It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1500 Year Old Bible Claims Jesus Christ Was Not Crucified – Vatican In Awe

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 08:32 PM
link   
a reply to: knoledgeispower

If this is a 1500 year old Bible, then this Bible was written in 500AD. The texts of the Bible today were all written before 100AD, so why would anyone trust this Bible written around 500AD? Why would their information about Jesus be anymore correct if the person who wrote this didn't even know Jesus being born after the time of Jesus and all of its New Testament writers?

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 12:18 AM
link   
originally posted by: Seede

I'm going to quote user 8BitOperator for what they said about Leviticus 18:22

It is in no way a 'clear' condemnation of homosexuality, and the 1917 Masoretic text is absolutely NOT a word for word translation of the original Hebrew. If you'd read my post, I did point out the important missing word in this verse, but just for clarification I will point it out again:

The word BED is missing in translations of Leviticus 18:22.

A much, much closer reading of the original text is as follows:

"A man shall not lie down with another man in a woman's bed, for it is prohibited."

I'll explain again why this is crucially important:

The term prohibited is used; meaning restricted or forbidden by law or authority. The specification is made that this incident is happening in a woman's bed (if this were about homosexual relationships, then why not the man's bed?). So essentially, all this passage is stating is that it's forbidden by law for two men to be in a woman's bed. Now, if you have any historical understanding of the culture and laws of the time period, this makes perfect literal sense. There were many laws regarding a woman's bed at the time. It was, in fact, even forbidden for a husband to lay down on his wife's bed at certain times of the day. And, most assuredly only her husband was allowed to do this. Any sort of promiscuity or a woman having more than one sexual partner (more than one man in her bed) was a completely restricted offence. Leviticus is simply a restatement of these laws. This line is referring absolutely and directly to promiscuity, having more than one partner, or indeed threesomes and orgies. It is in no way, shape or form a condemnation by God of homosexual behaviour.

I will again quote something else user 8BitOperator said:

You can either place your trust in commissioned translated releases of the Bible that contain tens of thousands of translation errors, and fail to take into account grammatical mistakes that can directly alter inference and meaning; or you can examine the actual base texts from a scholarly and historical standpoint. You need to understand the original texts from a literary basis, and understand how they relate to the time period culturally from a historical basis.

If it turns out that the bible you rely on for what people said God wanted is false wouldn't you follow basic common sense?
When I used the phrase "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you" I said that I was choosing to word it this way, I am not taking something from the bible as I believe it is common sense to only do good things & to not harm others. I also said I believe in Karma & karma basically follows the same parameters of "do unto others as you would have them do unto you" I do not pick and chose anything from the bible because I do not believe in it, I simply chose a phrase you would be used to.

You claim to be a believer in a Creator and you infer that a bible of your choice makes you this believer.
I never said that I have made my choices on a bible, quite the opposite, but it's not just my opinion about the bible that had me come to my spiritual path.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to knoledgeispower:

Earlier in one of your post you stated once you die you will ask God to forgive you of your sins.

You have this wrong. You must ask for forgiveness BEFORE you die not after. Once you are dead it is too late to receive forgiveness. So if your plan is to wait until you die......well then you will be surprised.

If it was that easy hell would be empty.
edit on 6-5-2014 by Jesuslives4u because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 01:37 PM
link   

I love how they have it pinned down with paper clips.

Is this an actual practice of archaeologists?

Heck I ruin new documents with paperclips, but this one is 1500 years old. Just saying.

edit on 6-5-2014 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 02:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: undo
personally, i think jesus was the last pharaoh of egypt, and son of cleopatra, who's egyptian name was isa. he was a descendant of king david via the ptolemy line of cleo. when julius caesar was killed, cleopatra sent isa on the silk route to escape the roman assassins, who knew he was the next heir to the throne of the roman empire and a threat to their plans. this made him the rightful heir to the throne of the egyptian empire, the roman empire and the throne of israel. he had it all going on, and had a huge target painted on him. i think after his escape, she faked her own death, and met the caravan in israel - its last stop on the silk route before egypt. it's my view that cleopatra was known as mary in israel. the actual story is much more interesting than what we are taught.

