ?

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 09:03 AM
link   
a reply to: dollukka

I agree with you 100%

This has nothing to do with culture. It has to do with compassion, empathy, and sympathy.

I just pointed out in my previous posts that people/ families who love each other will take care of each other, not because they want to see the other one suffer, or because the handicapped want others to be handicapped like candlestick thinks....no, it's because they love and care for each other, and if you truly love someone, it hurts to see them in pain.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 10:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: pennylemon
a reply to: Serdgiam

This is indeed a very interesting thread and I show up late as usual. You mention spreading the pain as spreading the wealth but I'm not sure that's the intent.

It may not be the intent behind the action, but it certainly applies to the result. You will also note that some found it funny when a male was going through the pain that is supposed to be taken seriously by males. Same pain, though simulated. For a man who elects to go through this, its funny to some, while at the same point is supposed to be taken seriously on the gender inverse.

It is also continuously implied that males cant handle pain or discomfort and that we "dont understand what its like." I just dont think that is necessarily the case.

I, thank goodness no longer have to worry, one of the bonuses of being a cancer survivor, but I would have loved a monthly vacation.

Penny

Monthly vacation doesnt sound like a bad thing to me either. I just found it strange that the response to this was "NO! Lets make the men menstruate too! Or at least make them suffer equally!" instead of "Yeah, a monthly vacation around that time doesnt sound so bad." I am definitely jumping to conclusions on that one, but its completely in line with the thread, so I dont feel too bad about it.

To others, in regards to candlestick.. It is obvious (and even spoken in plain English in this thread) that this is a poster trying to break out of their cultural story. Such an act is difficult, and since most other cultures arent any better, it is a journey laced with discord and judgment.

So, candlestick, break free of your cultural story if you feel the need. But make your own that leads to a better ending rather than attempting to follow a cultural story of a different nation that is likely just as corrupt and blind as the one you try to escape. There are ways, but it does seem that anything other than assimilation/submission results in isolation.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 03:30 PM
link   
This whole topic is quite silly at first glance, but it is grim in what it says about the way woman have been treated by generations of males ... it's a byproduct of the recent dark ages where men shook their manly heads, all so full of important stuff, and ruminated on the silly female species... hrumph, hrumph.

It is a view propagated by the men who subjugated (more than) half of our species and then, after they were reduced to slaves who were expected to be sexually desirable, said "See? they ARE ignorant, silly, vain creatures who don't know about the complex workings of our society!"

Geez.

Misogyny always struck me as fear based ... as in women have something men want... located somewhere between knees and naval... possibly the only thing that matters to men in the big picture... and that want can create some lack of control and vulnerability... which equates to fear.

Big hairy babies, we men are (in Yoda voice).

Woman are scary in their near perfection... sometimes... and the blood and misery is just part of the deal. I never got much grief from the women in my life because I took the trouble to treat them decently and think through the silly b.s. ingrained in our culture as "the war between the sexes." Things suffering are usually irritable... expect it and be nice and all is well.

Simply put, people are basically the same, though the infinite differences make them each unique. Men and women are equal in brain ability, but women were subservient because men had bigger muscles and could force the matter. Not so much anymore, thanks to enlightened thinking and hand guns, but it is obviously still around.

Like racism, or any other meme, it won't go away until the last brain programmed that way expires.

Ick'd out by period blood? Go gay and be done with it...

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Just want to say that chocolate thing is placebo BS.Hate those cheaters who often mention it.
Placebo only "work "for People who like self-deception,if people give placebo to me when I feel sick ,I would feel totally rage.

XX chromosome,super stable structure.Very safety.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 06:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: dollukka
That´s intresting, could you enlighten a bit this quote of yours ?

Because some people are unfortunate(Example: lack of money /pain /handicapped /disable),
therefore ,
they have serious anger issues and jealous for seeing healthy and wealthy people.
So they love to "force "people to join into their situation .
Although they understand it's quite impossible ,but they still love to rant on internet .
Usually like this :

What the fXXk you can such rich!?
you have to share your property to me,scuX bag .

^(Internet spiritual pollution)

This thread shows another form of this kind of rant.

a reply to: Subnatural

Why you make it to meme ?......

originally posted by: Serdgiam

To others, in regards to candlestick.. It is obvious (and even spoken in plain English in this thread) that this is a poster trying to break out of their cultural story.

