It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Religious Duality...Repeating again and again.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 01:39 PM
link   
I was kind of looking up my old deleted face book, looking up some old school mates, and seeing how some of them have moved, changed or unchanged. Now I noticed someones profile kept on bragging about Satan, heavy metal, and all that, and I think its quite adorable and cute too as bad ass they like to see themselves . Lol.

I just wanted to post in Skunk works, cause I'm not interested in a heavily religious debate. I just felt like giving my opinion on it, which is why its in SKUNK WORKS.

Anyways, it reminded me of the concept of Jesus vs Satan, Or God vs Lucifer(Sun vs Moon, maybe) being that it a never ending name picking cycle, much like how the sun rises, and sets each day. How the saints/disciples of God claim to be appointed creations spreading gods will as well word, while Satanists do what ever they can just to spite them. Much like being hurt by the false promises of a magical being, not give them anything much like Santa Clause, or had been tricked by the childish superstition, or horrific dogma of an organization that they once believed.

Now, I understand the concept of Satanism is just to spite or strike fear into any believer of Christ, where as Jesus could be worshiped as a Sun deity, while... Watever the other guy is called these days is much like the moon, a counterpart to the life giving, or taking rays of the sun. Night and Day, polar opposites in their overall design...respectfully.

Much like the concept of Judaism and Christianity. Where in Judaism, it the God you should fear above all else, where as it would get jealous of any other would be opponent God. Where Christianity has lost some of that fear in a over powered God, and is kind.

It almost no different then an Atheist comparing themselves to both sides.

Atheists would believe themselves to be absolutely truthful to what reality and fact gives them, no different then a saints view of spreading the gospel being the absolute truth of creation, as to where a Satanist would try to debunk, use scary, anti god goat imagery, and hissing noises. Which is where atheism share some similarity in the view of Satanism, but again, the Atheist would consider both sides to be stupid to them.

It remind of an old saying..."Demons can Rise, while Angels can Fall".

I just thought of it being interesting, where both endlessly pick on each other, and fail.

"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."
Albert Einstein

edit on 4-5-2014 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Problem Reaction Solution:
it has always seemed away to put a value on "sins"... prohibition... create the problem
create fear of consequences...the reaction
Then provide a way to pay for a way out...indulgences... offerings.. the collection plate
call it what ever.
and then sit back and collect the dough without actually delivering anything real for it....

its called "money for nothing" and its an age old form of bullhockey known as religion
edit on Sunpm5b20145America/Chicago00 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

edit on Sunpm5b20145America/Chicago32 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Danbones

True indeed, where as a Christ believer would be a Germ-a-phob, and Satan's a Germ, that must be cleansed by fire(alcohol).
Although religion would often like to make it self a symbol, or an Idol of whatever that would bring the most followers.

Could use various themes depending on what ills are effecting the age or civilization, where u said it perfectly. Problem Reaction Solution of Masses. Where Judaism in those days, was just unforgiving , and Christ seem liked the Yellow brick road to God. Now you look at, it has switch completely. Judaism no longer fears God wrath, or a form of hell, while Christianity has fallen into that superstitious trap, and that God has become feared again, regardless of persona or character. Much like how Satan takes many forms.

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 07:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Specimen

Satan does take many forms and many of them forms are in todays world. But religious folk cannot do anything let alone judge someone who they suspect of committing sin etc. The only thing they are told is to identify those types of people and stay away from them.. You will find that it's usually fundamentalists from all the religions who like to argue and preach and to me these people are scary because I see them as having a few loose screws up top.

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 11:15 PM
link   
a reply to: DarknStormy

Yea, but Satan is a Dragon that has got to be slain, so the religious zealots can wear a dragons hide as a trophy. Old propaganda that has been going on for centuries, and has changed drastically in some ways. Using peoples ignorance's against them, and making them into toy soldiers.

Just point in the direction, and say Satan or witch.

I don't doubt the fundamentalists would definitely push their views, and that they do indeed have their screws loose using old hatreds. I do believe that their ignorance will be their own undoing, as much as their puppets.

The modern age has changed that in one way, where as religious mythologies have indeed become more...imaginative.
edit on 4-5-2014 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

top topics

join