Thats an interesting take on the whole history. Never thought of that before.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 03:10 PM
link   
My biggest question is. So, who was historical Jesus? There is Roman documentation that he was in fact put to death. So who died in his place? Maybe Jesus' name isn't Jesus?

These books have been known before, most of them were lost or changed or just discarded, probably for various reasons. The christian faith has roots that go back to many, many different sort of 'gangs', take for example the Jesus fish, it was a pagan symbol that was adopted by Christians and later forgotten, the cross was most likely used for obvious reasons. Who know. This book needs to be seriously studied.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jesuslives4u

Earlier in one of your post you stated once you die you will ask God to forgive you of your sins.

You have this wrong. You must ask for forgiveness BEFORE you die not after. Once you are dead it is too late to receive forgiveness. So if your plan is to wait until you die......well then you will be surprised.

oops, I did mean to say ask for forgiveness before I die.

I was told all the time at church, "that as long as you ask for forgiveness & you truly mean it, God will forgive you. God is a forgiving loving God who wants you to walk his path." (not exact wording as that was many many years ago but pretty close.) So by that logic, it doesn't matter what sin you commit, as long as you ask for forgiveness & you truly mean it, you will be forgiven. That doesn't mean that hell would be empty because I'm guessing not everyone would truly mean it when they asked but it does mean that for all we know, Hitler could be up in Heaven because he truly meant it when he asked for forgiveness.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 04:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: knoledgeispower

originally posted by: Jesuslives4u

oops, I did mean to say ask for forgiveness before I die.

I was told all the time at church, "that as long as you ask for forgiveness & you truly mean it, God will forgive you. God is a forgiving loving God who wants you to walk his path." (not exact wording as that was many many years ago but pretty close.) So by that logic, it doesn't matter what sin you commit, as long as you ask for forgiveness & you truly mean it, you will be forgiven. That doesn't mean that hell would be empty because I'm guessing not everyone would truly mean it when they asked but it does mean that for all we know, Hitler could be up in Heaven because he truly meant it when he asked for forgiveness.

Yes, you are forgiven for what you did, but you can't continue in it. That's the problem with people, they think that God's grace is sufficient to forgive for sins they haven't committed yet.

But that begs the question, are you doing acts that you consider sin that you need forgiveness for? If you feel you need forgiveness, then it must be that you feel certain acts are sins.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 05:20 PM
link   
The lake of fire is an egyptian concept.

And There were 2 ways to enter the lake of fire. 1, You encounter it along your journeys in the underworld.

Or you were devored by the pets of Pharoh, such as Ammit.

en.wikipedia.org...

Ammit (/ˈæmɨt/; "devourer" or "soul-eater"; also spelled Ammut or Ahemait) was a female demon in ancient Egyptian religion with a body that was part lion, hippopotamus and crocodile—the three largest "man-eating" animals known to ancient Egyptians. A funerary deity, her titles included "Devourer of the Dead", "Eater of Hearts", and "Great of Death". Ammit lived near the scales of justice in Duat, the Egyptian underworld. In the Hall of Two Truths, Anubis weighed the heart of a person against the feather of Ma'at, the goddess of truth, which was depicted as an ostrich feather (the feather was often pictured in Ma'at's headdress). If the heart was judged to be not pure, Ammit would devour it, and the person undergoing judgement was not allowed to continue their voyage towards Osiris and immortality. Once Ammit swallowed the heart, the soul was believed to become restless forever; this was called "to die a second time". Ammit was also sometimes said to stand by a lake of fire. In some traditions, the unworthy hearts were cast into the fiery lake to be destroyed. Some scholars believe Ammit and the lake represent the same concept of destruction. Ammit was not worshipped; instead she embodied all that the Egyptians feared, threatening to bind them to eternal restlessness if they did not follow the principle of Ma'at. Ammit has been linked[who?] with the goddess Tawaret, who has a similar physical appearance and, as a companion of Bes, also protected others from evil. Other authors[who?] have noted that Ammit's lion characteristics, and the lake of fire, may be pointers to a connection with the goddess Sekhmet. The relation to afterlife punishment and lake of fire location are also shared with the baboon deity Babi.