Energetically nod.

edit on 7-5-2014 by candlestick because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Pinocchio... the great liar... says:

I wait till she's three days in... I come home and start her off with a cup of chamomile tea to rouse her drowsiness... then after tea I suggest she hop in the shower for a quick body rinse... hot water recommended... whilst she's in the shower... I heat up a bottle of lotion in the microwave... and rush to change the linens before she's out of the shower...
Then... I lay her on the massage table and give her a full body lotion rub.... after which... when it's all dried up and absorbed... I begin a full body massage... an hour and a half long... to which end... I add a simple 20 minute back caress... which makes her calm and sleepy... at which point she gets up and goes to the bed room wherein the fresh and cool linens await to press against her skin and knock her out completely. It works! And the thank yous come around when pms is gone. Quite ironic... as I do that to her because she deserves it and earns it and doesn't ask for it. So... my give backs amount to get backs from her... yay Pinocchio!

P.S. she qualifies if she is sexxxy housewife who cares for kids and cooks and cleans and runs errands and works and pays a couple bills... AND... If She Is P.S.E. when I get my hands on her.

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Monthly vacation doesnt sound like a bad thing to me either. I just found it strange that the response to this was "NO! Lets make the men menstruate too! Or at least make them suffer equally!" instead of "Yeah, a monthly vacation around that time doesnt sound so bad."

Menstruation is a pain in all sorts of ways, but and it is a huge 'but', pregnancy is the most amazing experience and one that I would never trade in. Same goes for the birth, 23 and a half hours of labourious pain...but what a result! The whole process, then followed by breastfeeding made me appreciate, really for the first time, how awesome it is to be a woman. Sure, men can pee standing up, I'll give them that, but that's all the pluses covered. Compared to being able to grow a baby? Pfft. Who'd want to trade that? Every time I look at my son, I am filled with wonder that he was grown in my body. That is an experience that I would like to be able to share with men, because I think that men would find it wonderfully mind blowing too. The pain in nothing in relation to the result, its just part of the process.

PMS is a different kettle of fish altogether of course. It's hard and seems uncontrollable when you're young, but you either learn to manage and overcome it, or you don't. Much like any cyclic mental disfunction, anticipating it and countering the effects is something you learn to do over time, it can still hit you like a sledgehammer, but as long as you know the cause you can rationalise and readjust your reactions accordingly. Pain management can be the same. You become acclimatised, and if need be, you should be able to just crawl into a hole until the worst of it passes without anyone feeling the need to rattle your cage.

That said. Been there, done that and have no desire to repeat the pregnancy/child birth experience, I would like a hysterectomy but I shall instead wait patiently for the menopause as it is cheaper

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: KilgoreTrout

MEN: if you want to make your woman happy, please reread this post and understand it.

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 05:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Pinocchio

That sounds heavenly........

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 04:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: candlesticka reply to: Subnatural

Why you make it to meme ?......

I was mocking you, I am sorry.

I thought it was funny when you said chocolate is a placebo: chocolate is a high calorie food and it feels good to eat it. So, you can't really call it a placebo, I think? It really does feel good, it really does make you feel better when you eat it, it's not just a placebo?

And when you talked about the XX Chromosome being "very safety", it made me think of the Doge meme. I apologize, that was racist of me.

I respect you, I am not trying to be mean. I think you have made some good points in this thread, but there is a big cultural divide at work, you and some people posting in this thread have very different outlooks in life. It is hard to communicate with people of different cultures. But it is also very interesting and rewarding. Potentially.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 04:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

MEN: if you want to make your woman happy, please reread this post and understand it.

I too would love to experience pregnancy. It sounds magical.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 07:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Subnatural

I thought it was funny when you said chocolate is a placebo: chocolate is a high calorie food and it feels good to eat it. So, you can't really call it a placebo, I think? It really does feel good, it really does make you feel better when you eat it, it's not just a placebo?

I dislike the taste of chocolate sometimes ,your talking way like those ads for chocolate...

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 07:54 AM
link   

I dislike the taste of chocolate sometimes ,your talking way like those ads for chocolate...

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 04:27 PM
link   

I too would love to experience pregnancy. It sounds magical.

I fear that I may have over-sold pregnancy and wouldn't want to give an unrealistic impression. Many women have a terrible time, my cousin's wife spent the first three months of her pregnancy hospitalised on a drip due to extreme morning sickness. There are a multitude of other complications both with the pregnancy itself, as well as the birth. Even in the most medically advanced societies, women still die in childbirth and infants are still born, if the pregnancy even gets that far. It is estimated that one in five pregnancies end in miscarriage. My second pregnancy did. Having a life die inside you is something I cannot articulate, and something that I could not bear to risk repeating. I decided therefore to be grateful for what I had already got, and I am, every day.