Only the *pure* spirits who live with the principals of ma'at or the 10 commandments would be permitted to enter.
Tho the Egyptians did not nessisarly create the pyramids and such.

Think of the Egyptians as being like Native Americans. They found the spot, And the developed myth based on artifacts and remaining monuments.

As more people entered the kingdom it became more diverse, These interpritations of the creators of the Pyramids and the sphinx has lead to such myths as The greeks pantheon with zues, Of which live on a * mountain* Mount olympus was the Giza Plateux. But was not developed until much later, after the first and 6th dynasty of egpyt has effectively destroyed each other.

It was the remains of the religious wars between the first and 6th dynasty that left what is the Egyptian religion. Besides all that, there is no hyroglyphs on the pyramids or the Sphinx, Hyroglyphs are a purely Egyptian concept.
They did however mimic the artitecture as much as possible and did put insignias on many objects, Except for the most sacred objects the Pyramids and the Sphinx were left alone.

When Alexander found the pyramids, the society flurished again. This time semetics, greeks, Persians, romans all traveled to Alexandria, Where a large scale *archelogical, historic religious cache* of scroll were left by the first and 6th dynasty.

it was the scolars who in turn became *prophets* and rewrote such books as Unas in the pyramids texts as well as the many schools remaining that delt with all these religious icons each of which claiming to be a Messiah or a prophet.
The dead sea scrolls were a product of the imagination of some scrolls from Alexandra. Same as the romans Horus-Jesus Myths.

The problem was, That those societies, the persians/Semetics/greeks/assyrians Anyone who was in the area who ventured along the silk roads and beyond. They were all picking up from the mess left by the first and 6th dynasty.
Not all the gods are reocurring there, its evident that not everyone believed in the same thing and that people were seperated in *houses* that worshipped their covetted gods. With more gods being created by the fabricated imagination of trying to explain how the impossible got there, it lead to a run away of myths that likewise was happening elsewhere. As Ancient monolithes began reciving squatters of civilizations that marveled at their works and always attempted to replicate so that they can try and prove humans created it. When that fails, Religious wars begin picking up and eventually each *house* would try proclaiming their God or what they think it was is the right idea and they thrust it as the king of the pantheon. When this idea dosn't jive with everyone, It leads to civil uprising and the burning of food rations and agricultural builds and utilities, which leads to famine and than eventually to Exodus.

What is happening in the world right now is that we have expanded our knowledge and this pooling of identies from other cultures is now a click away on the web. But back then when the bible was being written, What i typed above is what happened and many of the scrolls and texts have evidence of these wars pre-existing. Infact its a major reason why the jews have always been persecuted. Is because when Ceasar and the ruling linage at the time descided that he wanted to vouch for the Horus mythos more over, This upset the semetic Jews. Who believe the Rock was their God. The stone, Not the stone itself but the living Image. What other name at that time was called the Living image? Il give you a hint, its a A lion statue and its sitting at the border of the heart of Egypt. The Temple is nearby, as well as *mount Zion* Since the pyramids are made of stone.

You can obviously tell how the stories of Yahweh, who was once a storm god carried by the semetic people evolved into a fully fledged ancient unknown entity of unkown origins opposed to the very well written Horus documents. This was completely contradictory to their beliefs. This is why the sphinx myth in greece was introduced as a female molevolent holder of secrets. Alexandria was a threat because of many of the documents leaving clear plagorizations from ancient scrolls it had to be burned down. With rome collecting what it needed to create their *pantheon* and the greeks who devolved their pantheon along with the romans because of the large number of greek settlers who lived in memphis, The city of the sun, and all those other places. Cleopatra did attempt to marry Juelus cesear and unit the new found colonies with the roman rulers but the religious wars got to out of hand. The Vatican is locking away many of these secrets because it would destroy christianity from the inside out as well as the islamic faith and at the time the the rediscovered kingdom of Egypt. It was There that the greeks learned how to move stone and to quarry for their temples in greece.