It is magical, a miracle no less, understanding the biological processes involved somehow makes it even more so, and I can still vividly remember the moment I first felt my son move inside me, and of holding his feet and hands through the wall of my belly. We are programmed to remember the magic and forget the pain, otherwise we never would contemplate doing it again. And that it easier for me, I've idealised it a little perhaps, because of the loss of the second. So, as awesome as it is to be a woman, it is bloody hard in other ways too.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Back/feet rubs

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: KilgoreTrout
Menstruation is a pain in all sorts of ways, but and it is a huge 'but', pregnancy is the most amazing experience and one that I would never trade in. Same goes for the birth, 23 and a half hours of labourious pain...but what a result! The whole process, then followed by breastfeeding made me appreciate, really for the first time, how awesome it is to be a woman. Sure, men can pee standing up, I'll give them that, but that's all the pluses covered. Compared to being able to grow a baby? Pfft. Who'd want to trade that? Every time I look at my son, I am filled with wonder that he was grown in my body. That is an experience that I would like to be able to share with men, because I think that men would find it wonderfully mind blowing too. The pain in nothing in relation to the result, its just part of the process.

I am of the mind that the whole process of pregnancy and childbirth is a miracle. I know, it happens "all the time" and all that jazz.. but I dont think it is something I can be swayed on. I think its one of the most amazing things in the universe. Though, as you went on to later say... I wish we could figure out how to make it successful 100% of the time, because when things dont go right, the aftermath can be.. rough.

PMS is a different kettle of fish altogether of course. It's hard and seems uncontrollable when you're young, but you either learn to manage and overcome it, or you don't. Much like any cyclic mental disfunction, anticipating it and countering the effects is something you learn to do over time, it can still hit you like a sledgehammer, but as long as you know the cause you can rationalise and readjust your reactions accordingly. Pain management can be the same. You become acclimatised, and if need be, you should be able to just crawl into a hole until the worst of it passes without anyone feeling the need to rattle your cage.

I think thats an easy way to relate, especially for me. I definitely have constant and severe pain, with no breaks. And you do learn how to deal with it, if one is inclined to do so. But, I am afraid that that whole "learn" thing is considered obsolete by many, at this point.

That said. Been there, done that and have no desire to repeat the pregnancy/child birth experience, I would like a hysterectomy but I shall instead wait patiently for the menopause as it is cheaper

And its not so bad in that regard. It can seem like a while, but its only once a month until then! And as you said, it enables one of the most beautiful processes out there!

The only way I will escape the pain of my crumbling bones is death.

I think the end result is that famous quote to "be kind, for we are all fighting our own battles." Sometimes these may seem stupid to others, but its all about perspective. We each have our times of great pain and great struggles, and I think the best way to approach it is with compassion tempered with a pinch of reason.

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 04:22 PM
link   

The only way I will escape the pain of my crumbling bones is death.

I think the end result is that famous quote to "be kind, for we are all fighting our own battles." Sometimes these may seem stupid to others, but its all about perspective. We each have our times of great pain and great struggles, and I think the best way to approach it is with compassion tempered with a pinch of reason.

I cannot imagine how it must be for you to endure your pain, and I won't do you the disservice of trying to, but in all that you have to say, I agree entirely. I have a few difficult days each month, compared to what others, like yourself, have to go through, it is glitch, and one that I was built to bear. Also, unlike chronic medical conditions, I can take control, largely through understanding of myself, my patterns and my cycles. For me, having that psychological control, both in terms of the pain and the hormonal peaks and troughs, make it predictable and more bearable.

Thanks for your reply. I found it most humbling. Best wishes to you.

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 09:22 AM
link   

I think it just really bothered me when others wanted to "spread the pain."

I would never want someone to even try to imagine what this feels like, so I dont even describe it. I wouldnt wish it on anyone, not anyone. And yet, when a male decided to go through the pain in a simulated fashion, it was found to be humorous by the same people that wanted me (a male) to take the pain/discomfort seriously in the first place!

It just.. bothers me.

Its all part of the plan, and perhaps I should just accept the way things are going.. but I guess I am the type to not go quietly into the night.

Thank you for always sharing your unique perspective so that I may learn. That is a dying art.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join