The titans in greek myths are the elder gods in the Egyptian pantheon, its evident that Cronos is a reflection of Unas the god slayer. As scrolls would have existed within Alexiandra before it was burned down.
Nearly everything on the eastern side of the world ( im in Canada) has its roots developed from Egypt. When they say that all man came out of Egypt. They are making references to the many time Egypt has been settled and abandoned.

It has been settled and abandoned many time, And are several years older than we are led to believe.
What all these people feared. From settlers aeon to aeon. Was that the living image. The statue. Would come to life and destroy the land for its ignorance. They feared the creator because of his wonders, who stand awesomely as a testament against the sands of time.

Its hard to see through all the mythology, but you will see that the answers are there. The old testament is made up of scrolls from the Dead sea scrolls which were created and found in Alexandria. The new testament is a collection of scrolls and creations from scolars who lived in roman and recived scrolls from Alexandria. The Islamic faith with prophet mohammed studied in Alexandria, and so birthed the Islamic faith which holds hands with the Semetic faith. Believe it or not Yahweh and Allah are very similar.

Anyways that's were we are with all this right now. And people are just waiting for the *image* to make a move as is all scriptures deem it.

edit on 6-5-2014 by AnuTyr because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 06:56 PM
link   
a reply to: pleasethink

Text Did you know that they actually have a very interesting Bible which is an accurate translation from the original text?

I am interested pleasethink. I am aware of the complete Aramaic bible by Lamsa which does look promising but have not heard of this of which you are describing. Would appreciate a line about it . Thank you pleasethink.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 07:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Seede
a reply to: pleasethink

Text Did you know that they actually have a very interesting Bible which is an accurate translation from the original text?

I am interested pleasethink. I am aware of the complete Aramaic bible by Lamsa which does look promising but have not heard of this of which you are describing. Would appreciate a line about it . Thank you pleasethink.

I took a look at the Lamsa translation, it doesn't seem different in context.

What is interesting is that the Earth has always been called "Earth", the other planets are named after other gods, but the one we are on, has always been called "Earth". And what is even more amazing, we live on the third rock from the Sun. We live on number 3, there are nine gifts of the Spirit listed in order and number 3 is faith. I don't think that is a coincidence at all.

The third day in Genesis is fruit bearing trees. That's important, we are known by the fruit we bear and if we have faith as the grain of mustard seed...Jesus rose on the third day, the Firstfruit or Firstborn of the dead. We are made part of the olive tree. Any tree that does not bear fruit will be cut down.

Imagery of faith and fruitbearing hearken back to the Creation account. That can't simply be a translation error or an interpolation, that would mean every writer of the different books had the same mind when writing it. It's those "obscure" things that bring it to life and show the consistency in the message. It would take an incredible literary genius to come up with even half the things that are "obscure" but clearly there.

The Earth is vibrant blue-green that is teeming with life so much that you can see it from space. Again, that also hearkens back to Genesis, because plant life is on the third day. Births are after three trimesters. It was on planet number 3 that God breathed into man and he became a living soul, or a Son of God.

When looking out into the vastness of the night sky, God said to Abraham "Count the number of the stars if you are able, I will make your descendants as numerous as the stars in the heavens and the grains of sand on the sea". Abraham was justified by faith and became a friend of God, for his seed to multiply. Faith and seed on the number 3 go hand in hand.

Just thought I would throw that in there.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 08:31 PM
link   
a reply to: stirling Can I get an Amen!!!

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 11:22 PM
link   
a reply to: WarminIndy

Yes I believe I have committed sins because I bullied kids who bullied me, my sister & I would get physical when we fought & all the lies & deceptions I used to do. Those I am truly sorry for doing & will ask forgiveness for. I do not believe my bi sexuality is a sin.

Yes some stuff is sinful (bad) like murder. I will word my life motto the way I tell it to others, not in the words that I think you guys will best relate to: "If you do good things for others & yourself then it is ok but if you do harm to others or yourself, then it is not ok." Which again is basically the same thing as "do unto others as you would have them do unto you" IE: COMMON SENSE!!!

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 11:24 PM
link   
I will no longer discuss my own personal beliefs as it has nothing to do with this old bible/book & if it is credible or not. If you have something to say about the book/bible than great, if not & you wish to debate my beliefs
I've said all that I want to say on the subject.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Gnostic gospels were debunked a long time ago. We are wayyy past that now...

No one cares about a bible or claimed scriptures written in 500ad which are most likely obvious forgeries writen by the men who decided to create Islam to discredit the bible and gain followers to their new religion.

Only fools that have already rejected the Word of God the Bible and thus rejecting God pay these late "discoveries" any credence.

Scholars just laugh at them.

The Vatican are stupid.
edit on 7-5-2014 by RevelationGeneration because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-5-2014 by RevelationGeneration because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 03:16 AM
link   
The mind is a very deceitful thing.
In its darkness, it will latch on to any claim which justifies its insistence that the darkness is really light.
Even if it means agreeing with Islam and their claims.
Even if it means agreeing with the devil itself.

All just to deny that Jesus was not who He said that He was - the Son of God.
All just to deny that He is the Lord Our Righteousness so that we can continue striving to earn our own righteousness.
All just to convince ourselves that the light within ourselves...isn't darkness.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 04:06 AM
link   

What is interesting is that the Earth has always been called "Earth", the other planets are named after other gods.

The days are also named after Gods and/or heavenly bodies:

Monday - Moon
Tuesday - Tyr (although have seen it said to be after Zeus also)
Wednesday - Wodan
Thursday - Thor
Friday - Frigg
Saturday - Saturn
Sunday - Sun

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 05:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: undo
personally, i think jesus was the last pharaoh of egypt, and son of cleopatra, who's egyptian name was isa. he was a descendant of king david via the ptolemy line of cleo. when julius caesar was killed, cleopatra sent isa on the silk route to escape the roman assassins, who knew he was the next heir to the throne of the roman empire and a threat to their plans. this made him the rightful heir to the throne of the egyptian empire, the roman empire and the throne of israel. he had it all going on, and had a huge target painted on him. i think after his escape, she faked her own death, and met the caravan in israel - its last stop on the silk route before egypt. it's my view that cleopatra was known as mary in israel. the actual story is much more interesting than what we are taught.

What a great read!

Are there any sources?

Not trying to debunk you, just genuinely enjoyed this post and would love to see sources

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 09:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: knoledgeispower
I will no longer discuss my own personal beliefs as it has nothing to do with this old bible/book & if it is credible or not. If you have something to say about the book/bible than great, if not & you wish to debate my beliefs
I've said all that I want to say on the subject.

You introduced your beliefs and desire for what you wish the Bible to say. That being said, you are the one who has to live with yourself, as we all do.

You asked us a "what if?" question, what if Jesus wasn't crucified, which is what we were asked to address and then I asked you later "What would it mean to you if He wasn't?" That's a personal belief and the subject of the thread is based on that question.

Intrinsically, the thread is asking about personal beliefs.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 09:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Power_Semi

What is interesting is that the Earth has always been called "Earth", the other planets are named after other gods.

The days are also named after Gods and/or heavenly bodies:

Monday - Moon
Tuesday - Tyr (although have seen it said to be after Zeus also)
Wednesday - Wodan
Thursday - Thor
Friday - Frigg
Saturday - Saturn
Sunday - Sun

Only for English convenience.

Saturday in Spanish is Sabado, which means Sabbath and Sunday is Domingo, or Day of the Lord. Spanish still retains the Hebrew and early Christian words.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join